The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
navyblue
It can't be alphabetically.... my last name starts with an R and I've already got mine..

It could be based on when one sent off a housing application, although I bet they do it all randomly :biggrin:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 61
navyblue
I'm Polish :smile: i'm pretty happy I landed up in St Salvator's, everyone seems to be excited about that hall... I also wonder who i'll be living with ;:confused: :smile::smile:

Sallies looks brilliant, anyone else applied/living in New Hall?
Reply 62
Ahh, you guys are making me all excited because of your excitedness. I can't wait to get back. I keep thinking about things like buying towels and stuff (yes I'm that sad, just so happy to have my own flat =D)
Reply 63
Lol... I'm the same... but me being sad its getting excited about cooking utensils:biggrin:
Reply 64
Solid_L
Lol... I'm the same... but me being sad its getting excited about cooking utensils:biggrin:
Eww, WHY did I get rather dirty thoughts in my head there??? :angel:
Reply 65
Dalimyr
Eww, WHY did I get rather dirty thoughts in my head there??? :angel:

No idea, but I am generally a dirty person.... maybe the "getting excited about utensils" sounds like I'm into some kinky sex equipment:p:

Is this going to turn into a spanking with wooden spoons conversation? (Is that comment going to get my told off by a mod:confused: )
Reply 66
Solid_L
Is this going to turn into a spanking with wooden spoons conversation? (Is that comment going to get my told off by a mod:confused: )
No, it wouldn't get you in trouble with mods...me, on the other hand ;spank;
Reply 67
:boxing:

I'm sorry miss Dalimyr:handkiss:
Reply 68
I think she's offended now..... no reply....
Reply 69
Just because I haven't replied doesn't mean anything :wink: I was probably watching something on TV and was too caught up in that :rolleyes:

No, I wasn't being serious and no I wasn't really offended :p: I just wanted to use the new spanking smilie :biggrin:
Reply 70
I don't blame you, it is cool.

Anyway, I only wanted an excuse to kiss your hand really :p:
Reply 71
Hey all,

I'm a gap year student - I had my unconditional offer last year and I got my accommodation letter through two weeks ago now.

I got put in DRA, Herkless house, apartment 4...can anyone tell me what floor that's on? Is it one apartment per floor?

Also, does anyone know how strict they are about electrical appliances? They say that heaters, kettles, irons etc are banned since they are high power, but is there any guidance as to how many watts of electricity an item can consume?

-Ross
Reply 72
Ross1
I got put in DRA, Herkless house, apartment 4...can anyone tell me what floor that's on? Is it one apartment per floor?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's on either the ground floor or first floor. Although, I've only ever been in DRA five or six times in two years, so I honestly have no idea :s:

Also, does anyone know how strict they are about electrical appliances? They say that heaters, kettles, irons etc are banned since they are high power, but is there any guidance as to how many watts of electricity an item can consume?
You're not 'allowed' to have those things in your room, though I'd say it's more the fire risk involved than anything else. However, it's VERY rare for people from the uni to go into your room for ANY reason, so you're not likely to be caught :wink: A couple of people in my Fife Park house had things like mini fridges in our rooms and we never got in trouble for it.
Reply 73
Dalimyr
A couple of people in my Fife Park house had things like mini fridges in our rooms and we never got in trouble for it.

Great, that's what I was planning on bringing :smile:

I read on the sinner that the DRA tenants get bothered by safety checks quite regularly...

-Ross
Reply 74
Sanja
University hall, single for me too! And I agree, the price is outrageous. You could get two months in a proper flat with two rooms or at least a decent student room with ensuite bathroom in Sweden for the price you pay per month for uni hall! And if you find out what C3 means could you please tell me? I have C21. I suppose it refers to which wing and room we will be in, and I want to know!

:hello: Hi! What subject are you studying? I think you're right about the C3/21
do you think we'll be in the old wing? When are you moving in? Might c u around :p:
Reply 75
Fiddle
do you think we'll be in the old wing? When are you moving in? Might c u around :p:
Yup, most halls are divided into sections. In McIntosh it's the individual floors (A-E), I believe in Melville it's the wings (A-E again, I think).

C3/21 would mean that you're in room 3/21 in C-block :smile:

:confused: How'd I miss Sanja's post?
Reply 76
Fiddle

Hi! For some obscure reason I don't think C3/21 are in the old wing, but don't listen to me because I really don't know. I have a friend who lived in uni hall last year but I can't find her email address! Very frustrating. Oh, and I've heard that the single rooms in uni hall are claustrophobically small, does anyone know if that's true?

I'm arriving on the 16th. And you?

I'm studying economics and spanish and am planning on trying to get ir as my third subject. Btw, does anyone know how good grades you have to have to be allowed to do ir? Do you thing 39 IB points are enough? And can you do it as your third subject or are all places taken already by people having it as their degree?

What are you studying Fiddle? Oh, and I hope I'm not being rude, but are you a girl or boy? Just wondering if they have single sex halls or not (supposing we are in the same)?
Reply 77
Sanja
Just wondering if they have single sex halls or not (supposing we are in the same)?
Each block (i.e. A, B, C, D, E, etc.) will be single-sex. However, there are some (very rare) cases where someone will be in a block of the opposite sex (my friend Louise was in a wing of Andrew Melville that was all male except for her and one other girl, IIRC)
In the case of McIntosh two years ago (don't know if it changed last year), A-floor, C-floor and D-floor were female-only, while B-floor and E-floor were male-only.
Reply 78
Would it be a good idea to invest in a bicycle if I end up in DRA?
Reply 79
I think so. I lived in Melville last year and found the bike extremely useful.

Latest

Trending

Trending