University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey 2014 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Helmet Diver
Chemical Engineering applicant here! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im applying for chemical engineering too!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 61
Original post by ferltoun
I'm considering between "Tourism Management" and "Tourism Management and International Hospitality"... Why did you choose the second one? I have no idea which one would be better :biggrin:

I choose second one because it looks better especially some hospitality modules. Just look at modules for each course and think which ones do you think you would like to study. However, I'm still considering I might change my mind last minute before sending my application :smile:

Do you guys, who are applying for tourism related courses, think that personal statement is really important? I'm applying for geography at UCL and this is my no 1 choice therefore all my personal statement is about my passion for geography... But I still love Surrey uni and I really like tourism course.

Do think I can get an offer with personal statement for different subject? I got ABBB at AS and now Im predicted AAA-AAB.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kendricklamar
applying for law at surrey also! Pm me if you're applying also, would love to get to know people that are applying for my course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there i'm applying for law at surrey too !
Original post by kendricklamar
applying for law at surrey also! Pm me if you're applying also, would love to get to know people that are applying for my course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by hodanblahblah

me too!
what did you guys get and hows the PS going ?
Reply 64
Original post by smartie94
I rang them up and they basically said I needed a B and I should retake maths to get a B but its a bit too late now and I was so desperate to get onto that course but there's no point applying if they said no

you can do you retakes never to late and in the college sends out predicated grade work hard you will get b. i got d in foundation. worked and managed to get b in higher worst if all i joined in late.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mrs_usher4
me too!
what did you guys get and hows the PS going ?

Hii and my personal statement is half way done I'm taking a long time because i want it to be good and so far to me it sounds -_- , what about youu??
Reply 66
I'm applying for International Politics :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by muzika
I choose second one because it looks better especially some hospitality modules. Just look at modules for each course and think which ones do you think you would like to study. However, I'm still considering I might change my mind last minute before sending my application :smile:

Do you guys, who are applying for tourism related courses, think that personal statement is really important? I'm applying for geography at UCL and this is my no 1 choice therefore all my personal statement is about my passion for geography... But I still love Surrey uni and I really like tourism course.

Do think I can get an offer with personal statement for different subject? I got ABBB at AS and now Im predicted AAA-AAB.

I think that personal statement is quite important.. Maybe you should just mention about tourism in your PS? Well, I think that geography partly relates to tourism so you could write something about this. :cool:
I'm applying for international politics here :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by muzika

I'm applying to UCL for geography as well :smile: We have similar predictions and AS (makes me not feel like I'm punching above my weight haha)

You should email surrey and see if you can write an additional one to send to them. I know you can for Durham (or similar, can't remember)

If not, talk about tourism and relate it to geography. For example, I wrote about conservation in my personal statement so if I wanted to apply for say environmental studies, I could :redface:
Reply 70
Original post by GeogBerry
I'm applying to UCL for geography as well :smile: We have similar predictions and AS (makes me not feel like I'm punching above my weight haha)

You should email surrey and see if you can write an additional one to send to them. I know you can for Durham (or similar, can't remember)

If not, talk about tourism and relate it to geography. For example, I wrote about conservation in my personal statement so if I wanted to apply for say environmental studies, I could :redface:

Oh that's great, to which other universities are you applying? Are you applying to Surrey? :smile:

Yes I think I should email them. Just I'm really not ready to write a second personal statement. It took me so long to write good personal statement for geography course... Maybe I should ask them or there is a possibility of getting an offer with personal statement about geography and see what they say. I think I'll add one short paragraph about sustainable tourism or something like that to my personal statement if Surrey gonna say that is unlikely to get an offer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by muzika
Oh that's great, to which other universities are you applying? Are you applying to Surrey? :smile:

Yes I think I should email them. Just I'm really not ready to write a second personal statement. It took me so long to write good personal statement for geography course... Maybe I should ask them or there is a possibility of getting an offer with personal statement about geography and see what they say. I think I'll add one short paragraph about sustainable tourism or something like that to my personal statement if Surrey gonna say that is unlikely to get an offer.

Sounds like a good idea :smile:

No, Surrey don't have a geography course unfortunately. I think UCL, Exeter, Cardiff, Loughborough and Reading (but not sure about the last) what about you?
Reply 72
Original post by GeogBerry
Sounds like a good idea :smile:

No, Surrey don't have a geography course unfortunately. I think UCL, Exeter, Cardiff, Loughborough and Reading (but not sure about the last) what about you?

Im applying to UCL, Royal Holloway, Southampton and Reading but still not sure about Reading maybe it will change to QMUL. And Surrey of course, yeah I wish Surrey could have a geography course :smile:
Reply 73
hey guys how did you like the open day? :cool:
Reply 74
Has anybody applied or received an offer yet? Or know anyone that has? My application for Medical Engineering went off at the end of last week and I'm finding the waiting around so intense!
Hii and my personal statement is half way done I'm taking a long time because i want it to be good and so far to me it sounds -_- , what about youu??

i feel exactly the same.. it doesn't sound as 'intellectual' as some of the PS's I've read
well i wrote it anyway but its like 5000 characters so i'm getting advice from the careers department in my college on what parts to cut down.

Where else are you applying?

Hey I am new to this....But I am also applying for Law but I have low predictions, what do you think
Original post by a_f
Has anybody applied or received an offer yet? Or know anyone that has? My application for Medical Engineering went off at the end of last week and I'm finding the waiting around so intense!
I sent my application last wednesday and received the offer yesterday morning. Your course seems more competitive than mine though, i'm going for politics and sociology
Reply 78
Hi, aspiring Economics applicant here. :smile: Anybody else?
Original post by mrs_usher4
i feel exactly the same.. it doesn't sound as 'intellectual' as some of the PS's I've read
well i wrote it anyway but its like 5000 characters so i'm getting advice from the careers department in my college on what parts to cut down.

Where else are you applying?

Tell me about it!!! I keep changing this and that but i'm still not happy about it so i guess i have to head down to connection/careers
i'm applying for surrey , kent , southampton , winchester and still not sure about the 5th one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending