The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Everything lool .... hav no idea.. feel like i dont no neting.. tried a past paper n knew nothing.. literally =s =( was ok in da moks tho .. lol ... confusinnn
Reply 2
Apparently, 'how 2 control malaria' is fairly likely to come up. But then again, that's according to my bio teacher who knows nothing so who knows!
Reply 3
foundation and transport hopefully will be alrighty, but the HH&D paper.......:eek: , eek is the right word. prob cos its the paper which tests ur application of knowledge the most out of the 3. anyway gl with ur exams y'all!
Does anyone know any of the grade boundaries for AS level Ocr Biology? Because I really want to mark my papers....

Please help!!!!!! Be much appreciated.
Reply 5
80% A. 70% B. 60% C. etc.

I doubt Malaria will come AGAIN. Its come up like 3 times in the past 5 years. But then again, who really knows?

But I guarantee a long question one at least one of HIV/Malairia/TB/Cholera.
In the transport, I'm sure that there'll be something on the pathways; apoplast and symplast this year.
our teacher also said something about thinking malaria might come up because they like to ask relevant stuff and with the Bill Gates putting loads of money researching a vaccine this year its relevant. Also they like to ask bout obesity and atheriosclerosis etc. because its a problem in Britain.
Reply 8
Ugh, three hours on monday morning....*complains*....

anyhooo :p: , I'd place money on there being a DNA question of some description in foundation, mainly because there wasn't anything at all about it in jan...and that was the only thing i knew!!!....hahaha, gotta love re-sits....:rolleyes:

Good luck all! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 9
Haha sucker. I did the first module in January, I only have to do 2 modules on Monday. :smile:
Reply 10
:p: meaaan.....

Am dreading H+D most though, tis just so...:confused:

And the main prob i'll have in transport is plants...i mean come oon...am i really going to become a gardener noo...*complains* :mad:

:redface: :rolleyes: ah wells, The long question in H+D is usually a "state the difficulties in irradicating ..*insert name of disease*... from the world" isn't it?

xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 11
well in jan 2006 HHD i think they had a long question on smoking and mentioned aids and tb so what about chlorea when did that last come up? foundations def the easiest cos its a case of memory skills whereas HDD is more being able to see past their strange worded questions!
Reply 12
I think you're right, obsity, cholera and malaria are likely to come up. We'll see.

What else do you think might come up in HHD?
Reply 13
i dont think malaria will come up, like the above poster said, its already come up a few times in the recent years. i also reckon DNA/protien synthesis will come up. i love that stuff! and like you all, i really dislike HHD, its so boring and long. its not even proper biology, just crappy facts. at least theres a bit of interest in foundation and transport.
HHD is HORRIBLE. Actually learning the stuff is fairly easy...a lot of it seems like common sense, its just the questions are so horrible. My school seems to have an obsession with tests and we get one practically every week and the HHD ones are always the worst because they mark them so harshly. Aaahhh!!

Good luck everyone!:eek:
Tuberculosis is the next one in line for HH&D then.
There'll probably be some sort of immunity-related question to do with development of the B or T lymphocytes.
Oh and maybe a question on the pulmonary side of the exercise or the smoking topic.

Was xylem covered in Jan 2006? If not, then I think it'll be next.
Reply 16
june 2005 was cholera and jan 2006 was TB, i very much doubt either of those will come up tomorrow! i feel AIDS is more likely to come up as it has not come up as much as marlaira has although this is just my gut feeling based on what has previously come up.

for foundation i feel protein synthesis is quite likely to come up though looking at what everyone doing the exam tomorrow has said.
personally i hope the nitrogen cycle doesnt come up!!!!
bring on AIDS

Latest