The Student Room Group

My evidence hasn't been sent back!

Hi! When I sent off my application to student finance, I included my birth certificate and name change certificate.
Student Finance have sent my birth certificate back with a letter saying that they're assessing my application, but I didn't get my name change certificate!
Will they send that later? I hope they've not lost it! What should I do? :eek:
Reply 1
Original post by Abblecrumble
Hi! When I sent off my application to student finance, I included my birth certificate and name change certificate.
Student Finance have sent my birth certificate back with a letter saying that they're assessing my application, but I didn't get my name change certificate!

okay so have you tried emailing/ringing them up asking them where it is and explaining what happened?? P.S i'm applying next year and i also changed my name and on my birth certificate it states my old name at the top and my current name at the bottom which shows that i changed it would i need to send my name change certificate (whatever that is because i don't really have that... or i think my mum has lost it or something) please quote me if you're going to reply thanx
Original post by Abblecrumble

The reason this has happened is that original ID evidence gets separated from other evidence.

Your name change certificate will have been sent for scanning. However, you should only have sent a photocopy of this not the original. It will almost certainly get scanned without anyone at Student Finance seeing that it's the original document, then sent to a storage box.

All is not lost, because once it is scanned, the box number will be recorded. You will have to call to request it be posted back, though, and it will take a while for someone to go to the box and retrieve it after you've requested it.
Reply 3
Original post by Jerry
okay so have you tried emailing/ringing them up asking them where it is and explaining what happened?? P.S i'm applying next year and i also changed my name and on my birth certificate it states my old name at the top and my current name at the bottom which shows that i changed it would i need to send my name change certificate (whatever that is because i don't really have that... or i think my mum has lost it or something) please quote me if you're going to reply thanx

I will ring them!
I'm not sure, but I sent mine because my new name is not on my birth certificate and I need to prove it's me.
Reply 4
Original post by applicationa
The reason this has happened is that original ID evidence gets separated from other evidence.

Your name change certificate will have been sent for scanning. However, you should only have sent a photocopy of this not the original. It will almost certainly get scanned without anyone at Student Finance seeing that it's the original document, then sent to a storage box.

All is not lost, because once it is scanned, the box number will be recorded. You will have to call to request it be posted back, though, and it will take a while for someone to go to the box and retrieve it after you've requested it.

I sent them the original document because Student Finance said they need all of the original documents as evidence. The same has happened to my twin sister.

I will try and get in touch with Student Finance. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending