The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Yep those deathmatches were brutal. Ive got one of those barbed wire matches on the first post, you should check it out. Its the barbed wire match between Terry Funk and Sabu. It is truly hardcore!!. Whoever says wrestling isnt real should watch that !
Reply 181
I just found this video of Khali : The Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsdSMEM24oM&search=Vince%20mcmahon%20kurt

What do u guys think of it, I couldnt stop laughing for the whole thing even though it was pretty stupid
LuckyMan
Yep those deathmatches were brutal. Ive got one of those barbed wire matches on the first post, you should check it out. Its the barbed wire match between Terry Funk and Sabu. It is truly hardcore!!. Whoever says wrestling isnt real should watch that !

You got any Mick Foley ones?
Reply 183
The great Khali :adore:
LuckyMan
O dear I just found out the main event of ECW next week at the Hammerstien Ballroom...... ( source - the WWE home page )

Batista vs Big Show for the title

Expect a riot from the fans ( Vince is an idiot :confused: )

The fans will probably all either walk out before the match starts, or keep chanting "this match sucks" or throw things in the ring!
I was thinking, we should discuss the greatest and worst match in wrestling history.

My nomination for the worst match ever is definitely Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, they took 5 mins to even touch eachother, Stone Cold was obviously annoyed with both of them, and once they did touch eachother, they just got it over very quickly because they both realised it sucked. To have a crowd at Wrestlemania chanting "boring" speaks volumes about how bad it was.

My nomination for the best match ever is much harder to think of because no single match really sticks out. The TLC matches were all outstanding, and the Rock vs HHH match for the Intercontinental title in a ladder match was also great, but I can't think of specifically when it was.
Reply 186
tis_me_lord Ill try and get some Mick Foley deathmatches up. If anyone finds any please post a link. All Ive got so far is the Mick Foley vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell match which has a link on the first post.

Yep that Goldberg vs Lesnar match is my worst ever as well

I cant choice my favorate match but here are a selection of my favourite in no particular order

1) HBK vs Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania 21)
2) TLC matches (WM 17 and 18)
3) All the Rock vs Stone Cold matches
4) Edge vs Foley (WM 22)
5) Armageddon Hell in a Cell (I forget who was in it)
6) HBK vs HHH vs Benoit (WM 20)
7) Mick Foley vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell (KOTR 1998)
8) For a non WWE match try Samoa Joe vs A.J Styles vs Christopher Daniels
LuckyMan
5) Armageddon Hell in a Cell (I forget who was in it)

That would be The Rock vs The Undertaker vs Austin vs Kurt Angle vs Rakishi vs HHH.

Personally I didn't see "let's bung the top 6 stars in the top match type" very imaginative.
tis_me_lord
That would be The Rock vs The Undertaker vs Austin vs Kurt Angle vs Rakishi vs HHH.

Personally I didn't see "let's bung the top 6 stars in the top match type" very imaginative.

I agree, it wasn't that great a match. There must have been some superb ECW matches I haven't seen that could be contenders, such as the Raven vs Dreamer feuds.
Greyhound02
I was thinking, we should discuss the greatest and worst match in wrestling history.

My nomination for the worst match ever is definitely Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, they took 5 mins to even touch eachother, Stone Cold was obviously annoyed with both of them, and once they did touch eachother, they just got it over very quickly because they both realised it sucked. To have a crowd at Wrestlemania chanting "boring" speaks volumes about how bad it was.

My nomination for the best match ever is much harder to think of because no single match really sticks out. The TLC matches were all outstanding, and the Rock vs HHH match for the Intercontinental title in a ladder match was also great, but I can't think of specifically when it was.

Summerslam 1998 that match was great
my top matches:
undertaker vs shawn michaels (hell in a cell)
razor ramone vs shawn michales 1995 intercontinental title match
triple h vs the rock iron man match
cactus jack vs triple h

worst match(s)
brock lesnar vs goldberg
most of ahmed johnsons, when he began to put on weight
Reply 191
My top matches:
Stone cold vs triple h 2 out of 3 falls
triple h vs cactus jack
mic foley vs randy orton hardcore match
summerslam 2003 chamber match
eric bishcoff vs eugene
triple h v benoit v shawn mic

worst match:
scott steiner v triple h
Reply 192
BTW it turns out that WWE has resigned Jeff Hardy :biggrin:

Its on the WWE homepage
Reply 193
Whats wrong with Tim White? Everytime I see him on WWE, he wants to kill himself.
that "lunch time suicide" segment of Tim White trying to kill himself, wasnt real i dont think he eally did try to kill himself
I've been watching RAW since about 1997, I have to say that last monday's raw was easily the worst RAW I can ever remember. It started badly when the idiots in the production truck couldn't get the music right, and made several really bad mistakes. The carlito match had a botched ending. You KNEW umaga would beat HBK I can't even remember any of the other matches cos it was so dull!
Owen Hart. :frown:
Reply 197
Eddie Guerrero :frown:
Is any else fed up with DX already?
Mr Perfect, Yokozuna, Andre the Giant, British Bulldog

........................ Hulk Hogan attempting still attempting to wrestle:frown:

Latest