The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Rock of 2012 is sure as hell different but that's what you call evolution. Rock's promos as stated above started to change from 2002 onwards, mainly as the Attitude era ended. His promos changed, left in 2004, came back in 2012 and his promos seem to be more intune with Rock as a person and his sense of humour than his cocky, brash Rock of the past decade.

You think Taker would still be around if he had sticked with his Deadman gimmick of 90s? Nope. He's kept going because he sensed he had to change somewhere down the line, he did that by changing to the ABA from 2000-2003.

Bottom line is, Rock is still entertaining and keeping the fans on their feet.

Unfortunately with Cena, had a successful rap gimmick, which he tried to move away from - but sadly didn't change to anything fresh or new. He turned his gimmick to the Never back down, never quit but that just came across as cheesy. Maybe not his fault as the writers/Vince wanted him to be the man but Cena's not evolved his character successfully, hence the boos. Maybe a heel turn down the line could do something for him.
Reply 5741
Original post by Aky786UK
Unfortunately with Cena, had a successful rap gimmick, which he tried to move away from - but sadly didn't change to anything fresh or new. He turned his gimmick to the Never back down, never quit but that just came across as cheesy. Maybe not his fault as the writers/Vince wanted him to be the man but Cena's not evolved his character successfully, hence the boos. Maybe a heel turn down the line could do something for him.

I read Cena say a few years ago that being more himself rather than the Dr. of Thuganomics was either his idea or something he really wanted to do, but we just ended up with WAY too many 'ur gay' jibes and cheap pops. I don't see the appeal.

He says things, but he doesn't have any character when he says them. At least when he was a wigger he had a character and a reason to say what he says.
Christian is finally back. Wrestling in general is borning with out. The guy is so underrated, he should be in the main event with Bryan, they would put one hell of a match on.

Anyway I am hoping he gets drafted to raw and has a long summer feud with Punk for the WWE title, it would be amazing as

Mic work Punk > Christian - both amazing still
Wrestling work: Christian > Punk
Promo: Christian > Punk
Charisma: Christian > Punk
Look: Punk > Christian

It would be amazing the angles they could play out, off course even though I am a major Christian mark, Punk should go over but the title should change hands once in their feud to Christian and Punk wins it in the end.
Reply 5743
Maaan not watched WWE in years. I'd love to watch Wrestlemania though, two of my favourite wrestlers in a match that's been hyped up for over a year? Brilliant!

Unfortunately I can't watch it though, I'm away. :frown:

But there's so many guys left now, Batista, Triple H, Edge and all them. :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5744
Original post by Jim-Jam
Maaan not watched WWE in years. I'd love to watch Wrestlemania though, two of my favourite wrestlers in a match that's been hyped up for over a year? Brilliant!

Unfortunately I can't watch it though, I'm away. :frown:

But there's so many guys left now, Batista, Triple H, Edge and all them. :/

Two things to point out:

1) The match hasn't been hyped for over a year, it was booked a year in advance , was hyped for about a week in November, hyped every odd day between Royal Rumble and No Way Ou... 'Elimination Chamber'... and is only now being hyped... with comedy and promos.

2) Triple H has anything but left. In fact, he hasn't wrestled for about a year and is still in one of the WM main events. So has Jericho, mind, but Jericho is more likely to keep wrestling after WM.

Though you're probably lucky not to be watching recently if you like Cena, his character has practically been buried in a feud with the intensity of a smile.
Reply 5745
Although the new Kane thing is pretty cool.
Reply 5746
Just 14 nights away from Wrestlemania!!

What's your predictions on Undertaker and Triple H?

They're all hyping it up as "the end of an era" but honestly? I really think Undertaker still has it.
Reply 5747
Original post by Feem
They're all hyping it up as "the end of an era" but honestly? I really think Undertaker still has it.

End of the DX era maybe.

For the 100th time.
Reply 5748
I don't think Triple H will do it.

HBK may have a change of heart and let The Undertaker win it.
Original post by nonotrly
Two things to point out:

1) The match hasn't been hyped for over a year, it was booked a year in advance , was hyped for about a week in November, hyped every odd day between Royal Rumble and No Way Ou... 'Elimination Chamber'... and is only now being hyped... with comedy and promos.

2) Triple H has anything but left. In fact, he hasn't wrestled for about a year and is still in one of the WM main events. So has Jericho, mind, but Jericho is more likely to keep wrestling after WM.

Though you're probably lucky not to be watching recently if you like Cena, his character has practically been buried in a feud with the intensity of a smile.

It has been hyped since it was booked, they've had mentions at least every other week and any Cena fued is indirectly linked to the Rock since the booking. Eg Kane trying to get Cena to embrace the hate if he wants to beat Rock (arguably the worst EVER fued I've seen in my entire life).
Original post by Feem
Just 14 nights away from Wrestlemania!!

What's your predictions on Undertaker and Triple H?

Taker to win, no doubt. Undertaker, as a fan of his, IMO, needs to retire. His WM streak which created so much intrigue on who will end it has become truly boring. The countless rematches (Kane 2x, HBK 2x, HHH x3) has discredited the streak a tad. It's not that interesting anymore. Taker will win to become 20-0. Best way to leave unless next year, a rising star can end the streak?

I'm ordering the show, admittedly only for the Rock's return and his match vs. Cena but the whole card seems very decent.
Reply 5751
The countless rematches (Kane 2x, HBK 2x, HHH x3) has discredited the streak a tad.

What do you mean Triple H x3? This will be the second time they've faced at WrestleMania.

Original post by nonotrly
What do you mean Triple H x3? This will be the second time they've faced at WrestleMania.

Maybe I'm misjudging your attempt at sarcastic humour there? If so, apologies

They've met three times.

First at WM17 in a No DQ Match - Undertaker won
Second at WM28 in another No DQ match it was I think - Undertaker won
Third (and hopefully last time) HIAC - Fill in the predictable gap.
Reply 5753
Maybe I'm misjudging your attempt at sarcastic humour there? If so, apologies

They've met three times.

First at WM17 in a No DQ Match - Undertaker won
Second at WM28 in another No DQ match it was I think - Undertaker won
Third (and hopefully last time) HIAC - Fill in the predictable gap.

Did the picture of Triple H wearing a big(ger) nose and moustache not give it away? :colonhash:
has it occurred to you guys that wrestling is fake? It's as real as a hollywood movie.

Edit: why the neg? I'm sorry if you enjoy watching a bunch of overgrown men slapping and pushing each other in a ring and then whining about it.
(edited 12 years ago)
undertaker 20-0 at WrestleMania
Original post by star10159
has it occurred to you guys that wrestling is fake? It's as real as a hollywood movie.

What, so The Undertaker isn't really dead?

Wow, thanks so much for clearing this up. I must pass on this information to my fellow wrestling fans... and then inevitably nobody will attend wrestling events anymore just like how nobody watches those fake Hollywood movies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5757
Original post by star10159

Hahaha dumbest guy on earth.
Original post by Introvert2020
What, so The Undertaker isn't really dead?

Wow, thanks so much for clearing this up. I must pass on this information to my fellow wrestling fans... and then inevitably nobody will attend wrestling events anymore just like how nobody watches those fake Hollywood movies.

What?? Is Wrestling Fake?? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Might as well jump off a building!!!
I know this is a WWE thread and not a general wrestling one, but is anybody else going to the BritWres-Fest on April 1st in London? It's being pushed as the biggest wrestling event in this country in a decade, and it's featuring only domestic talent. The likes of Zack Ryder Jr. and Doug Williams are already confirmed, as are Tyler and Lauren from EastEnders for some reason.

Some tickets are free (with a recommended donation as it's a charity event for Great Ormond Street) but you can also get some nice seats for £15 a pop.

Latest