The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nonotrly
I don't get it - Rock comes back one year now all of a sudden people act like he only comes back once a year every year.

It's probably more a case of Rock comes back because Vince asks him to and he gives a crap enough to make time to help WWE out.

Haven't heard anyone **** on Taker this year.

Ok, my mistake...

Face of the franchise v a bitpart wrestler who's only there when the organisation needs help.
And I want Rocky to win.
First row sports if you're not ordering, but I really think it's worth it this year, especially seeing as it's $70/$80 in USA.
Reply 5842
here comes the pain
Frankly I think WWE has been going dangerously downhill ever since Eddie Guerrero died (RIP to him). Now it's just Cena and Orton winning all the time to rake in a load of money in from little kids. It's just way too predictable, and what else? they make PG so you can't even get any good storylines or matches :rolleyes:. I really doubt Wrestlemania is going to be better either (but I don't plan on finding out because I have better things to spend £15 on).

TNA is all right, I watch it now and again, but part of me fears they're just getting rid of too much of the things that made the company different (e.g. the six-sided rings, the unlimited X-Division, etc.).

So yeah, wrestling overall is starting to suck. Had to be said.
Reply 5844
Hi, guys can someone tell me what time wrestlemania starts?
Original post by xxm
Hi, guys can someone tell me what time wrestlemania starts?

In the UK starts at midnight and finishes at 4 in the morning.
Here comes the pain.
Reply 5847
Here comes the pigeons.
Does anyone know what time the Undertaker-Triple H match will be (UK time)?
Reply 5849
Original post by usycool1
Does anyone know what time the Undertaker-Triple H match will be (UK time)?

The bell will ring at 3:02am (and 17 seconds).
Having thought about it, i think Lesnar will demand a match with taker at next years wrestlemania.
Original post by nonotrly
Here comes the pigeons.

This?

Anyone know of any pubs in London that show Wrestlemania? My internet has decided it is a good day to run at snail's pace.
Damn I ain't seen wrestling in tiiiime, I might actually watch this Wrestlemania to see The Rock's match and Taker vs HHH.
Original post by ish90an
Anyone know of any pubs in London that show Wrestlemania? My internet has decided it is a good day to run at snail's pace.

Don't know about pubs but I do know a few branches of Riley's are, if you have one near you.
Anyone else going to be posting while the show? Ordered the show. Going to be sat in front with a takeaway and drinks.

MOTD then going to get in the mood for Mania with The Rock's new DVD.
I went to BritWresFest today in London, which was fantastic, but just whetted my appetite for yet more wrestling, and so I've ordered WrestleMania, pretty excited, and I'll scream like a girl if Brock Lesnar comes back!

My predictions:

John Cena will win, if The Rock wins there will be a rematch somewhere down the line.

The Undertaker will retain the record of course. I think Triple H will have the match won but Shawn Michaels will turn on him, far too much attention has been given to the fact that HHH will be "better than HBK" if he wins for it not to play a role tonight.

CM Punk I think will retain the title but the feud will be far from over, and I think Jericho might just take the title at Extreme Rules.

Sheamus will probably win, I think Daniel Bryan ought to be champion a little longer but last year Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble and then lost his WrestleMania title match and I just don't see it happening for the second year on the trot.

Cody Rhodes is clearly going to win the feud with The Big Show, but whether he'll win tonight is another thing. They clearly see Cody as a main eventer in the very near future, so a win would certainly help him, especially over a beast like Show, but he'll need to lose that title soon if he's going to seriously enter the main event scene, and Show is probably as "big" as you're going to get taking that title, so the answer to this one is "I don't know", but if I had to say one, I'll say Cody retains.

Randy Orton will obviously beat Kane, it's more obvious than The Undertaker keeping the streak!

Is Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny elimination or one-fall? I think one-fall might be a bit shambolic but I think that's what it is. Either way, I think Johnny will win and I definitely see someone betray their teams, maybe Aksana turning on Teddy, or The Miz might turn face as he's gone a bit stale lately. We'll see there, but I'm guessing Johnny will win if anything. I hope it's elimination, but right now I can see it barely lasting ten minutes and ending out of the blue, twelve people in one match is too many for me.

Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos will win, they shouldn't as she's just a celebrity but the celebrity always wins. I was pretty angry when they had Mickey Rourke knock Chris Jericho out a few years back and make one of their biggest stars look a ****, but that will happen. I agree with a previous poster though that it will be Eve Torres who loses, Beth Phoenix will be kept as strong as possible.

In the dark match, The Usos are stuck on NXT and Superstars, and Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd have clearly just been thrown together on the fly, so it's going to be an easy win for Primo & Epico.
Reply 5857
Any genuine link for online stream please?? PM me!!!
Original post by RangerX
Any genuine link for online stream please?? PM me!!!

First row sports!
Reply 5859
Original post by Kenan and Kel
First row sports!

Latest