The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6060
Original post by nerd434
That's the last time I'm staying up for that ****..

Yeah, I stayed up for It Begins, the week after, and even WrestleMania. Wasn't really worth it. Back to YouTube.
lesnar?
Reply 6062
Original post by ThaChronic
lesnar?

:rofl::lol:.

Night all!
Reply 6063
Original post by ThaChronic
lesnar?

And Batista.

Man hugged.
Can't believe WWE basically put over a part time guy over their franchise, if there's no rematch for Cena to get the win its pretty poor.
ROCKY!

It was a tough call but Cena won't be that hurt by the loss, he's still the guy and the man but I think the decision, because Rock was in Miami, it just seemed more of a fairytale ending.
They made a bit of a point of the fact that it was Cena's cockiness (and thus, perceived "inexperience") that cost him. I think they might make that a major issue until Cena challenges Rock to a rematch and takes it seriously or whatever, and takes the win.
Reply 6067
The End of an Era!
Reply 6068
With Punk beating Jericho and Taker/HBK/HHH all going back for a bum-train, it's funny that Rock still beat Cena.

Cena's the black sheep then? I mean his booking has led him to be buried in the build-up, now he still loses during the passing-of-the-torch PPV. Cena's time is gone, gone I tells ya!
Good show overall. My match ratings:

Sheamus v Daniel Bryan 0/10 (it didn't last long enough to warrant a rating) although 10/10 for the result and hillarity of it.

Kane v Orton 4/10. Wasn't a classic by any stretch of the imagination.

Big Show v Cody Rhodes 4/10. At least Show got his WM win at long last.

Kelly Kelly and Maria what's her name v Beth Phoenix and Eve. 0/10. Divas looked stunning as usual but the match was dire completely dire. Would have been better off with a singles match for the Divas title. Worst match of the evening.

Team Jonny v Team Teddy 2/10......missed opportunity for an exciting match, the screwjob was crap as was the final result.

Undertaker v Triple H - 10/10 Match of the Night. A classic for the ages and I hope we don't have to wait another year to see Taker return to the ring.

CM Punk v Chris Jericho - 9/10. Another great match and I hope we haven't seen the last of this Punk and Jericho feud as a rematch needs to be on the cards.

Rock v Cena - 9/10 Want to give this a 10 but it fell short. Took a while to get going and it didn't have the same aura as Hogan v Rock or Rock v Austin. Would have been nice to have seen Cena do a people's elbow and rock bottom and likewise Rock do an AA and five knuckle shuffle. Still a good match and good way to end the evening. Would have been nice if they'd shaken hands at the end. I think the final word on this will be said on Raw tomorrow so we wait and see.

Overall WM Rating - 7/10 a lot better than the crap served up last year and not the worst I've seen....that prize goes to WM 16. The bulk of the marks came from the three main events. Whilst I'm pleased Sheamus won it was silly to end it so quick as there could have been scope for a sensational twist by AJ screwing over Bryan during the match but I suppose that issue will rear it's head on Raw.

A Divas singles match or battle royale would have been better. The tag match was just lame although the divas look stunning.

Team Jonny v Team Teddy match could have been so much better so I say it was the biggest disappointment of the night (even though I scored it higher than two other matches).

Rock v Cena was an unpolished gem.....could have been great but just lack that spark that previous WM classics had.

Hell in a Cell couldn't have been done any better if except perhaps both of them climbing onto the roof of the cage and/or HBK sweet chinning HHH.
Original post by nonotrly
With Punk beating Jericho and Taker/HBK/HHH all going back for a bum-train, it's funny that Rock still beat Cena.

Cena's the black sheep then? I mean his booking has led him to be buried in the build-up, now he still loses during the passing-of-the-torch PPV. Cena's time is gone, gone I tells ya!

As I said in a previous post it now means it was some time ago that Cena last won a match at WM so if I were him I wouldn't be best pleased. But I didn't expect Rock to make such a lucrative comeback only to lose to Cena. It was same when Hogan returned....sure he beat Rock but he beat HHH and HBK and became Undisputed Champ in the process.

On another note the Brodus Clay segment was just cringeworthy. MGK's performance wasn't a good as it could have been and Flo Rida was just having a massive ego trip.

Undertaker once again set the bar like he has done for the last 20 years. Once he does finally retire, WWE and wrestlemania and wrestling in general will seem an empty place.
Reply 6071
Sheamus/Daniel Bryanson was an insult to the company, two PPVs, one title and a few million people. The Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, and all of Miami were simultaneously **** on. Clearly the bookers just wanted the match out of the way - a world title match involving the Royal Rumble winner.

It's like "we could try and build Sheamus, or just give him the title. He won the Royal Rumble, that's enough. Why give ourselves more work?". Is that what the RR represents now? It is.

Kane/Orton - didn't watch.

Big Show/Create-A-Wrestler Template #1 from SvR - didn't really watch, bit weird seeing the Big Show start his WWE career in the main event picture, now he's left with only being happy with an IC title sympathy win (which isn't even worth anything any more).

Whores tag match - didn't watch.

Obligatory Authority Figure match - didn't watch.

Taker/HHH - A match 10 years too late. They should have had this match when they were in their prime, it was set up and ready to be used, not when they've retired. Same with the Kane HIAC. This was a waste. The match psychology was also 1-4 years too late. I can never be excited again after last year - I knew at that point that all finishers will be kicked out of, and Taker will never stay down.

It also damages other matches like Punk's and Rock's, knowing finishers now have the same impact as a clothesline.

Punk/Jericho - Cool.

Rock/Cena - They shouldn't have let Randy Orton plan this match. It was a good match. It was not a WrestleMania main event, however. Also, it being 2012 WWE, it was far too formulaic. First it was Rock/Hogan, then Survivor Series 2011, then holds, then 5 Moves of Doom each and finishers.

Overall - Poor. I haven't seen many WrestleManias, WM13 seems awful, so this was not the worst, but it was pretty poor. WrestleMania 16, which gets **** on, undoubtedly had more entertainment, wrestling, fun, emotion and even star power on show. That was 12 years ago.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
As I said in a previous post it now means it was some time ago that Cena last won a match at WM so if I were him I wouldn't be best pleased. But I didn't expect Rock to make such a lucrative comeback only to lose to Cena. It was same when Hogan returned....sure he beat Rock but he beat HHH and HBK and became Undisputed Champ in the process.

On another note the Brodus Clay segment was just cringeworthy. MGK's performance wasn't a good as it could have been and Flo Rida was just having a massive ego trip.

Undertaker once again set the bar like he has done for the last 20 years. Once he does finally retire, WWE and wrestlemania and wrestling in general will seem an empty place.

What are you on about, it was the perfect comedy skit to do b/w main events, it was a riot. Flo Rida on the other hand should never be brought in ever again, lip-syncing a "live performance" with a white Rihanna.
Man was so annoyed when Bryan got buried, but then hell in a cell came about, top 5 Mania match of all time? I think so.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Man was so annoyed when Bryan got buried, but then hell in a cell came about, top 5 Mania match of all time? I think so.

Nahhh, top 10 defo.
Original post by ish90an
Can't believe WWE basically put over a part time guy over their franchise, if there's no rematch for Cena to get the win its pretty poor.

Exactly right. I smell a rematch, and Taker Lesnar for WM29.
Original post by nonotrly

Rock/Cena - They shouldn't have let Randy Orton plan this match. It was a good match. It was not a WrestleMania main event, however. Also, it being 2012 WWE, it was far too formulaic. First it was Rock/Hogan, then Survivor Series 2011, then holds, then 5 Moves of Doom each and finishers.

Where did you read that Orton planned it?

Anyway my takings:

Bryan must be injured or something must have happened to cut short the match, surely that couldn't have been in the plan all along!?

Johnny V Teddy pretty much encapsulated what I think 75% of WWE has turned into - a complete circus.

Show V Cody & Randy V Kane were forgettable as predicted

CM Punk V Jericho was the match of the night, amazing performance.

HHH Taker may have been no holds barred, the cell was pointless and wasn't used at all. HBK V Taker still wins over both HHH matches. Not a bad viewing, but it wasn't legendary.

Rock V Cena had promise, I didn't like the extended substitution spots that prolonged the match. Momentum was decent until then, cant complain about the ending (a people's elbow would have been nicer though).

Poor WM when looking at all the massive hype relative to other years, but the Rock winning (which I didn't see comming) makes it worth while
Original post by rickjames

Anyway my takings:

Bryan must be injured or something must have happened to cut short the match, surely that couldn't have been in the plan all along!?

Johnny V Teddy pretty much encapsulated what I think 75% of WWE has turned into - a complete circus.

Show V Cody & Randy V Kane were forgettable as predicted

CM Punk V Jericho was the match of the night, amazing performance.

HHH Taker may have been no holds barred, the cell was pointless and wasn't used at all. HBK V Taker still wins over both HHH matches. Not a bad viewing, but it wasn't legendary.

Rock V Cena had promise, I didn't like the extended substitution spots that prolonged the match. Momentum was decent until then, cant complain about the ending (a people's elbow would have been nicer though).

Poor WM when looking at all the massive hype relative to other years, but the Rock winning (which I didn't see comming) makes it worth while

Did you not feel the emotion?!
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Did you not feel the emotion?!

I did, but it was a bit too easy to guess where the near fall's came, and what era has ended exactly? streak is still alive and they haven't made it clear as to whether HHH has stopped or Taker, or both?
Reply 6079
Original post by rickjames

-_- I was referring to the non-existant pace.

Latest