Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The WWE Society

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    While going to sleep I for some reason started thinking about how The Muppets v2.0 hosted Raw, and how disappointing Statler and Waldorf were (from what I saw). Then I started thinking up real S&W jokes. Even one while I was asleep. So here, let's pretend this is what they actually said:

-----------------

Statler: "Ted DiBiase? He still around?"

Waldorf: "No that's his son, Ted DiBiase Jr."

Statler: "I heard he did the high jump before he became a wrestler"

Waldorf: "Well he tried, but he couldn't get over!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

-----------------

Waldorf: "That John Cena, huh? Looking in great shape."

Statler: "Did you know he had a day job as a salesman for household items?"

Waldorf: "Really?"

Statler: "Yeah. You'd think he'd be able to take that experience into his matches and sell a clothesline every now and then!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

---------------------

Statler: "You know, CM Punk really loves Pepsi."

Waldorf: "Of course he does! He's straight-edge, so he doesn't have coke."

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

---------------------

Statler: "I've been watching Matt Hardy YouTube videos. He's such a badass."

Waldorf: "He is?"

Statler: "Well, he's bad... and he's certainly an ass!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

-----------------

Statler: "You hear the one about the entertaining Big Show match?"

Waldorf: "No..."

Statler: "Neither have I!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)

Sorry, needed to use that...!!

SVR 2006 was my life and the only WWE game I ever really played. Got myself SVR 2011 recently and that's top too, the roster on 06 was brilliant though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's so cool. Seriously the coolest guy ever.

"And you two Jabroni's don't even have enough class to introduce yourself...! What is your name?"
    "D.."
    "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

Best is the Dudley's though...

"You should know by now, that we are the D..D..D.."
    "It-it-it-it doesn't matter!" *Smack*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    extreme rules was incredible. best overall ppv since mitb, holy ****.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading the results of Lesnar/Cena, and this is what I'm reading as far as moves go:

Lesnar's moveset: Takedown, ground & pound, knee strike, german suplex, kimura, clothesline, F5, flying knee,

Cena's groundbreaking moveset: Elbow strike, shoulder block/top rope leg drop/Alcoholics Anonymous/Moves of Doom.

Match structure: Cena gets beat on all match then makes a quick comeback to beat the odds and win.

No change after over half a decade.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)
    I'm reading the results of Lesnar/Cena, and this is what I'm reading as far as moves go:

Lesnar's moveset: Takedown, ground & pound, knee strike, german suplex, kimura, clothesline, F5, flying knee,

Cena's groundbreaking moveset: Elbow strike, shoulder block/top rope leg drop/Alcoholics Anonymous/Moves of Doom.

Match structure: Cena gets beat on all match then makes a quick comeback to beat the odds and win.

No change after over half a decade.
    yeah but cena looked weak. he looked destroyed and out of it and lucked the victory using the chain as a weapon stunning bork laser for a couple of minutes and then aa'ing him into the steel steps. cena didn't go over.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayne.corr)
    yeah but cena looked weak. he looked destroyed and out of it and lucked the victory using the chain as a weapon stunning bork laser for a couple of minutes and then aa'ing him into the steel steps. cena didn't go over.
    He looked weak beating Brock Lesnar? Have you only recently started watching WWE? Cena has been using this match structure for many, many years, and it was what he used as he was pushed straight to the top and kept there.

Even when a heel cheats to win, it puts him/her over. But in this case, Cena won pretty much clean. Worse, it kills Lesnar's momentum. Tonight they're going to have Lesnar as a diva (not Diva) and the show's called 'Raw starring Brock Lesnar', but he didn't even beat Cena. Hopefully that's the basis for an angle, rather than bad writing.

Anyway, I'd love to know what the other WWE vets really think about Cena. Do they watch his matches and think he's great, or do they think "I like the guy I really do, and he works real hard outside the ring, but even when they put him with Shawn Michaels for a while and had them go an hour on TV, he's still doing the exact same match, he didn't learn a thing. Should he still be up there having the gala matches?"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He looked weak beating Brock Lesnar? Have you only recently started watching WWE? Cena has been using this match structure for many, many years, and it was what he used as he was pushed straight to the top and kept there.

Even when a heel cheats to win, it puts him/her over. But in this case, Cena won pretty much clean. Worse, it kills Lesnar's momentum. Tonight they're going to have Lesnar as a diva (not Diva) and the show's called 'Raw starring Brock Lesnar', but he didn't even beat Cena. Hopefully that's the basis for an angle, rather than bad writing.

Anyway, I'd love to know what the other WWE vets really think about Cena. Do they watch his matches and think he's great, or do they think "I like the guy I really do, and he works real hard outside the ring, but even when they put him with Shawn Michaels for a while and had them go an hour on TV, he's still doing the exact same match, he didn't learn a thing. Should he still be up there having the gala matches?"
    i've been watching since wrestlemania 27. he may have won clean but i don't think he does look strong. people aren't stupid. they saw the beating he got. they saw he won by a fluke. they saw his bloodied head. he didn't look like supercena. he looked like a chump who got lucky
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    x
    I think it was definitely different this time, as pretty much everyone though Lesnar would win. Usually when SuperCena wins, everyone knows he will before the match.

Whether you like the result or not, it was an incredible match
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    people aren't stupid. they saw the beating he got. they saw he won by a fluke. they saw his bloodied head. he didn't look like supercena. he looked like a chump who got lucky
    He's been doing that for about a decade, and he's been WWE's biggest (though forced) star for those years, being cheered by millions of kids and women. People aren't going to see it as literally as you see it, they see it as a typical John Cena win. Plus that's all that matters, he got the win, he bested his opponent. By the time we saw Rocky IV, we knew Rocky wasn't constantly getting his ass handed to him, that was just how he boxed.

Yes I just compared John Cena to Rocky Balboa.

Besides, people ARE stupid, and wrestling fans are meant to have short attention-spans. We cheer Kane even though he's a serial rapist.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    He's been doing that for about a decade, and he's been WWE's biggest (though forced) star for those years, being cheered by millions of kids and women. People aren't going to see it as literally as you see it, they see it as a typical John Cena win. Plus that's all that matters, he got the win, he bested his opponent. By the time we saw Rocky IV, we knew Rocky wasn't constantly getting his ass handed to him, that was just how he boxed.

Yes I just compared John Cena to Rocky Balboa.

Besides, people ARE stupid, and wrestling fans are meant to have short attention-spans. We cheer Kane even though he's a serial rapist.
    expand?

Yeah I saw extreme rules, I wouldn't say it was bad but it wasn't that great either. Cm Punk V Jericho stole the show yet again, they always put on a masterclass, by far the best showmen out there right now.

Cena v Brock was old wine in a new bottle, they gave Brock the UFC look which was slightly refreshing.. but once again we saw cena lose most the match and then win with one finisher. Then he wonders why he gets boo'ed :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Extreme Rules was more enjoyable that Mania for me. Chicago rose to the occasion again.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickjames)
    expand?
    Kane's always chasing women down backstage, trapping them in a dark room then breathing heavily up against them before the segment ends. It's his thing.

"Hey that was Kelly Kelly that just ran past screaming, is she alright? She looks in danger"

*Kane storms by*

"Yeah she's fine."

Didn't he rape Lita?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Such a garbage start to Raw. Make the audience think a massive change will happen (like a laurenditis firing, the guy sucks.. he's a patronising heel which deserves no credit).. and then nothing happens as per.
    • 35 followers

The buildup to announcing John Cena's next opponent......I was actually convinced it would either be a rematch with Brock in a cage or some big name return like Batista, heck I'd even have taken Lord Tensai. But Laurinitis v Cena? Seriously what is the world coming to? It's like David Arquette being WCW Champion all over again.

Also I think it's pathetic how they treat the Divas I mean hardly even 30 seconds a match?

One good thing came out of Raw; tage titles finally changed hands.

CM Punk v Daniel Bryan should be an interesting storyline.

I have a prediction that we will be seeing CM Punk as WWE Champion for quite some time yet.

Ratings for this Monday's Raw: 5/10.....could have been so much better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    7/10. I enjoyed the start and I enjoyed seeing trips looking genuinely dominated.

The wrestling in the middle I could take or leave, but I suppose after the night before most of the wrestlers needed a rest.

I'm curious about what they do with Jericho, Ziggler, and most of the other unused talent. There are only three main story lines going on right now. They're good stories but nothing else is happening.

I liked the end, at first I thought it was phooey but I can see Laurinitis forming a stable and I liked seeing Cena getting smashed up two nights in a row. Lauringitis, for the first time, looked like a genuinely menacing heel instead of the bumbling douchebag.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    also WTF. I thought Cena was leaving. Slightly pissed off at that because I genuinely got my hopes up a bit thinking things were going to change slightly
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    also WTF. I thought Cena was leaving. Slightly pissed off at that because I genuinely got my hopes up a bit thinking things were going to change slightly
    I'm glad he's not leaving. If he left, he'd just make a big return, then (yet again) get an instant title shot just because he made a return. In other words, he'll get a shot at being champion bbecause a guy injured him/he took a break. Weird.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm alone here but I'd much prefer to see Johnny Ace fight Cena than Tensai, who we was obviously led to believe would be his opponent.

Can't wait to see Johnny Ace do the RKO Ace Crusher on Cena.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait a minute... did Cena/Lesnar go on last??

(Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Maybe I'm alone here but I'd much prefer to see Johnny Ace fight Cena than Tensai, who we was obviously led to believe would be his opponent.

Can't wait to see Johnny Ace do the RKO Ace Crusher on Cena.
    His finisher should be the Laurinitiscanrana.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2014
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.