Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The WWE Society

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The storyline is rubbish. PG era aside, at least be ****ing consistent in story telling. HHH can't have a mass walk out after a couple of inteferences and Johnny can get away with this?!

Its so inconsistent, I feel pretty offended at the lack of creativity and thought in the storyline. I am as turned off by wrestling now to the same extent as I was eager to see the rock back.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickjames)
    The storyline is rubbish. PG era aside, at least be ****ing consistent in story telling. HHH can't have a mass walk out after a couple of inteferences and Johnny can get away with this?!

Its so inconsistent, I feel pretty offended at the lack of creativity and thought in the storyline. I am as turned off by wrestling now to the same extent as I was eager to see the rock back.
    I agree. Another example is the "rule" that CM Punk would lose his title because of "drinking alcohol". Seeing as Steve Austin got the beers out after every win, he must have had quite the loophole in his contract!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickjames)

In fairness those interferences were by two people who had been fired. It's also worth noting that when HHH was relieved of his duty on Raw because he was getting too involved since he was fighting people we were led to believe that Johnny had the ear of someone. Under normal circumstances HHH would've stayed in charge but Johnny was manipulating the situation. It was never confirmed but that is the assumption that I think we were supposed to make.

Nobody is manipulating things now and HHH obviously won't be there next week to reprimand Johnny. Perhaps this is a way of getting Vince back on TV. He may then also get beat up and destroyed by Johnny and his henchmen, be that Tensai or Lesnar. Johnny will run amok for a few months before eventually getting his comeuppance. There's also the possibility that the Cena-Johnny fight will be a "Loser Leaves" affair. They will probably have to add some stipulation to make/keep it interesting or else most fans won't be bothered.

Also, if Johnny is 1/10th as good as he used to be in the ring then he's going to make Cena look like a backyard wrestler.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Nobody is manipulating things now and HHH obviously won't be there next week to reprimand Johnny. Perhaps this is a way of getting Vince back on TV. He may then also get beat up and destroyed by Johnny and his henchmen, be that Tensai or Lesnar. Johnny will run amok for a few months before eventually getting his comeuppance. There's also the possibility that the Cena-Johnny fight will be a "Loser Leaves" affair. They will probably have to add some stipulation to make/keep it interesting or else most fans won't be bothered.
    Who says Johnny's going to get his comeuppance? WWE threw the book out the window by never having Michael Cole get his comeuppance.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)
    Who says Johnny's going to get his comeuppance? WWE threw the book out the window by never having Michael Cole get his comeuppance.
    Good point.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    In fairness those interferences were by two people who had been fired. It's also worth noting that when HHH was relieved of his duty on Raw because he was getting too involved since he was fighting people we were led to believe that Johnny had the ear of someone. Under normal circumstances HHH would've stayed in charge but Johnny was manipulating the situation. It was never confirmed but that is the assumption that I think we were supposed to make.

Also, if Johnny is 1/10th as good as he used to be in the ring then he's going to make Cena look like a backyard wrestler.

I see your point, but if there is a stringent board of directors like they boast every week then it doesn't have to be just HHH paying attention to Johnny. He has dozens of reasons to be fired in the last month and realistically there would have been something done about it. That is the inconsistency I'm talking about.

The last time people ran riot was NEXUS but that made sense since they were an invasion, and not part of WWE as such. This is just stupid though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Extreme Rules and boy Lesnar has gotten fat!

Oh and Booker T just does my head in. Every time someone does a half decent move he's like 'AAAAH MAN! He's gaaaat him. It's over'
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)

Oh and Booker T just does my head in. Every time someone does a half decent move he's like 'AAAAH MAN! He's gaaaat him. It's over'
    I might make a drinking game around the frequency of his line "what we're witnessing right here is an old school beat down"
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    Dare you to say that to his face.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you hear about Lesnar's freak-out after Extreme Rules?

Apparently Cena was supposed to be carried out on a stretcher all beat up, making Brock look like he won anyway. So when Lesnar saw Cena's speech he lost it and started screaming that they had had screwed him over, and throwing **** around the dressing room
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoldfish)

Apparently Cena was supposed to be carried out on a stretcher all beat up, making Brock look like he won anyway. So when Lesnar saw Cena's speech he lost it and started screaming that they had had screwed him over, and throwing **** around the dressing room
    Well, that ending would've made a lot more sense.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoldfish)

Yeah, I'm betting it's either exaggerated or another story fed by WWE themselves.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm getting pissed off that every time I make a constructive criticism of TNA or just mention something they did, which just so happened to put them in a bad light, there's ALWAYS a TNA fan who goes "yeh but wwe do it to".

Other than being incredibly weak, and irrelevant anyway, it doesn't help their claims to be 'the alternative'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roy064)
    More than likely.
    And it was. Well, part of it anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bryan vs Punk = epicness!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Every episode of RAW/SmackDown seems to go like this right now:

- John Laurinaitis for twenty minutes.
    - Random tag-team match.
    - John Laurinaitis and Eve acting heelish.
    - Cody Rhodes and The Big Show boring the place out.
    - Randy Orton taking half-hour to do a simple interview.
    - Random diva's match.
    - John Laurinaitis and Eve acting heelish again.
    - Brodus Clay or Ryback squash.
    - Dolph Ziggler jobs to someone vastly inferior.
    - A long, boring VT of something to with Brock Lesnar and/or John Cena that we've already seen.
    - A tag-team match involving four of: John Cena, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Kane, The Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio, Lord Tensai and The Great Khali.
    - A long, boring video of something we've already seen today.
    - A singles match between another two of the previous list.

Dull.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Introvert2020)
    A long, boring VT of something to with Brock Lesnar
    Did someone say VT of Brock Lesnar? I've been maknig YouTube videos again.

I can't deliver on 'long' or 'boring' though.

At the very least, the music's far better than whatever autotune wigger crap WWE are no doubt playing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed that in the early 90s, WCW had all at one time Jim Ross, Steve Austin, Paul Heyman, Mean Gene Okerlund, Sting, Hogan, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Regal, Arn Anderson, Cactus Jack, Legion of Doom, Steiners, Scott Hall, Bischoff (as long as he's on screen and not doing things off it), the list goes on.

To take that and make it suck so hard and die out takes something very, very special. Those involved in its downfall, Bischoff and Russo mainly, should never really have got another job in the industry again.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)
    Just noticed that in the early 90s, WCW had all at one time Jim Ross, Steve Austin, Paul Heyman, Mean Gene Okerlund, Sting, Hogan, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Regal, Arn Anderson, Cactus Jack, Legion of Doom, Steiners, Scott Hall, Bischoff (as long as he's on screen and not doing things off it), the list goes on.

To take that and make it suck so hard and die out takes something very, very special. Those involved in its downfall, Bischoff and Russo mainly, should never really have got another job in the industry again.
    As bad as the product was for the last couple of years of it's run, WCW was still scoring around a 2.5 Neilsen rating every week; which if you consider that Raw now averages around a 3 isn't too bad. I know the TV market has changed a lot in the decade but WCW still had a reasonable audience when it died.

The real reason for it's collapse is simply that much like World Wrestling Entertainment at times now they couldn't turn their audience share into commercial revenue. AOL didn't want to associate with wrestling once they merged with Time Warner and Turner (the company not the man himself, he'd have been happy to bankroll wrestling at a loss to this day being such a fan of it) went more upmarket and cut Nitro from it's timeslot so after that it was a dead asset.

Bischoff was a genius commercially and marketing-wise when it came to putting on an edgier and more realistic product than the cartoon world of the WWF at the time, however badly he's messed up since he deserves a hell of a lot of credit for that. Unfortunately his obsession with ratings sacrificed their PPV revenue and led to everybody being overpaid for everything to keep them happy. It was a good payday for a lot of people and they milked it dry until the company started to hemmorhage money at a frightening rate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any idea who Randy Orton will be facing at Over the Limit, he's plastered over the promotion but hasn't been given match yet, or are we going for yet another Kane match.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 24, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.