Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The WWE Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacredPhoenix)
    Anybody got any idea who Randy Orton will be facing at Over the Limit, he's plastered over the promotion but hasn't been given match yet, or are we going for yet another Kane match.
    He's in the Fatal 4 way World Heavyweight match with Sheamus, ADR and Jericho
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreakyStyley)
    He's in the Fatal 4 way World Heavyweight match with Sheamus, ADR and Jericho
    Was there a draft or is a wrestler moving show just another one of those things we're supposed to ignore?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)
    Was there a draft or is a wrestler moving show just another one of those things we're supposed to ignore?
    Last night Jericho pinned Seamus in the tag match so he thought he deserves to be WWE Champion. A brawl took place in Johnny's office and he made it a fatal four way.

Rosters just dont matter anymore!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are rumours floating around that the 'draft' will be on the June 11th 3 hour Raw, but the WWE website has updated the superstars sections so that they're all in the one bit, rather than being segregated to Smackdown or Raw. In short, yeah I guess so.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    WWE storylines are do bad. heres an idea, just rehire everyone involved in the creative team of the attitude era
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Legs were better in the attitude era.

Stephanie McMahon and Tori. In the same segment/match.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only just got round to watching Raw. I hoped that Heyman would make an appearance when Brock first came back, so I was pleased to see him on what was yet another forgettable Raw.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How are WWE ratings in the present era when compared to attitude era?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Only just got round to watching Raw. I hoped that Heyman would make an appearance when Brock first came back, so I was pleased to see him on what was yet another forgettable Raw.
    I read he's not around for long. Just filling in for Brock on occassional RAWs in order to save the limited dates Brock has in the contract for bigger things. I think Heyman is only with us up until Summerslam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the new vid on wwe.com about a so-called 'revolution'. Looks good, any views about what it could be?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazz1)
    Anyone seen the new vid on wwe.com about a so-called 'revolution'. Looks good, any views about what it could be?
    Saw this, I think it will have something to do with Dean Ambrose (I think thats his name)? Possible a few others too. I think it could be a faction for soon-to-debut wrestlers from what I've read.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it is, a faction or whatever, I'll just ignore it and watch this a few times instead:

Just imagine, in an alternate dimension WWE slow build their storylines and go all the way. Nexus, Punk's pipe bombs, Rock and Cena wanting to tear each other apart in the buildup to WrestleMania. What a great ****in' promotion they're watching on planet Urth.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    So i havn't watched WWE since Extreme Rules. Is Brock Lesnar staying in the WWE or not???
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuaib786)
    So i havn't watched WWE since Extreme Rules. Is Brock Lesnar staying in the WWE or not???
    yes but in storyline no
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    big show to interfere in the johnny vs cena match on sunday, hep johnny win, gets his job back after being 'fired'.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me about what would happen if something goes wrong in the Royal Rumble?

Everyone in the event is briefed on who will win the rumble, but what if that person is accidentally eliminated?

Is there a contingency plan?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Can someone explain to me about what would happen if something goes wrong in the Royal Rumble?

Everyone in the event is briefed on who will win the rumble, but what if that person is accidentally eliminated?

Is there a contingency plan?
    This HAS already happened, probably more than once, but the most famous (and confirmed) botch was the biggy - the last two in the ring. It involved Batista and Cena:

Cena had punched Batista in the ear, and I think burst his eardrum, so Batista was off-balance. He was supposed to deliver a Batista Bomb (or Cena was supposed to get out of it) but he ended up falling backwards and both went over the rope, luckily at around the same time.

The rest was completely on the fly, and Vince McMahon really was that pissed off. To add to the absolute chaos, Vince tore something in his leg when he was getting in the ring, which is why he just sits there.

As for how the Rumble works, I don't know if anyone's explained it, Lance Storm says you have to keep some secrets. I figure a lot of it is just winging it and they're just given bulletpoints.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    This HAS already happened, probably more than once, but the most famous (and confirmed) botch was the biggy - the last two in the ring. It involved Batista and Cena:

Cena had punched Batista in the ear, and I think burst his eardrum, so Batista was off-balance. He was supposed to deliver a Batista Bomb (or Cena was supposed to get out of it) but he ended up falling backwards and both went over the rope, luckily at around the same time.

The rest was completely on the fly, and Vince McMahon really was that pissed off. To add to the absolute chaos, Vince tore something in his leg when he was getting in the ring, which is why he just sits there.

As for how the Rumble works, I don't know if anyone's explained it, Lance Storm says you have to keep some secrets. I figure a lot of it is just winging it and they're just given bulletpoints.
    Good example, I had forgot about that. Although Vince coming to ring angry was obviously staged. Lol at his quads though.

I always noticed in classic rumbles that the ring would empty just before a major event happened, such as Ric Flair being the only guy left in before piper's number came out in 1992 (they had big feud at the time).

Also, before Giant Gonzalez made his weird appearance at RR93, the whole ring emptied apart from Undertaker who was the only guy in at that time.

Also, RR94 Diesel was in the ring on his own for about 10 minutes eliminating people one by one lol.

Also RR95 the finale where Michaels went over the rope and held on by the skin of his teeth to then rejoin and knock out Bulldog to win. What happnened if he had lost his grip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_O3a...eature=related (watch from 40.20)

Shawn Michaels = Legend!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Although Vince coming to ring angry was obviously staged.
    Apparently not, it scared the **** out of Batista. Imagine a boss seeing his two big young pushes botching the biggest moment of their careers in the main event of the second-biggest PPV of the year. Now consider that that boss is Vince McMahon.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tbf if you didn't know it was a botch, it was all played out very nicely. You would have basically imagined it was another Rock/Big Show where their feet touched at the same and sparked a controversy (assuming that was intended...)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 20, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.