The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheetahs56
Is it? You legend! :biggrin:

I wish. But he and I share the same thought.
So the Raw rating last week was 2.5, the lowest in 15 years. The big man himself Vincent K. McMahon's is here to shake things up tonight, so it should be a good'un.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I wish. But he and I share the same thought.

Ah right, it's the same thing though right? :tongue:
Wow, just heard about CM Punk hitting a fan, then saw the video - he didn't even hit the person who was pushing him. The guy was completely innocent. Very disappointed in Punk. He's clean, straight-edge, and he's STILL possibly ****ing it all up with his attitude and constant scandals. That just gives more attention to Cena as the golden guy and Punk can be dropped and forgotten if he isn't careful. WWE don't need Punk, Punk needs WWE if he wants to keep that million dollar house and RV of his.

Just seen picture of The Rock during his role in a new movie called Pain and Gain. It's a bodybuilder role so he bulked up. Now he's doing a real good impression of Batista. It's funny how much WWE cooed over Batista's size and image, when they kinda had someone like that all along.

Plus he's gained Lesnar's neck/shoulder combination. Like cankles but scarier.

Ok, maybe not quite, considering all Lesnar pre-MMA pictures look like bad photoshops because his 'sheck' is so monstrous. Still, Batista eh?

Unsurprisingly, everyone's started saying steroids.
(edited 11 years ago)
Just a thought, how much say does the WWE have over how a wrestler looks? For example, if Ziggler wanted to shave all his hair off tomorrow, would he have to run it by someone in the WWE first? And what about their ring attire, is that decided for them? Odd questions I know, but I'm fascinated by the backstage stuff.
Original post by Scott129
Just a thought, how much say does the WWE have over how a wrestler looks? For example, if Ziggler wanted to shave all his hair off tomorrow, would he have to run it by someone in the WWE first? And what about their ring attire, is that decided for them? Odd questions I know, but I'm fascinated by the backstage stuff.

I would have thought he'd end up in hair vs. hair match or something similar, especially since the floppy blonde hair is quite a big part of Ziggler's character. It's probably one of the first things that would pop into someone's head if you mentioned Ziggler to them.

I imagine WWE has say in their attire but as you become a bigger name they probably allow the wrestlers to have more, or all, the say. Punk changed his attire the week Randy Savage died in order to honour Savage. I'd have thought that was probably all Punk's doing but he is a big enough name to get away with doing certain things, though one of those things isn't hitting fans.

You should ask Lance Storm, he loves that question.

The answer, as with everything, is it depends on the wrestler. Triple H and Undertaker can do whatever the hell they want, but Divas and Jinder Mahal can do nothing more than make good suggestions at the right time and place then likely be ignored anyway. It's probably polite to tell them either way if you're making a major change, like a tattoo or cutting off your trademark hair.

Attire, I guess they have people for that since it's not expected that every wrestler can make clothes. That'll be the props department. Maria made her own attire, hoods and stuff. I doubt Punk made the Savage attire all by himself, so he would've asked the props department to make it, I'm sure Vince would've got wind of it if Punk was so stupid that he didn't ask him first, since Savage's such a touchy situation. I suppose it's possible though, seems like Punk's lost his self-control and modesty since getting his major pushes and become a major dick. I get the impression he's trying to upset every person on the roster one-by-one.

If Ziggler suddenly shaved all his hair off, I imagine he'd get taken to a closet and beaten the crap out of by order of Vince McMahon, then thrown off a bridge. That glistening white hair is his look, a baldy wouldn't fit. If John Cena did it, it might not even get mentioned. Plus if you're a heel you'd probably get less hassle, since guys like to shave their hair when they're heel, even if it is kinda lame and overdone.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TrulyEpicLawls

Just seen picture of The Rock during his role in a new movie called Pain and Gain. It's a bodybuilder role so he bulked up. Now he's doing a real good impression of Batista. It's funny how much WWE cooed over Batista's size and image, when they kinda had someone like that all along.

Plus he's gained Lesnar's neck/shoulder combination. Like cankles but scarier.

Ok, maybe not quite, considering all Lesnar pre-MMA pictures look like bad photoshops because his 'sheck' is so monstrous. Still, Batista eh?

Unsurprisingly, everyone's started saying steroids.

Quite a nostalgic look back on Rock in that picture. If I could choose a physique to have, it would be of Rock 2002, just perfect. Rock trains insanely, just check out his Twitter pictures but yeah, his shoulders do look extremely big but I think that's due to the character specification he has in that film.

I know that one reason he needs to ask permission first is due to action figures. If Ziggler turned bald, everyone may stop buying the products where his action figure is featured. But I think in general, you have to ask permission.
Let's not forget that Ziggler did have brown hair for a couple of weeks a number of months ago. They made quite a big deal about it and then, suddenly, he was back to the blonde hair. It is quite a big part of who he is and I wouldn't want to see it change, or at least not without a big change from the 'Show Off' persona.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Let's not forget that Ziggler did have brown hair for a couple of weeks a number of months ago. They made quite a big deal about it and then, suddenly, he was back to the blonde hair. It is quite a big part of who he is and I wouldn't want to see it change, or at least not without a big change from the 'Show Off' persona.

If I heard correctly, I think he got gum stuck in his hair. He just looked like an angry Evan Bourne after his trim though.

I understand this fight broke kayfabe. Can someone explain the back story to it?
At Hell in a Cell, Punk will probably face Cena and then if he wins he will face Ryback at Survivor Series. However Sheamus and Big Show are not having a Hell in the Cellmatch-so what is the point of naming the PPV behind the gimmick. The PPV is only centralised around the one match which is the WWE Title match.

Also, on a positive note; the tag team division is doing great; a fantastic boost and growth in talent. My personal favourites are the Uso's but want to see Rhodes Scholars (obviously will) face Team Hell No. By the way, can I add that Kane and DB are both insanely hilarious together!! :biggrin: LEGANDS

On the negative side, the divas division state is getting worse every second. Rumours are flying in that Beth Pheonix is maybe retiring at the end of the month. My reaction to that is 'RIP Divas Division'

Looking forward to HITC anyway :smile: hopefully better than last year's

This. Is. Amazing.
^That's an electric interview segment. You could tell SCSA was fired up and I'd say he edged past Punk there. Won't be happening at this upcoming WM but I see it already: WWE WrestleMania 30 - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk.
We've had The Undertaker, The Sandman, all those special WrestleMania entrances, but surely THIS is the greatest entrance of all time.

If not, it absolutely is the greatest celebration of all time starting 1:56.

"Give ME a little head!"

"Clearly the Head had some comped seats for family and friends."

Original post by Kenan and Kel

This. Is. Amazing.

lol at Stone Cold utterly failing at trying to keep a straight face for half a minute after J.R.'s video game comment. Kinda weird seeing him with a dyed goattee. A bit TOO black...

Shame that Yukes/THQ are so lazy. Can't even be bothered to give their game next gen graphics, rather it look like a cartoon on the PS2.
(edited 11 years ago)
Who actually cares about the angle between Eve and Teddy Long, and why is Ryback the no.1 contender when he's just been facing jobbers and barely had a mid-card match let alone main event. His match with The Miz was f****n horrible and stale. The Hell in a Cell used to be a match where big rivarlies between legands would end and culminate NOT the beginning of a rivalry between the no.1 heel in the business and a newbie with empirical experience.

However, on a positive note, I am impressed with the dramatic turn around with the tag team division. Rhodes Scolars are a brilliant tag team, I must admit. Team Hell No ate just too funny, infact their hilarious! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Goatface and the Big Red Freak

It would of been better if Cena or Foley was facing Punk for the title, plus they do need to scrap these gimmicky PPVs as everything is becoming too predictable on the basis of what the calendar reads.

By Survivor Series, I would like to see:

CM Punk taking on a new face other than Ryback
The world title off Sheamus or even do a good fued between Sheamus and Barret (not boring ADR or BigShow)
IC getting it's deserved prestige back by not defending it on Internet shows and allowing 4-5 star PPV matches
Push Zack Ryder, Tyson Kidd and Ted DiBease
Get a appearance from the Game because I want to see his haircut
Make Raw Main events be more exciting (I.e. instead of CM Punk vs Lawler/McMahon-do Punk vs young fresher talent rather than old legands past their prime

And last but not least, more WRESTLING please!!! :smile:
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
why is Ryback the no.1 contender when he's just been facing jobbers and barely had a mid-card match let alone main event.

Yeah, I don't get it either. It's quite annoying seeing someone waltz straight into a title shot after a couple of months of doing nothing. He's well and truly got the crowd on side though and Michael Cole's excitement does a brilliant job of getting him over.

Original post by J.Nalbandian14
However, on a positive note, I am impressed with the dramatic turn around with the tag team division. Rhodes Scolars are a brilliant tag team, I must admit. Team Hell No ate just too funny, infact their hilarious! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Goatface and the Big Red Freak

Kane and Bryan are probably the best thing to happen to WWE in the last year. Hats off to whoever came up with the idea for the team and story line.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Yeah, I don't get it either. It's quite annoying seeing someone waltz straight into a title shot after a couple of months of doing nothing. He's well and truly got the crowd on side though and Michael Cole's excitement does a brilliant job of getting him over.

Kane and Bryan are probably the best thing to happen to WWE in the last year. Hats off to whoever came up with the idea for the team and story line.

Couldn't agree more! :smile:
Original post by ozzyoscy
We've had The Undertaker, The Sandman, all those special WrestleMania entrances, but surely THIS is the greatest entrance of all time.

If not, it absolutely is the greatest celebration of all time starting 1:56.

"Give ME a little head!"

"Clearly the Head had some comped seats for family and friends."

lol at Stone Cold utterly failing at trying to keep a straight face for half a minute after J.R.'s video game comment. Kinda weird seeing him with a dyed goattee. A bit TOO black...

Shame that Yukes/THQ are so lazy. Can't even be bothered to give their game next gen graphics, rather it look like a cartoon on the PS2.

That's a great video. It amazes me that so many people actually had a head, must've been selling the for dirt cheap before the show or something.

What does everybody want?! HEAD!

The staring at around 5 minutes and towards the end between Austin at Punk is hilarious, along with JR's facial expressions. I really wish EA Sports would take over, I'm sure they'd do a great job.

Latest