The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

he used to be. *shudders*
Reply 921
Jonathan Coachman is the new commentator on Smackdown :frown:.

SD always gets crapped on had Taz with:

'Well here comes the pain' - Every time on Lesnars entrance

'Wine me dine me 619 me'

and Cole:

'Not this way not this way son of a bitch!'

Then JBL came and provided some LOLAGE

On Vito "Something IS wrong... He's in a FREAKING DRESS!"

To Rey on Smackdown: “Is it because the Guerrero family has deemed you to be nothing but a piece of crap the reason that you aren’t yourself?”
Reply 922
'appy new year folk
Happy New Year people!

Just thought I'd make a bold prediction for the Rumble, No Way Out and Wrestlemania, based on what I've read on the net.

Firstly, to set up Edge/Taker, Taker wins the Rumble for the second straight time (I hope not, but it's a guess). Who else can possibly win? Any suggestions?

Secondly, considering HHH ain't in the Rumble, he wins the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out to become No. 1 contender for Orton's title.
Thus setting up the great Orton/HHH match we've all wanted to see for ages...wait a moment...we saw it twice at No Mercy. I really hope WWE changes its Mania plans on the Raw side. This would be sooo boring.
I heard talk of Batista winning the Rumble (no problem with that) and coming to Raw to face HHH, who would have won at Armaggedon and again at the Rumble. Obviously those plans have changed but I would suggest keep Batista as the winner and have him face Orton at Mania. Or even an Evolution triple threat. Anything but HHH/Orton.

There ain't many possibilites this year for the Rumble, considering it basically has to be a face who wins. That leaves, apart from those mentioned above, HBK/Finlay/Jericho/Kane/Matt Hardy...not a great selection to say the least. I mean HBK would equal Austin's record so I doubt that plus what would be the plan? Finlay, nope. Hardy, nope. Kane, nope. Jericho's in a feud with JBL so nope.
HBK nearly won last year. But i dont see him becoming champ any time soon - his schedule is too light and he is just there to basically put over the younger guys these days.

i was thinking that myself earlier, what a crappy choice of winner.
Yea I know.

The only scenario I really like for Mania is Edge/Taker HHH/Batista
In my opinion those are the two best matches WWE can possibly come up with for the Citrus Bowl.
:ditto:
im fine with Edge/Taker (although goodbye Edge's WM streak :frown: ) but HHH/Batista will bore me to tears. but i cant see anything else happening :rolleyes:
Reply 928
who won beat the clock?
Considering everyone had the opportunity to see it last night (i.e. this ain't a spoiler) Rey Mysterio won after beating Edge (yes, Edge). He'll face him at the Rumble, which leaves Batista and Taker to be in the Rumble match itself.
Also, it was announced that JBL/Y2J will take place at the Rumble, a stupid move imo, they should have kept this for Mania...would it have been so hard to have them both in the Rumble match, one eliminates the other etc. I mean they did that fine with HBK/Angle.
Also, it was announced that Flair will face MVP (presumably) at the Rumble in another 'win or retire' scenario.
Reply 930
I didn't think they would put Rey back in to the title picture, so that was a bit of a surprise. At least I'm confident he won't win so it's all good.

Taker and Edge for WM is the most likely so far, and I'm glad.

I'm not too sure about JBL/Y2J at WM, could they keep the momentum for so long? Saying that, the Royal Rumble match is always great to continue/create feuds.
Reply 931
they should of done rey vs kane and re-start the kane feud with edge before he got injured.
Reply 932
they should of done rey vs kane and re-start the kane feud with edge before he got injured.
I thought it was either going to be Mysterio or Kane facing Edge at the Rumble (it was sorta obvious Vickie and Edge would ensure that Batista and Taker would not be successful in their matches). Without doubt, the better match is Mysterio/Edge, though no matter what Edge will retain so it doesn't really matter who he faces. Although Cena won the title back from Edge in 2006 (what a travesty that was) the title matches at the Rumble are like house show main events, you know the title won't change hands. Interestingly, the only other man to win (i.e. go on without a title and emerge with one) a world title at a Rumble in the last decade was The Rock, in that immortal I Quit Match of 1999.
Reply 934
I want Rikishi to return and make a tag team with his bro Umaga. :frown:
Reply 935
Anyone know where to download some good Shoots?

Dunno why, have the need to see a good one lol
Reply 936
Paul Heyman on Mcmahon obviously is a worked shoot but still brilliant.

Or search New Jack on youtube such a p***
Reply 937
:bang: at Jeff Hardy last night.

Must have rewound that bit 6-7 times.

Good Raw....
Reply 938
It's looking less likely jeff hardy will win, it's so one sided...jeff hardy winning all his matches against all odds etc, its like they're building up so that he'll lose, then he'll win it at the next PPV after RR.
Reply 939
Off course he's gonna lose at the RR.

That's the WWE formula: win all your matches, make the champ look weak, lose in the title match at the PPV.

It happened all the time with Cena, same when it was HBK vs. Orton even Y2J vs. Orton

Latest