The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Find what out?
I seriously doubt Sid will return, I read some rumours but nothing definitive. Honestly I don't think anyone would care, I know I wouldn't. He's old washed up and pretty much an idiot (you should see him on the WWF's Funniest Moments video--he's doing a live promo, screws it up and asks JR can he do it again. JR, looking astonished, says 'This is live, Pal.'And we thought Kennedy was a tool).

WWE have enough big names right now to do great things, they just need to get some good storylines, matches set up for Mania, not including HHH/Orton.

Kurt Angle was not overrated imo, he was a great wrestler and had great promo skills, I remember when he and Benoit were a tag team, some hilarious skits between the two. Him and Eddie (descansa en paz, amigo. Viva La Raza!) had a great rivalry too. I was disappointed when he went to TNA, mainly because I thought he should have taken a good while off to rest and get his body healed. I don't watch TNA, though I've seen some of the clips. I personally think he's wasted there, as is everyone else. (except maybe Jay Reso, WWE could have and still could do great things with him).
Talk about the historical WWF. I watced tons of those matches back then when I was 10. Gotta love stonecoldsteveaustin, and Dwayne Johnson.

Kurt Angle not overrated, sure. But he was evil :-)

And how on earth can the little ray mysterio beat Umaga? Superhuman strength?
Source: WrestlingObserver.com

We reported earlier that The Wrestling Observer Newsletter had noted a big name of WWE's past - a multi-champion superstar was set to return with the company.

The January 14 edition of the Newsletter confirms that former multi-time WWE Champion Paul Wight - The Big Show - has either signed with the company or has agreed to a deal, and will be starting full-time very soon.

Big Show is down to 440 lbs after leaving pro wrestling to rest, and pursue a possible career in boxing, which obviously included boxing training that got him in quite a good shape. Dave Meltzer also mentions in the Observer that a part of his boxing deal was that Hulk Hogan was to be his "front man" acting like a manager in wrestling for him by doing promos and appearances. This was also the main reason many boxing promoters were actually interested in Big Show and paying him so much money to learn the sport. These plans, however, fell apart at some point, and Show realized that at his age, boxing might not be the right direction to go anyway. There have also been no recent updates or even talks of Hogan doing his own wrestling tour - a very discussed topic of the past. Hence with nothing on the horizon, Big Show is back with WWE.

hmm...
Reply 1004
The big show is supposed to be in super condition too.
Sounds pretty interesting, and he would be a decent surprise entrant for the Rumble of course, number 30 would be the obvious choice.
If he's lost weight, brilliant and I hope he can come back strong and confident. In saying that, Dave Meltzer (Wrestling Oberserver editor) has got things wrong in the past so it may not be true, though I think and hope that it is. Big Show can add something to the product, though I really hope they do the right thing and put him on Smackdown, everyone returning lately has been on Raw (Michaels, HHH, Jericho). He could easily fit into the main event heel bracket, evening things up (Batista, Taker=main faces, Edge, Show=main heels).
Reply 1006
Yeah, or tag with Kane :dontknow:

Anyone watching smackdown hoping that Chavo would help out rey when he was getting beat up? :redface:
Reply 1007
I personally would welcome back the Big Show. I think it's obvious that RKO and Edge will be champions going in to WM so I think he could be a good fill in main event in between.

I don't wanna see him tag, hopefully he'll be in a good feud, maybe even with y2j, depends on how long they play with this jbl-y2j think, which imo has not got enough tv time.
Reply 1008
Saw John Cena: My Life last night. Pretty decent watch.

I was going through my wrestling break when he was doing his hip hop thing, but my god it was hilarious. I've always hated his superman gimmick, but always respected his work ethic. My respect for him has gon a lil bit higher. He has worked his ass off. You never hear about politics or anything with.

I really do hope he comes back with something fresh....
yeah i agree. i am so anti-super-cena but i respect him and how hard working he is.

i think he needs a heel turn or something.
I want him heel as well now probably something other than the rapper gimmick though.
Reply 1011
I just want t3h big slow to return.
t3h b!g sChMo > dEh biG SlOw
Reply 1013
:hmmm:

kei en tai ftw
zomgz! o noz uz did nt!1wun!

c@d3 n mUrDoK r mA FaVe t3@m Evasss$$!11one!
Reply 1015
you just pwnt.

jimmy wang yang ftmfw though.
i iz d3h AweSumz @ pwNin.

khali khali for champey champeyz!
D'von get the tables!!!

Is where its at
Reply 1018
Finallllllllllllllllllly..........
D3H RoCk Has CuM bK 2....

...oh wait we're typing normally now?

Latest