The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Klinsmannic
Yeah what the hell was Bam Bam all about? He had a rubbish character, disgusting clothes, repetitive moves, and still he was allowed to wrestle for years at WWF and WCW.

The best no mark Wrestler was probably Papa Shango or the Repo-man (closely followed by Razor Ramone and Yokozuna) :rolleyes:. Does anyone remember Maximillian Moon, around 1993-ish?

Repo Man was alright. Same guy who did Smash from Demolition. Quite scary to see Crush pick him at ease in Summerslam. Razor was cool! I still remember Yokozuna's funeral on TV though I haven't got it on tape, probably can't.

Maxi Moon was a stupid character though. His finishing move was good though. Think he's the same character as one of the former partners, Kato, of the Orient Express, once managed by Mr Fuji.
Reply 161
Hahaha I really enjoyed watching Eric Bischoffs haircut by Eugene a few years ago......... And Jonathon Coachman wearing that dress.
You know, I quite liked Papa Shango. The looks of the kids' faces when they saw him! :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Repo Man was alright. Same guy who did Smash from Demolition. Quite scary to see Crush pick him at ease in Summerslam. Razor was cool! I still remember Yokozuna's funeral on TV though I haven't got it on tape, probably can't.

Maxi Moon was a stupid character though. His finishing move was good though. Think he's the same character as one of the former partners, Kato, of the Orient Express, once managed by Mr Fuji.

You have a very good memory lol...

I just remember max moon's floating entrance. yeah Razor was cool, but when he went to WCW and everyone realised he was just plain American Scott Hall, you kind of felt conned (and a bit silly). Papa Shango was scary, all that black magic and smoke.

Giant Gonzalez was pretty odd
Klinsmannic

Or as I prefer to think of him, 'Great Khali 10 years ago'.

As for the poster who wanted DX to recruit more members, I'm 90% sure it's not going to happen: it's a short-term project designed to sell t-shirts and keep viewing figures high. Who would they have? X-pac isn't realistic, New Age Outlaws are in TNA, so I can't see it happening. All the exciting new talent (e.g. CM Punk) is being pushed into ECW, so I don't see who the new members might be. RVD would have made a brilliant DX member about 3 years ago, but he's too big to play second fiddle to HHH and HBK now. I'd pick Test as a member, as legend has it he was supposed to be in the original DX 10 years ago. He would make a good 'bodyguard' type member, but he's busying himself in ECW so I very much doubt it.

On the subject of a Hardy Boyz reunion, Jeff is notably unreliable, and I don't think Vince will risk it, even though Matt has got nothing on at the moment.

BY the way, does anyone else despise the way that the WWE has absolutely ruined ECW?
Klinsmannic

HHH was crap, I mean he used to hang out with Gangrel and stuff- I don't remember how he beame so physically strong overnight :rolleyes: then suddenly becoming a WWF megastar. Carlito is a joke, seriously. Orton is ok. Benoit hasn't really shown much of the charisma you describe. Yes, RVD+Cena are jokes. Ironically, Eddie Guerrero was one of the few good in the ring and on the mic- RIP.

When was HHH crap? He was a solid main eventer, he was there headlining before, and while people were chanting "die rocky die" during his early rocky maivia phase, and still is years after he left. When did he ever hang around with Gangrel? If he did, he certainly didn't do it on screen. Off screen, HHH hung around with Nash, Hall, Michaels and a few others. How is Carlito a joke? He was supposed to be a heel but the fans took him to their heart, even though the WWE wanted Chris Masters to be the good guy and him to be the bad guy. On screen, I think Orton needs a big new storyline (I hear a feud with HHH is in the pipeline!) but off-screen he's well known for being pompous and unpleasant. I agree Cena is a joke, he got too big, too quickly, largely due to a gaping absence of talent on Smackdown when he was there, but RVD is certainly not a joke, he's very well respected throughout the wrestling business. I remember way back when WWE did some cross promotion with ECW in about 1997 and RVD had a few matches on Raw with Jerry Lawler as his 'mentor', I'd hoped he'd stay then, because I saw he was a precious talent, but I'm glad he became champion, he worked hard and deserved it. As for jokes, Rey Mysterio is a joke champion (I mean WAS, woo hoo!), I don't care how many times Michael Cole says "he's got the heart of a champion", it doesn't convince me, he's got the body of a cruiserweight.
Reply 166
There's no chance of Billy Gunn (and probably Road Dogg too, I think) becoming part of DX even if they weren't in TNA, because he said in a shoot interview that he absolutely hates Triple H and would like to kick his face in.

Anyway, I quite like DX the way it is now and I think it's working well. I wouldn't be opposed to a new member, but he (or even she) would have to fit in and actually improve the group in some way; it would be a waste of time elsewise.
GunsNRoses
Has anybody actually watched the new ECW yet? I've heard many bad things about it. Obviously I'm not expecting the old ECW, but I would hope for something worthwhile. It seems all they've done is brought back a few old faces and just taken over the show with current WWE wrestlers (Foley/Edge/Cena/RVD/Lita/Angle/Big Show etc etc.) It seems such a shame to just use it as an excuse to expand the WWE brand when in reality it should be something unique that the WWE cannot match.

I stopped watching ECW after the first 2 weeks, the first show absolutely stank, and I mean stank worse than a televised wrestling show ever has before. The old ECW wrestlers like Sandman and Sabu clearly hate it there. Sabu and Sandman are 'brought out' during the show like freaks, instead of given quality wrestling opponents. ECW would only work in small arenas of 3000-7000 people, not in the purpose built stadia they use now. What's all this "extreme rules" nonsense? In ECW, EVERY match is extreme rules, no DQ's in ANY match! One of the major attractions of ECW was its unpredictability and weapons (namely weapons WWE wouldn't use like cheese graters, barb wire and flaming tables), but the current ECW has NONE of this. The old ECW didn't have matting on the ringside area either. I thought Heyman and Dreamer would have almost full creative control, but the show has had WWE bookers and storywriters all over it ever since day 1, it stank. The first ECW one night stand was a brilliant tribute to ECW, with almost all the old stars, including Dudley Boyz, Rhyno, Mikey Whipwreck, Mike Awesome, etc who wouldn't touch ECW now with a bargepole and they should have left it there.
Reply 168
Well you should watch ECW next week as it is being taped from the heart of ECW, the Hammerstein ballroom. Now we will finally see what the real ECW fans think of the new ECW, I can only imagine the kind of 'colourfull' chants we might hear. Vince and Paul must try and put on the show of their lives to avoid a fan riot and God knows how the fans are gonna react to the Bigshow as champ. However it could still be a good show with the return of Kurt Angle and the debut of my fave wrestler C.M Punk

BTW did anyone manage to watch the cursed Great American Bash last week (cursed due to amount of injuries). I personally was disappointed by it. Finlay vs Regal had the potential to be a classic match but I found it pretty boring. The only plus points of the show were Mr Kennedy's win over Batista and the ascension of King Booker to immortality :biggrin: .

:adore: :adore:All Hail King Booker :adore: :adore:

O yeah and congrats to Steph and Trips on their new baby girl, the future WWE Womens Champion

Just found this

Source PWinsider.

It has been reported that Chris Benoit will be returning to the ring next week after a three month absence. Chris Benoit will be the mystery opponent that Angle will face. Seeing as the ECW crowd admires action both superstars will be considered face.

So there you go a great reason to watch ECW next week if the match is given enough time
LuckyMan
Well you should watch ECW next week as it is being taped from the heart of ECW, the Hammerstein ballroom. Now we will finally see what the real ECW fans think of the new ECW, I can only imagine the kind of 'colourfull' chants we might hear. Vince and Paul must try and put on the show of their lives to avoid a fan riot and God knows how the fans are gonna react to the Bigshow as champ. However it could still be a good show with the return of Kurt Angle and the debut of my fave wrestler C.M Punk

BTW did anyone manage to watch the cursed Great American Bash last week (cursed due to amount of injuries). I personally was disappointed by it. Finlay vs Regal had the potential to be a classic match but I found it pretty boring. The only plus points of the show were Mr Kennedy's win over Batista and the ascension of King Booker to immortality :biggrin: .

:adore: :adore:All Hail King Booker :adore: :adore:

O yeah and congrats to Steph and Trips on their new baby girl, the future WWE Womens Champion

Just found this

Source PWinsider.

It has been reported that Chris Benoit will be returning to the ring next week after a three month absence. Chris Benoit will be the mystery opponent that Angle will face. Seeing as the ECW crowd admires action both superstars will be considered face.

So there you go a great reason to watch ECW next week if the match is given enough time

Thanks for that, I might watch ECW after all then! Benoit vs Angle will be great, as will CM Punk's debut (but I doubt he will get over with ECW fans).

As for the Great American Bash, any Smackdown PPV is ALWAYS awful. Replacing Khali with Big Show was pointless, I think the way the match ended was an accident (when Taker broke through the cage). Why make a pointless match between Helms and Matt Hardy when it would have been better to have Helms vs Super Crazy (which was the original plan) and add Matt Hardy to the Finlay vs Regal match so it's a triple threat and the fans have someone to cheer! I had predicted Chavo would screw Rey Mysterio weeks ago, it was so obvious. Oh, and worst of all, Smackdown ABSOLUTELY ruined their own PPV main event 2 nights before the Bash by making a Mysterio vs Booker match as the main event of Smackdown! It's also known that the Great American Bash did not sell out, which for a WWE PPV is a total disaster, I hope the WWE executives start asking some very serious questions about what's going on.

Having said all that, I thought the first match, London & Kendrick vs Pitbulls was surprisingly good, they all gave it 100%, and I did think the Finlay vs Regal match was decent.
Klinsmannic
You have a very good memory lol...

I have loads of video tapes. :p:

Klinsmannic

He was.
Reply 171
Bring back Evolution!!!!!!!
coolworld37
Bring back Evolution!!!!!!!

It really isn't going to happen, sorry
Reply 173
Greyhound02
It really isn't going to happen, sorry

Thankfully.
kirstinx
Thankfully.

Why? I thought they were good: it made Randy Orton and Batista the main eventers they are today, it recognised Ric Flair as a legend, and cemented HHH's place as the number 1 man on Raw.
Reply 175
O dear I just found out the main event of ECW next week at the Hammerstien Ballroom...... ( source - the WWE home page )

Batista vs Big Show for the title

Expect a riot from the fans ( Vince is an idiot :confused: )
Reply 176
You have to watch this video. It's absolutely hilarious. Its Hulk Hogan and Vince Mcmahon taking a lie detector test..

http://www.bolt.com/-bAtZ-/video/1763441

I think its about 15 minutes
Reply 177
Lol that is the stupidest thing Ive seen for a while :biggrin:
Vince is a funny man :biggrin:
Reply 179
Haven't watched wrestling for the past few years, but I've recently been checking out some oldies on YouTube - stuff like Undertaker, Bret Hart, the first TLC matches etc etc. Some proper good memories! Also stuff that I only ever saw brief clips of, like the crazy deathmatches in Japan involving Cactus Jack, Terry Funk and a whole lot of barbed wire and explosives. Truly hardcore.

Latest