The Student Room Group

What food do you hate but wish you liked?

Scroll to see replies

mushrooms....my friend who cooks AMAZING food loves them so they end up in everything and I pick them out and form a neat pile of rejected fungi :frown: :frown:
Reply 41
Olives! All of them! Everytime I see them I try, I struggle to stomach them... my body is just 'No wayyyyy am I going to begin liking those anytime soon!'. But still I try in the hope one day those wonderful little round pieces of salty goodness are accepted. :c
Un-melted cheese :frown: I love melted cheese though
milk makes me vomit but i just wanna love :cry2:

and i wanna like olives because they're sophisticated and it makes me have low self esteem
Reply 44
Salad for me too...I don't mind bits of it, but I could never eat a whole one. Iceberg lettuce is just gross, too watery. Pretty embarrassing for a vegetarian! Tea as well. I tried so hard to like it, but it's just so bitter and unsatisfying that I can't even finish a cup.
(edited 10 years ago)
Broccoli, it looks so damn healthy but I just can't stand having it in my mouth
Reply 46
Original post by Vian
Pretty much all sauces! It's incredibly inconvenient to have to ask at restaurants that they put no sauce in (unless it's Nando's sauce!), and to make matters worse they only do as I ask 50% of the time :unimpressed:!

Then there's also vegetables. Unless it's uncooked/unboiled/etc I can't stand the taste, which only compounds my sauce problem. Woe is me :emo:.

I'm exactly the same with sauces. If there's even the tiniest bit of any sauce on my food I just won't be able to eat it. People look at me like "what a weirdo" Hahaaa xD
Reply 47
Original post by Runninground

I wish I liked salad, because it looks so nice and summery and reminds me of sitting in the sun on holiday having a meal. It looks so cool and refreshing too. But that plant taste of lettuce is horrible and I don't like tomatoes.

I was actually going to say that when I saw the thread name, it looks so nice and refreshing then when I taste it it tastes leafy and yucky and not what it looks like :frown:

Also ice cream, everyone's always like "yeah let's go get ben and jerry's ice cream" or whatever and I end up eating crisps or something :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx

Snap! I thought I was the only one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Fish
Reply 50
Bread. It's everywhere and I'm sick of it but I wish I loved it >_<
Reply 51
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx

Omg same! My friends all think I'm weird for not liking cheese -.- I just can't stand it...
Reply 52
Fish, seafood and eggs... All so good for you but so gross! I do love calamari rings though- nom! Also don't get the obsession with mayo, it's so weird!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
im trying to find a way to enjoy sushi cos its so healthy! waah
Reply 54
Everyone seems to get such pleasure out of whipped cream, but it just makes me gag. I'd like to experience the appeal of it.

Also I don't like lasagne...it's like there's too much going on there to really enjoy it. My family seem to want to cook it at least once a week though, so I'd prefer to like it :lol:
Bro, I have the biggest sweet tooth, there's just something about pineapples though, it's a weird sweet, I think that's what it is, I mean I'm fine with sweets and literally every other fruit, but yeah it is that I think, a weird sweet..
Original post by eliza.anne
Everyone seems to get such pleasure out of whipped cream, but it just makes me gag. I'd like to experience the appeal of it.

Also I don't like lasagne...it's like there's too much going on there to really enjoy it. My family seem to want to cook it at least once a week though, so I'd prefer to like it :lol:

Did you really just say those words in the same sentence?

Whaaaaaaat, Lasagne is great, anything with cheese on it is great :tongue:
Reply 57
Original post by Anythingoo1
Did you really just say those words in the same sentence?

Whaaaaaaat, Lasagne is great, anything with cheese on it is great :tongue:

:rofl: Well what I said still stands :rolleyes: Meh...I'm just not a big fan of melted cheese :dontknow: There's just too many layers :lol: I hate bolognese too. :indiff:
Reply 58
Sushi.
Reply 59
Pizza; it's my worst food and it makes me feel so sick just the smell of it but it's like the world's favorite food and almost everybody I know likes it so it makes it so hard when I go to a friend's house for the first time and their parents cook tea and automatically assume everybody likes pizza and then I come along :s-smilie: It would make my life so much easier if I could like it!

Quick Reply

Latest