The Student Room Group

Official OCR GCSE Latin Language June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meriadoc
I agree- thought he was most famous son of his father tho :frown: and that the senators were afraid he would make the rule, not that he would make himself king :mad: but otherwise it was great!

Oh no thats the difference between a E and D, nightmare!
Reply 81
Is anyone doing the Latin Lit - Aenead exam?? Or the sources??
I'm doing Aenead 12 (: - How did you guys find yesterday's exam?
Fine, I reckon I got an A
Reply 84
What have you revised for the Aeniad??
Reply 85
Original post by izyyy
What have you revised for the Aeniad??

Everything? I know the text fully now, just need to go over style points for the 10 marker.
Memorised the entire text and some analysis stuff (:
Reply 87
****ting myself for the exam tomorrow.... Only started learning it today.. Thought it would be easier than im finding it... Boy im an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracey11
****ting myself for the exam tomorrow.... Only started learning it today.. Thought it would be easier than im finding it... Boy im an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I learnt it all yesterday quite quickly. Maybe that is because I have learnt it 2 or 3 times before.
I'm up to line 938. The 10 marker is only 5% of your overall grade so don't fail it but if you do it's not the end of the world!
Reply 90
Is anyone doing sources? I have no idea how to prepare for it :frown:
Reply 91
Im only on line 756!!! Agghhh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
What are the usual A and A* grade boundaries?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the usual A and A* grade boundaries?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For literature, it very rarely goes further than 90% - A*, 80% - A etc. Not as much flexibility as the language papers as its far more predictable!
Reply 94
Original post by TelephoneBox
For literature, it very rarely goes further than 90% - A*, 80% - A etc. Not as much flexibility as the language papers as its far more predictable!

But what about for the overall gcse grade boundaries??

Posted from TSR Mobile
But what about for the overall gcse grade boundaries??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't follow your question here!
Reply 96
Original post by TelephoneBox
Don't follow your question here!

So am i right in thinking the 4 latin exams (2 language, 2 literature) are all worth 25& of the latin gcse. So what % do i need overall to get an A/A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
So am i right in thinking the 4 latin exams (2 language, 2 literature) are all worth 25& of the latin gcse. So what % do i need overall to get an A/A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the two language papers, you need about 51-54 each depending on the year, and the literature is normally around 43-44 for an A*. So the highest it will be is about 195/220.
Reply 98
Original post by alexgr97
Everything? I know the text fully now, just need to go over style points for the 10 marker.

By style points do you mean like spondee and dactyl, alliteration etc. etc. ??
Reply 99
Original post by izyyy
By style points do you mean like spondee and dactyl, alliteration etc. etc. ??

Yes, that sort of thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending