The Student Room Group

BIOLOGY - OCR 21st Century Science B4,B5,B6 Exam on 5th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by N.Choi
Yep, what about you??

NONONONO! It was A.There was an outlier-104 which should have not been included in the mean.Therefore a would have had the highest mean meaning it had the fatty seath.
Reply 21
Original post by TAPTUT
NONONONO! It was A.There was an outlier-104 which should have not been included in the mean.Therefore a would have had the highest mean meaning it had the fatty seath.

That's what I wrote but I included that 91 was an outlier aswell :/
Reply 22
Original post by TAPTUT

oh yhh, btw how did u find the paper overall??
Reply 23
Original post by N.Choi
oh yhh, btw how did u find the paper overall??

I found it alright.It was slightly harder than the jan 2013 paper(in my opinion) but most people said they found it quite easy.So grade boundaries are thought to be around 36-40 for an a *.I think the six markers were reasonable although i messed up on a few odd 1 or 2 markers.How did you find it?
Reply 24
Original post by TAPTUT
I found it alright.It was slightly harder than the jan 2013 paper(in my opinion) but most people said they found it quite easy.So grade boundaries are thought to be around 36-40 for an a *.I think the six markers were reasonable although i messed up on a few odd 1 or 2 markers.How did you find it?

Yh i think the paper was alrite, I think I did quite a few silly mistakes. The 6 markers were ok i guess, I hope I get at least 4 marks from each.
Reply 25
Original post by N.Choi
Yep, what about you??

Neuron A's range transmission times overlapped B's times. Therefore, I said that there is no real difference.

I think that these are one of those OCR questions that have both a Yes and No answer - I think it depends on your reasoning.
Reply 26
Original post by TAPTUT

Neuron A's range transmission times overlapped B's times. Therefore, I said that there is no real difference.

I think that these are one of those OCR questions that have both a Yes and No answer - I think it depends on your reasoning.
Reply 27
What answers did you getfor the potato chip questions?
Reply 28
I matched the biggest chip to the one with the highest concentration, is this correct??
Reply 29
Original post by bbcs2k9
I matched the biggest chip to the one with the highest concentration, is this correct??

And for the estimate of chip X i pit 0.2 for the concentration
Reply 30
Nope, biggest chip is lowest concentration. I put 0.1 for the concentration! It seemed too far from the 0.3 one to be 0.2, but the ambiguity would suggest they would suggest anywhere from 0.1-0.2
Reply 31
Original post by jjpneed
Nope, biggest chip is lowest concentration. I put 0.1 for the concentration! It seemed too far from the 0.3 one to be 0.2, but the ambiguity would suggest they would suggest anywhere from 0.1-0.2

Yep, that's exactly what I said and did.
Original post by park1996
Yep, that's exactly what I said and did.

Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does everyone have the chemistry C 456 on Monday?
What do you reckon could come up for the 6 markers? I'm guessing a 6 marker on the periodic table or on an element, rate of reactions possibly? Electrolysis may come up but I'm not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
What do you reckon could come up for the 6 markers? I'm guessing a 6 marker on the periodic table or on an element, rate of reactions possibly? Electrolysis may come up but I'm not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't reckon. Just make sure you know everything!! :wink:
Reply 35
Wow grade boundaries are soooooo lowwww
Reply 36
Original post by monisj1
Wow grade boundaries are soooooo lowwww

??? what do you mean???
Reply 37
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just revise everything! I think that they might ask us 6 marks on-
-Rate of reactions/using different methods to determine it
-The periodic table(HALOGENS vs ALKALI METALS)
-Which ore is the most economically viable to extract out of a table.
-Which metal is the most appropriate for this job?
-Exo/Endo reactions
-Correlation and cause and a random topic(THE DOGGY ONE)
-How can a factory owner make their yeild larger/improve efficiency...
-The different ways of extracting an ore-(ELECTROLYSIS/REDUCTION)

One of these is bound to come up!If not then we have all flopped the test like jan p4p5p6 :smile:
How did everyone find the chemistry paper? I thought it went really well - much better than the biology paper!
The 6 markers were really good - well apart from the second one where I didn't really know what to write about silicon dioxide. But the first 6 mark question was really easy and had so much to write on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending