The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by poushpaaa
Is anyone doing this exam tomorrow? If so please get back to me! I need help!!!

What do you need help with?
Reply 2
Is anyone doing this exam tomorrow? If so please get back to me! I need help!!!

what do you need help with? :smile:
Reply 3
Does anyone have any ideas what the last question might be about? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Squidgy
Does anyone have any ideas what the last question might be about? :s-smilie:

It could be on the benefits or impacts on the UK economy of future trading patterns with the BRICS, or about changing the export strategy. Generally about exports/imports and the BRICS.
Reply 5
Original post by bethkirby
It could be on the benefits or impacts on the UK economy of future trading patterns with the BRICS, or about changing the export strategy. Generally about exports/imports and the BRICS.

Ahh ok thanks,

So the BRICS would mean that there are larger markets, cheaper products but loss of UK jobs, pollution and more expensive raw materials?
Yeah I think its definitely about the UK and the BRICs.
You see, topics like poverty and the european union did not appear in the stimulus material, so do we have to know about it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by pinkgorilla
Yeah I think its definitely about the UK and the BRICs.
You see, topics like poverty and the european union did not appear in the stimulus material, so do we have to know about it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

European Union comes up in Fig 6 briefly.
I know the fundamentals of poverty but I didn't really go into a lot of revision about them because I think it's unlikely to come up.
Reply 8
Original post by Squidgy
Ahh ok thanks,

So the BRICS would mean that there are larger markets, cheaper products but loss of UK jobs, pollution and more expensive raw materials?

Yeah, the BRICS would allow there to be cheaper products because costs are lower, as prices of raw materials, and things like labour are cheaper in the BRICS. It decreases domestic competition in the UK.
Reply 9
Original post by bethkirby
Yeah, the BRICS would allow there to be cheaper products because costs are lower, as prices of raw materials, and things like labour are cheaper in the BRICS. It decreases domestic competition in the UK.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squidgy
European Union comes up in Fig 6 briefly.
I know the fundamentals of poverty but I didn't really go into a lot of revision about them because I think it's unlikely to come up.

Alright, thanks.
Which topics do you think will definitely come up and which won't?
Sorry for asking so many questions :biggrin:
Reply 11
Alright, thanks.

I can't give definites, but competition between the BRIC's and the UK, MNC's, international trade, protectionism, tariffs (like the banana wars) and a diagram may be needed, the WTO, the EU, balance of payments, imports/exports, and externalities MAY come up. That's based on the case study, so I may be slightly wrong.
Reply 12
Alright, thanks.

Hehe it's fine, I always ask loads of questions to people on here :smile:
Not sure as to what won't come up but looking at the preliminary material MNCs are mentioned. EU, protectionism and free trade relate to fig 6. Balance of payments/ current account for fig 8. BRICs are definitely going to feature in the paper and you should probably know causes + effects of globalisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I need help on exchange rates, interest rates and globalisation!!! :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Good luck guys!!:smile: and I was reading what you lot said and it actually helps!!:smile:x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I need help on exchange rates, interest rates and globalisation!!! :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry it's a bit late, but for exchange rates remember SPICEE - Strong Pound, Imports Cheaper, Exports Expensive. It helped me a lot.
Reply 16
How did you guys find it?
It was alright, I guess. What about you?
Reply 18
It was ok. - wasn't expecting a poverty question.. And too many 4-6 mark questions - was tough on time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Knowing
It was ok. - wasn't expecting a poverty question.. And too many 4-6 mark questions - was tough on time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Didnt expect that. Ikr, time went to fast. I probs lost marks cos of timing.

Would you say this was harder or easier than last year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending