The Student Room Group

I am owed £1000 due to National Scholarship Programme

Hi,

My university offered me the National Scholarship Programme which means that I am entitled to £3000, of which at least £2000 must be used as a fee waiver.

The £2000 was used as a fee waiver, however I am still owed £1000.

What should I do?

Please, please, please someone give me some advice.

Thanks
Donate it to charity.
Original post by po10tial
Hi,

My university offered me the National Scholarship Programme which means that I am entitled to £3000, of which at least £2000 must be used as a fee waiver.

The £2000 was used as a fee waiver, however I am still owed £1000.

What should I do?

Please, please, please someone give me some advice.

Thanks

Did they send you a letter / email stating that you will be receiving this? Not everyone who is eligible for the NSP actually receives it as they are limited in numbers.

If you were going to receive the scholarship, you would usually be paid the £1000 in three instalments at the beginning of each term, around the time you would have got your student loan. However sometimes uni's put the £1000 on to a smart card, or they give it to you in one lump sum. So you really need to call the universities finance department that is the only way you'll find out.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Email your finance department?

Do people have no common sense any more?
Reply 4
People are literally making this up as they go along ain't they?

As far as I knew you're entitled to £3000. The way I got mine was £1000 straight into my back account. £1000 on a cash card to use on the Uni campus. The last £3000 has to be applied for and acquired through the PETS scheme (volunteering for some amount of time and writing a report on it).
Original post by pizzle223
People are literally making this up as they go along ain't they?

As far as I knew you're entitled to £3000. The way I got mine was £1000 straight into my back account. £1000 on a cash card to use on the Uni campus. The last £3000 has to be applied for and acquired through the PETS scheme (volunteering for some amount of time and writing a report on it).

Most uni's give you £2000 as a fee waiver, and £1000 as a bursary given in three instalments. Your university is one of those very small amount of exceptions.
Reply 6
Original post by Knalchemist
Most uni's give you £2000 as a fee waiver, and £1000 as a bursary given in three instalments. Your university is one of those very small amount of exceptions.

Ahh right, sorry I was thinking it was all the same. Well sucks for everyone else. I think the way my Uni does it is pretty good! Especailly as I'm volunteering for 10 weeks over the summer and genuinely could do with the money!
Reply 7
It is all sorted now. Thanks
Reply 8
I'm also a little confused at how the fee waiver works, it might sound stupid but it's better to know. Does the fee waiver mean you don't have to pay the amount the waiver is for?

So say the waiver is for £2000 off accommodation, does that mean I won't have to pay £2000 on rent? I dunno if it makes sense but cheers anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by munz349
I'm also a little confused at how the fee waiver works, it might sound stupid but it's better to know. Does the fee waiver mean you don't have to pay the amount the waiver is for?

So say the waiver is for £2000 off accommodation, does that mean I won't have to pay £2000 on rent? I dunno if it makes sense but cheers anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's correct, but the fee waiver is usually for tuition fees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending