The Student Room Group

Neuroscience MSc - King's or UCL?

Hi everyone, I've got a dilema. I applied for Neuroscience MSc at UCL and KCL and got offers from both. Before making a final decision, I'd love to hear from anyone who studied / is currently studying or just knows anything about these courses.

At the moment, I'm more inclined towards King's as I like the structure of the course better. But UCL is more prestigious and their research interests seem to be more in line with my research interest (I'd like to go on to PhD later). I spoke to the course director at King's and their students have the opportunity to work on their research projects at other institutions (including UCL). The course at King's is slightly less costly, even though £9,000 vs £12,000 is not a decisive factor for me. Also, I liked the atmosphere and environment at King's.

Based on all this it seems like King's leads. But I hate the idea of regretting my choice later...

Thanks a lot!
Reply 1
Reply 2
Hello,
I faced a similar choice last year. I was given offeres from both UCL and King's for their BSc courses. I decided to follow my gut feeling and accept King's offer. I liked the structure of the course better, among other things, so I hope I made the right choice!
Reply 3
Thanks brenya, I think I'll go for King's too. Are you studying there at the moment? How are you finding it, do you like it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

I'm in the same situation as you right now and I'm unsure about what to do. Did you end up going for King's in the end? If so, how are you finding the Neuroscience MSc? I would love some first-hand student experience before I make my choice! Thanks so much!

Latest

Trending

Trending