The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography A Unit 2: Human Geography 12th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone have the June 2012 insert that they can send me. On the AQA website it has the QP and MS but not the insert
Reply 41
Original post by samy1014
Btw guys I don't know if you know this or not but this year there will be 3 additional marks on the case study questions for spelling, punctuation and grammar due to government requirements. It will be written as SPaG on the paper and bring the total of each question up from 25 to 28 and the grand total will go from 75 to 84. They shouldn't be hard marks to get but I thought that you all should know about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was just 3 marks for SPAG for the entire paper...

Anyway, I'm doing Population, Changing Urban Environments, and Globalisation.

What case studies are there that I need for them?
Reply 42
I'm doing:

Changing rural environments: Kenya cash crops, blue water retail park Kent, east Anglia commercial farming, Snowdonia for rural depopulisation and Chalgrove Oxfordshire for suburbanised village.

Population: china one child policy, kerola India population scheme, Indonesia transmigration, France code de la famille which is a solution to aging population, stage 1 Amazonian tribe, stage 2 Afghanistan , stage 3 Brazil, stage 4 USA and stage 5 germany , emancipation of woman in Sweden and Mexico to USA migration.

Tourism: Jamaica and benidorm for mass tourism, Blackpool for the butler model, wind Chelsea for national park, Italy for variety of pull factors, Antarctica for extreme environments, the Galapagos islands for eco tourism

No way will I know them all for tomorrows exam
Reply 43
Original post by tom_97
Does anyone have the June 2012 insert that they can send me. On the AQA website it has the QP and MS but not the insert

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-40301H-INS-JUN12_CR.PDF

If it doesn't open up type in inserts for aqa geog spec A inserts for June 2012 paper in google.
Reply 44
Original post by Knowing
I thought it was just 3 marks for SPAG for the entire paper...

Anyway, I'm doing Population, Changing Urban Environments, and Globalisation.

What case studies are there that I need for them?

No, 3 marks per section, so 9 extra marks on offer. Out of 84, which is a bit annoying but just remember to check those 8 marker more carefully!
Reply 45
I need something like 114 UMS for an A* which was around 45 last year, I'm hoping this SPaG won't cause too much problems.
Reply 46
Original post by Shaz xx
that doesn't sound too bad, bt if its out of 84, then wil the grade boundaries be higher for an A*? i suppose its a good way to bank 9 marks. is it for both physical and human paper or jus the human paper?

It is just on the Human paper (unit 2)
Reply 47
Original post by bbadonde2
It is just on the Human paper (unit 2)

i dont doubt what you're saying but how do you know this? And also are thextra marks only for case study questions or for all the others also? e.g 6 or 4 mark questions
Reply 48
What do I need to get tomorrow to get an A* overall?

I got 141ums on physical
58/60 on CW
Reply 49
not sure if someone's already asked this, but for case study questions, do we need to include statistics? and if we do, how many? I'm mostly using the cgp guide for case studies, but for the case study about ecotourism (Tataquara Lodge) there are only two statistics which aren't veeeery useful
Reply 50
Original post by samy1014
well isn't it obvious? If you've got no exams and nothing useful to do tomorrow then revise, revise revise! Have you done any of the past papers yet? There's 3 and a specimen. I wouldn't expect you to do them all in a day but you should do one if you haven't already. The style of questions are very similar every year. But learn your case studies because they're worth a lot of marks that aren't that hard to get if you know then.

posted from tsr mobile

you the man samy!!! You the man in this bia*** woo woo go samy it's your birthday we gonna party like its your birthday and its your muthaf***** birthday
Reply 51
Original post by C-king
i dont doubt what you're saying but how do you know this? And also are thextra marks only for case study questions or for all the others also? e.g 6 or 4 mark questions

it's on the aqa website and there are only extra marks for 8 markers.
What are the grade bondaries usually like for Human Geography in percentages. Like what percentage would you need to get an A star, A, B and C????
I need to know please, thanks.
Reply 53
For those doing Globalisation, are the Indus Water Treaty and flower production in Kenya case studies?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
what will the grade boundaries usually be like?

i need to get a low a*/high a for an a* overall, bricking it
Reply 55
Original post by rapdog
what will the grade boundaries usually be like?

i need to get a low a*/high a for an a* overall, bricking it

Last year it was (out of 75):

A* = 60
A = 51
B = 42

etc.
Reply 56
Original post by Knowing
Last year it was (out of 75):

A* = 60
A = 51
B = 42

etc.

In 2010 it was
A* = 52
A = 44
B = 37

I thought june 2012 was easier when doing it, how is there such a large variation?
Original post by bbadonde2
I need something like 114 UMS for an A* which was around 45 last year, I'm hoping this SPaG won't cause too much problems.

what did you get in your unit one and controlled assessment? :smile: think I need 128 UMS
Reply 58
Original post by bakerloo96
I'm doing:

Changing rural environments: Kenya cash crops, blue water retail park Kent, east Anglia commercial farming, Snowdonia for rural depopulisation and Chalgrove Oxfordshire for suburbanised village.

Population: china one child policy, kerola India population scheme, Indonesia transmigration, France code de la famille which is a solution to aging population, stage 1 Amazonian tribe, stage 2 Afghanistan , stage 3 Brazil, stage 4 USA and stage 5 germany , emancipation of woman in Sweden and Mexico to USA migration.

Tourism: Jamaica and benidorm for mass tourism, Blackpool for the butler model, wind Chelsea for national park, Italy for variety of pull factors, Antarctica for extreme environments, the Galapagos islands for eco tourism

No way will I know them all for tomorrows exam

I know my case studies but the problem is I'm over using them in past papers when I use them in basically every question. Remember if you have an 8 marker that says EXPLAIN it's not asking for large case study involvement although DESCRIBE is!
Reply 59
Original post by alexwilliams1996
what did you get in your unit one and controlled assessment? :smile: think I need 128 UMS

Got 150 UMS in Unit 1 and A* in CA (got told it was high A*, so presuming 96/97 UMS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending