The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AM AN INTERNET ADDICT!! that's mainly cause where i live there is nothing much i can do here! it sucks!

Does any one have any advice on how i could spend my days doing something interesting? (yeah i want to do something interesting but i don't know what) need help!!
Indeed. I was on here far too much during study leave. :sad:
Reply 22
I don't spend that much time on it, on purpose, but I think there's few things that I find as interesting as browsing the web, as everything is so accessible on the internet!
Reply 24
Neeed helppp. I think I have been addicted since I started playing runescape when I was 10 for 3 years, did anyone else play that game?
Reply 25
I think everyone on this site is, to some degree.
yes, not sure how to stop
I came across this while studying for something I've been putting off for weeks. I think so :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep. I spend far too much time procrastinating on TSR when I should be doing my homework :facepalm:
Yes I am but its good as I gain knowledge browsing random things. A lot of the people who aren't wasting their time on the internet are instead wasting more money clubbing, more time drinking alcohol and taking drugs and ruining their health or other things. There's very few going to the gym and leading active and happy lifestyles all the time and I know loads of fitness freaks who're just as addicted because they come home and they blog about the gym and then are on the forum all the time dedicated trying to get shredded. The only people I know who have it better are those with the money to travel and explore and whilst at university there is not much chance of that. Once university is over you can then dedicate your time to making a change by travelling across Europe taking up different jobs and mixing it up with a bit of excitement. I think university to some degree keeps a grip on you. Hardly a persons fault.
Reply 30
Yes. My husband reckons it's miracle when I turn my computer off. Even when we went away for the weekend I couldn't resist using his phone to log in to TSR.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Yeah how do you overcome this addiction?
Original post by Iownuk

This thread is from 2013 :lol:
Original post by rosy_posy
This thread is from 2013 :lol:

Still relevant
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Siciliano
Still relevant

Not much point restarting a thread that's 8 years old imo
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Siciliano
Still relevant

The point may be, but the thread isn't.
Accepted view is that it's better to make a new thread so that there aren't a load of outdated posts with non-present users clogging up the first part of the thread.
(edited 2 years ago)
Also addicted. I get someone to hide my phone. I can also be really lazy so I make it too long for me to use my phone again. So I’ll disconnect the WiFi, put on Airplane mode and put it in a different room. I’ll be too lazy to get up and undo all that damage so I’ll be forced to stop for a bit. You could also set screen time limits.
Original post by Iownuk

Read "Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now" by Jaron Lanier.
Of course you don't literally have to delete all of your social medias, but it gives insight at least into how to become more conscious when using the internet.

Latest

Trending

Trending