The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Homefinders

Hi folks - just rememberd, in about 9 months time you will be expected to start looking for shared housing. Brookes have some, but many have to find their own (with plenty of help so dont wory) - there are loads and loads of letting agents all around oxford. Just DONT go to Homefinders!!! :mad: This warning is very early, but given the fact that many brookes students may not write on TSR once at uni I wanted to make sure I said it. Homefinders ripped my housemates off bigtime, gave us a dirty house to live in and when we cleaned it they told us it wasnt clean enough and took hundreds of pounds from us for professional cleaning. It was a bad, one-off experience, so dont worry - but please, write this down on a post-it note and avoid Homefinders letting agents at all costs - and spread the word!!!!
Reply 1
The Boosh
Hi folks - just rememberd, in about 9 months time you will be expected to start looking for shared housing. Brookes have some, but many have to find their own (with plenty of help so dont wory) - there are loads and loads of letting agents all around oxford. Just DONT go to Homefinders!!! :mad: This warning is very early, but given the fact that many brookes students may not write on TSR once at uni I wanted to make sure I said it. Homefinders ripped my housemates off bigtime, gave us a dirty house to live in and when we cleaned it they told us it wasnt clean enough and took hundreds of pounds from us for professional cleaning. It was a bad, one-off experience, so dont worry - but please, write this down on a post-it note and avoid Homefinders letting agents at all costs - and spread the word!!!!

hey thanks for the warning :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
yet another insightful tip from the boosh! cheers!

Latest

Trending

Trending