The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about starting sixth form?

So yes, like many 16 year olds I finish my gcse's next week and must prepare myself for the real world. I'm starting college in September and I'm excited but because I've spent the last five years in a single sex school it's going to feel slightly weird being around a mixed group of people.

How's everyone else feeling about starting a new chapter in their life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by TinM
So yes, like many 16 year olds I finish my gcse's next week and must prepare myself for the real world. I'm starting college in September and I'm excited but because I've spent the last five years in a single sex school it's going to feel slightly weird being around a mixed group of people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No offence but Sixth Form isn't really the real world lol. I'm just about to leave my Further Education college and I still wouldn't consider myself to be in the "real world". Things get serious at university but still, I'd consider the "real world" as such, that would be when you leave education and get a job.

On a positive note though, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I've found these past two years on the whole a lot more enjoyable than my school years. Good luck with your GCSEs. :smile:
Original post by TinM

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to a Sixth Form College with only two girls who I speak to in form; mixed with the feelings of excitement and nervousness, can't wait to meet new people though!
Reply 3
At college you get to meet so many new people, try loads of new opportunities, and get so more much independence. Honestly, you should love it - I've had an amazing year, so much better than sixth form. :wink:
I just can't explain how much better college is. :-)
Reply 4
Original post by TinM

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've recently finished College and it was a fantastic two years. I met some amazing people that hopefully I will still be in contact with in a few years time.
I also went to a single sex school and I thought it would feel weird but it really didn't, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck for your results and for the future! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending