The Student Room Group

OCR AS Computing F452 - Thursday 6th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I thought there was 6 employees
It was definitely pi sqaured radians employees. you're all wrong
Original post by SophF_rth
Most my class found that harder than most the past papers. :/

Same; all of my class found that hard, and one of them was getting A's in past papers as well! Hopefully that means the grade boundaries will be low, though! :smile:
Reply 83
I guess 70 will be an A, maybe lower cos it has been 66 before hasn't it?
Original post by carrotstar
Same; all of my class found that hard, and one of them was getting A's in past papers as well! Hopefully that means the grade boundaries will be low, though! :smile:

We had a general consensus in our class that the paper was harder than average, except for this one guy in our class who's done little to no work all year and came out and said it was easy

Yeah, exactly the same. Urggh, not looking forward to results day :/
Original post by thirtythreesecs
Was there any questions on the back page of the paper?

50 marker where you had to design a form, did you miss it?
Reply 87
Also what did you guys write for the £15.50? I wrote currency and 6 and got a total of 35 bytes?
Original post by notpeterlloyd
Cool, glad I didn't have a total maths fail right there, my mind was kind of melting after my M2 exam this morning so I believed them I'd read it wrong

M2 was hard :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Also for the designing of top down diagram. How did you add "clock in" and "clock out"? And also how did you add the crap about hours and print pay slip?
Original post by thirtythreesecs
Was there any questions on the back page of the paper?

No, the eight marker was the last one. Don't listen to the other reply. He's said all sorts to different people that's not true, such as there not being 12 employees in the calculation question. Not sure why he finds it so funny to make other people so worried about the exam.
Original post by MukhtarA
Also for the designing of top down diagram. How did you add "clock in" and "clock out"? And also how did you add the crap about hours and print pay slip?

You didn't need to put anything about the hours and pay slip. The question said that you didn't need to add any extra detail other than what was listed, which was logging in, clocking in and clocking out.
The only question that was confusing was the scope question which I bull****ted on and then, as the final minute was underway I understood what they wanted which was a shame.

For those of you saying that this was difficult, get real! This paper was a nice balance of theory and programming and the questions were straight forward, if you want a difficult paper than look at Jan 13's. I think this will be 75 for an A. I wish there was a little more time for this paper but still.

A weird question was saying why you need to install and I'm not really sure what they were looking for.

There were infact 12 employees for those wondering. Also, what file size did people get? I got ~ 620 bytes which i then converted to 0.6kbs.

Also for the If statement for directions what did people put, I put:

If direction > 90 and < 270 then
go north
else
if direction > 270 or < 90 then
go south
end if
end if
Reply 93
You didn't need to put anything about the hours and pay slip. The question said that you didn't need to add any extra detail other than what was listed, which was logging in, clocking in and clocking out.

Im sure it did, 100% sure
No, the eight marker was the last one. Don't listen to the other reply. He's said all sorts to different people that's not true, such as there not being 12 employees in the calculation question. Not sure why he finds it so funny to make other people so worried about the exam.

er no, i never said there was 12... in fact i was one of "notpeterlloyd"'s friend who thought it was 6! I think 12 was right tho... and clearly I was joking, not making people feel worried, tryna make you less worried by lightening it up a bit. clearly there wasn't a 50 marker, and clearly i wasn't trying to make people worry that they missed it -_-

indirect me again on tsr will you. :angry:
Original post by Neon-Soldier32
The only question that was confusing was the scope question which I bull****ted on and then, as the final minute was underway I understood what they wanted which was a shame.

For those of you saying that this was difficult, get real! This paper was a nice balance of theory and programming and the questions were straight forward, if you want a difficult paper than look at Jan 13's. I think this will be 75 for an A. I wish there was a little more time for this paper but still.

A weird question was saying why you need to install and I'm not really sure what they were looking for.

There were infact 12 employees for those wondering. Also, what file size did people get? I got ~ 620 bytes which i then converted to 0.6kbs.

go north
else
go south
end if
end if

Couldn't agree with you more... except seeing as noone found it nice probably about the same as previous years...
I also did the scope one wrong...
ah so it was 12 in the end,
got about 500 bytes so I think I did 12 ahah...
and yeah did that exactly
Reply 96
Original post by Neon-Soldier32

go north
else
go south
end if
end if

I think i wrote the same think, but i think your "go south" and "go north" should be the other way round and i used "AND" instead of "OR".
(edited 10 years ago)
I got ~0.4kB.
Reply 98
Original post by Super_R
I think i wrote the same think, but i think your "go south" and "go north" should be the other way round and i used "AND" instead of "OR".

Spot on
I also got AND instead of OR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending