The Student Room Group

Help with a narrative question?

I have never done a narrative question before because narrative confuses me.However,since no representation was to be found on the A2 WJEC paper today,I kinda had to since I couldn't remember any codes and conventions.
Now I know the obvious stuff such as Binary opposition,propp's characters,multi-strand,linear etc and I did apply those throughout my essay so I reckon I got smth for that.
One of my texts was Britain's Got Talent and I don't know whether I went off topic or not and that's why I'm asking you guys here.
I talked about narrative structure- auditions and all leading up the final ( got confused with x factor and said the winner gets both a record deal and money lol)
I talked about how the audience is an integral part of it by voting and being given the position of the judge which is a gratification.
I talked about enigma codes amongst other theories about the audience being immersed into the whole experience and not knowing what to expect.
I also talked about characterisation and what each judge provides linking directly to the audience. But, I'm scared I might have gone off topic on this one.I didn't go on for ages but I did say a couple of sentences for each (I wrote a lot,I really don't remember how I structured it).Like ''Simon Cowell is the ring-leader.He is represented as the expert having expertise in the field of music.'' and then I went on to how cinematography is important to the narrative saying ''Audiences are always shown Simon's expression first during a contestant's introduction and a contestant's performance.If the performance evokes negative feelings or positive feelings in Simon, this allows for people to identify or disagree with him, which is a gratification in itself''.
I did that about every judge and Ant+Dec and also talked about the acts are very important in the narrative with their back-stories engaging the audience and reinforcing the ideology that Britain is a land of opportunity and does not discriminate based on gender,age,social class etc.
Did I go way off topic?I mentioned audiences a lot to enhance my points!I also made some points on representation like how Ant+Dec are BGT's sense of community always being supportive and positive.Would I even get a low B for this?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I honestly think it sounds like you did fine! Better than me anyway lol no idea what I rambled about in the end. I included propp's characters, todorovs equilibrium and Barthes enigma for my main theories I think.

Try not to worry about it too much because it's done now and there's nothing you can do about it, it's all just a waiting game until results day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy1025
I honestly think it sounds like you did fine! Better than me anyway lol no idea what I rambled about in the end. I included propp's characters, todorovs equilibrium and Barthes enigma for my main theories I think.

Try not to worry about it too much because it's done now and there's nothing you can do about it, it's all just a waiting game until results day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so frustrating though!If representation had come up along with either marketing or regulation I would be fine!My chances of getting an A or A* are ruined because WJEC decided to play games on us.But you're right!Let's just wait and pray,haha...I want that B for uni at least!Now I'll go do some Tesco shopping because I need some fresh air :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by LostByeol
It's so frustrating though!If representation had come up along with either marketing or regulation I would be fine!My chances of getting an A or A* are ruined because WJEC decided to play games on us.But you're right!Let's just wait and pray,haha...I want that B for uni at least!Now I'll go do some Tesco shopping because I need some fresh air :tongue:

I totally agree! Those questions would've been great. I need an A for Uni so I think I might be a in a spot of bother to put it nicely haha. Just going to have to hope and pray. Yes, tesco shopping is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I done the exact same theories as you :biggrin:
Reply 5
I totally agree! Those questions would've been great. I need an A for Uni so I think I might be a in a spot of bother to put it nicely haha. Just going to have to hope and pray. Yes, tesco shopping is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't need an A in media but I want it,haha!....No way I'm getting it tho :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending