The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me the get a A?

Hi, I am going start sixth form. I am really dedicated to getting A's, when I say dedicated I really mean it, REALLY and I have chosen Medical Science,Health and Social care and ICT, I really want to gets A's because I know that I can and I know that people say it hard but I am going to do my best, I am literally going eat those books.

So is it possible? The teachers think that I can't but I proved them wrong when I got a A* for my French Coursework (GCSE), she basically said that I'll never get a A but I proved everyone wrong by getting a A*.
Original post by sully50sully
Hi, I am going start sixth form. I am really dedicated to getting A's, when I say dedicated I really mean it, REALLY and I have chosen Medical Science,Health and Social care and ICT, I really want to gets A's because I know that I can and I know that people say it hard but I am going to do my best, I am literally going eat those books.

So is it possible? The teachers think that I can't but I proved them wrong when I got a A* for my French Coursework (GCSE), she basically said that I'll never get a A but I proved everyone wrong by getting a A*.

I don't know how well you perform.

But honestly even the D grade students have the ability to get A*s as long as they work hard for it.
But I don't think you should predicate your A-level grades on a Language GCSE as the Medical Science and I.T (depending on which course you pick) are quite different. For health and social care I got no idea but i heard it is quite easy.
Reply 2
Of course you can, if you're prepared to put in the work. I personally don't do any of those A Levels, but I have heard Biology involves a lot of memorisation instead of difficult concepts (as opposed to Chemistry/Physics, I don't do it myself so I may be completely wrong on this) and I imagine Medical Science would be similar? If so, that doesn't mean it won't be difficult, but if throughout the year you memorise things and keep up your revision you should do fine.
Reply 3
Original post by Matt:)
Of course you can, if you're prepared to put in the work. I personally don't do any of those A Levels, but I have heard Biology involves a lot of memorisation instead of difficult concepts (as opposed to Chemistry/Physics, I don't do it myself so I may be completely wrong on this) and I imagine Medical Science would be similar? If so, that doesn't mean it won't be difficult, but if throughout the year you memorise things and keep up your revision you should do fine.

I have been told by friends and teachers that it a challenging subject, and they also added that it involves abit of A-Level maths.
Reply 4

I think that's going a step too far. How do you expect to get As when your books are sitting in your stomach? But seriously, good luck, don't listen to those teachers, you go for it.
Reply 5
Original post by DjamesH94
I think that's going a step too far. How do you expect to get As when your books are sitting in your stomach? But seriously, good luck, don't listen to those teachers, you go for it.

XD
Reply 6
I have been told by friends and teachers that it a challenging subject, and they also added that it involves abit of A-Level maths.

Oh, I'm not saying it's not a challenging subject; sciences generally are. All I'm saying is that, if it involves a lot of content that has to be learned, then this will be good for people like you who are already really determined to get an A, because throughout the year you can be consolidating your knowledge and improving your understanding.
Reply 7
Original post by Matt:)
Oh, I'm not saying it's not a challenging subject; sciences generally are. All I'm saying is that, if it involves a lot of content that has to be learned, then this will be good for people like you who are already really determined to get an A, because throughout the year you can be consolidating your knowledge and improving your understanding.

yeah, your right
Reply 8
Original post by IAmYourdog
I don't know how well you perform.

But honestly even the D grade students have the ability to get A*s as long as they work hard for it.
But I don't think you should predicate your A-level grades on a Language GCSE as the Medical Science and I.T (depending on which course you pick) are quite different. For health and social care I got no idea but i heard it is quite easy.

All I am saying is that I can do it

Quick Reply

Latest