The Student Room Group

A-level subjects for Law

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by martina9696
Hiya,

a lot of my friends do English Language and they do not recommend it at all. I do Literature and I love it! There is a lot of reading for Law at university so Literature would be more beneficial in my opinion.
Just in case you didn't know, you don't actually need an A-level in Law to study Law at university however it does help for a few months in your first year.
I wanted to study law at uni and I'm so glad I took the a-level because I didn't really like it so I won't carry on with it.

I'd recommend you do a lot of volunteering e.g. Citizen Advice Bureau
+ there are a lot of taster courses available from January I think so keep an eye on those http://www.london.ac.uk/tasters
I went to a law one at City Uni and it was very good + you can put it on your personal statement :smile:

If you need any help or advice: I've studied Geog, English Lit, Law and Philosophy& Ethics so message me if you have any more questions
Thank you for this! I am going to wait until the dreaded results day and see if I have done better in English Literature or Language and will take the one that I have done better in for A-Level :smile: fingers crossed results day goes well!
Reply 21
I'm considering law too.
What's this about volunteering, How do you arrange that. And where do you volunteer I have no contacts or anything and my parents simply think you apply and that's that.

Quick Reply

Latest