Hi, I am starting Education and Early years at the grand old age of 34 xx
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by roseboo
Hi, I am starting Education and Early years at the grand old age of 34 xx

Good for u! Think the majority of students are more mature these days. Will hopefully make some good friends. :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by nemills1
I know it's a big relief isn't it to know you are not going to be the golden oldie of the group! I had heard we might not find out our timetable until we get there, which would be a nightmare but hopefully the Uni said above it should be end of August. Fingers crossed! :smile: How old are your kids? Mine are 6,3 & 20mths, just my little one who I need to sort the most, the girls are at school. :biggrin:

I hope we do find out before we start, my little girl is 4 she starts school in September so I just need to sort a school club out to go around uni time table! I hope there are more mature students on the course it would be nice if there was a few of us :-)
Reply 43
Original post by Shaunna85
I hope we do find out before we start, my little girl is 4 she starts school in September so I just need to sort a school club out to go around uni time table! I hope there are more mature students on the course it would be nice if there was a few of us :-)

Think there will be as the foundation course is aimed at people who have been out of education a while so should be a few of us. It's just a waiting game now for a timetable. Have you had anything through the post about what you need to take with you?:smile:
Reply 44
Think there will be as the foundation course is aimed at people who have been out of education a while so should be a few of us. It's just a waiting game now for a timetable. Have you had anything through the post about what you need to take with you?:smile:

I hope there is it will be nice to make some friends right from the start :smile:. I haven't had anything yet from Uni so don't have a clue what is going on, have you??
Reply 45
Nope not heard anything either and with a 4 year old who is starting school and a 2 year old some advanced warning and timetables etc would be lovely!! just to organise myself.
Reply 46
Not wanting to spook you guys out, but I didn't receive any timetable info until my first day last year! But that was in the business school, so I'm unsure of elsewhere. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

But if things clash I wouldn't worry, as a mature student myself the Uni were fantastic in moving my timetable around to suit my childcare needs, so don't worry when you finally do see your timetable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi - a view from Hull staff for you! I'm a lecturer in Criminology and Sociology, and can tell you'll find you're definitely not the oldest, and not the only ones with childcare issues! If you have any problems with this, do get in touch with staff in the department - we're very understanding! :biggrin:
Is there anything in particular you're worried about?

The timetable system has been changed this year, and you'll be able to check it online as soon as it's confirmed. Check with the office in early September to see if it's gone live yet.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by LucyMichael
Hi - a view from Hull staff for you! I'm a lecturer in Criminology and Sociology, and can tell you'll find you're definitely not the oldest, and not the only ones with childcare issues! If you have any problems with this, do get in touch with staff in the department - we're very understanding! :biggrin:
Is there anything in particular you're worried about?

The timetable system has been changed this year, and you'll be able to check it online as soon as it's confirmed. Check with the office in early September to see if it's gone live yet.

Hi, that is very helpful, thank you. My main worry was the childcare issue. I was told we may not find out our timetable until the 1st day & that would have been a nightmare for me as i need to get my youngest in at a nursery, but without knowing days & times I wouldn't be able to apply for a childcare grant & do this.
I know you won't know the exact timetable but do you know how many days & hours a week the course will be? Also to check timetables online do you go through the 'my admin' section?
Thank you for your help.
Reply 49
Hi, that is very helpful, thank you. My main worry was the childcare issue. I was told we may not find out our timetable until the 1st day & that would have been a nightmare for me as i need to get my youngest in at a nursery, but without knowing days & times I wouldn't be able to apply for a childcare grant & do this.
I know you won't know the exact timetable but do you know how many days & hours a week the course will be? Also to check timetables online do you go through the 'my admin' section?
Thank you for your help.

Hi I've booked my 3 year old in nursery for full weeks and the child are grant have accepted and agreed to it, not sure if that any help to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
23, doing Psychology.
Reply 51
Original post by Kellie_
Hi I've booked my 3 year old in nursery for full weeks and the child are grant have accepted and agreed to it, not sure if that any help to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Kellie!
Thanks for that, so have you just put your little one in full days all week? That helps me with my youngest but my middle child who is also 3 is currently at pre-school which only opens between 9-3 so without knowing a timetable I don't know if that will fit round it or not :confused: I might have to take her out of there & put her into nursery too.
Its so confusing when you have kids in the mix! :smile:
Reply 52
Hi Kellie!
Thanks for that, so have you just put your little one in full days all week? That helps me with my youngest but my middle child who is also 3 is currently at pre-school which only opens between 9-3 so without knowing a timetable I don't know if that will fit round it or not :confused: I might have to take her out of there & put her into nursery too.
Its so confusing when you have kids in the mix! :smile:

Yeah I've enrolled her at the local sure start for a full days 7-6 (but she won't be in that long lol), we fill in a form every semester that checks childcare cost so if you drop a few days and they've over paid you you just pay back them days back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by Kellie_
Yeah I've enrolled her at the local sure start for a full days 7-6 (but she won't be in that long lol), we fill in a form every semester that checks childcare cost so if you drop a few days and they've over paid you you just pay back them days back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, that's a big help. Thank u! :biggrin:
Reply 54
Thank you for your help.

It would be a big help if we knew how many hours roughly the course will be each week, my little girl starts school in 3 weeks and really need to know if we have any late lectures as she will have to go in an after school club, I've also got a job to fit in around it too :-/
Reply 55
I studied as a mature student in 2011 in hull most classes are day if part time normally 9-1 and ft is 9-4/5 latest. The university is brilliant and everyone is welcome especially tutors. I studies social science and humanities my tutor was Gillian Hughes on of the best. Good luck hope u settle well u would enjoy it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
All time table u would have to on line through ur admin page if I have my login details. If not then it would be given to u during induction.....that's what we got in 2011 not sure of still the same but check the website frequently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Maymas1020
All time table u would have to on line through ur admin page if I have my login details. If not then it would be given to u during induction.....that's what we got in 2011 not sure of still the same but check the website frequently

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brill, thanks for that. Every little bit of info helps. :smile:
Reply 58
On the hull union website it was advertised that timetables will be posted online on Friday! (23rd August) there will be instructions on Friday on how to find out your modules Nd timetables. I got my offer unconditional through UCAS yesterday hurray!!
Original post by Erinnire
On the hull union website it was advertised that timetables will be posted online on Friday! (23rd August) there will be instructions on Friday on how to find out your modules Nd timetables. I got my offer unconditional through UCAS yesterday hurray!!

Is that for all courses or just some?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest