Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

any mature students going to hull?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Andysgirl1974
Is that for all courses or just some?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think it is for all, but we should find out tomorrow this is the link to the post about it http://hullstudent.com/blogs/entry/blog-timetable
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Thanks that helps a lot xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Erinnire
On the hull union website it was advertised that timetables will be posted online on Friday! (23rd August) there will be instructions on Friday on how to find out your modules Nd timetables. I got my offer unconditional through UCAS yesterday hurray!!

Only problem with that is that you've no way of finding out which tutorial group you're in, which is a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by JHart1865
Only problem with that is that you've no way of finding out which tutorial group you're in, which is a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It takes a while to work out the tutorial groups, particularly for 1st years, as we don't know yet exactly who is coming and which modules they may choose. Your department will let you know when they have this information.

And do check back regularly - the timetable is subject to change.
Reply 64
Posted from TSR Mobile

How do I get my login details for myadmin?
Reply 65
Original post by itskimmy
Posted from TSR Mobile

How do I get my login details for myadmin?

You'll get them in induction week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I already got my login details for myadmin, created it myself followed myadmin instructions xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
I'll be 22 and starting Community Development and Youth Work :smile:
Reply 68
I got my unconditional offer today to study Physics Foundation. Very much looking forward to it.
Reply 69
I got offer to study Mathematics today, I am from High Wycombe, Bucks. I was at University of Southampton before
Original post by ComradeLeo
I guess we will be studying together then.
<br />
<br />
Im 21 and doing phys foundation also
Reply 71
Hi I'm 39 so definitely qualify under the mature bit lol - going to be doing accountancy and financial management and hoping that its not full off people under 20 lol
Reply 72
Original post by Kathy39
Hi I'm 39 so definitely qualify under the mature bit lol - going to be doing accountancy and financial management and hoping that its not full off people under 20 lol

I'm doing the same degree, just finished my first year and I'm 31. I could count on one hand how many students where 'my age'. But to be perfectly honest, I could count on one hand how many students actually cared.

If you have any questions on the first 'shared year' I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by JHart1865
I'm doing the same degree, just finished my first year and I'm 31. I could count on one hand how many students where 'my age'. But to be perfectly honest, I could count on one hand how many students actually cared.

If you have any questions on the first 'shared year' I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you stuck to the same degree you started off wanting to do? Is it worth buying the books on the reading lists? Or just try and get them out of the library?

Thanks
Reply 74
Original post by Kathy39
have you stuck to the same degree you started off wanting to do? Is it worth buying the books on the reading lists? Or just try and get them out of the library?

Thanks

Yeah, I'm still doing the same degree. Was thinking of switching to Economics, but that was more out of interest in the subject.

Don't buy any books yet, the business school and Pearson books put together a first year pack for business students, it's £190 (or at least it was last year) and has everything you'll need for five modules. The sixth module you'll choose as a free elective, so you'll have to buy that book.

£190 sounds a lot, but individually those books come to around £300.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
That's good knowing I don't have to worry about finding the books. Any tips or helpful info you wish someone had told you when you started?
Reply 76
Original post by Erinnire
Think it is for all, but we should find out tomorrow this is the link to the post about it http://hullstudent.com/blogs/entry/blog-timetable

I've been looking around but I cannot find anywhere that has timetables, has anyone found the page?
It's defo there - it's like a time table guide with a drop down menu for course you're taking then u use your module numbers to work out your own timetable. Type hull Uni timetable into google that should pick it up xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Andysgirl1974
It's defo there - it's like a time table guide with a drop down menu for course you're taking then u use your module numbers to work out your own timetable. Type hull Uni timetable into google that should pick it up xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this on the prtal.ac.uk, or the myadmin part? Because I must be blind or something because I can't see anything relating to a timetable in any drop down menu (Myadmin doesn't even have one) - or maybe it's just me...
Tried google too, fruitless.
Reply 79
Original post by ComradeLeo
Is this on the prtal.ac.uk, or the myadmin part? Because I must be blind or something because I can't see anything relating to a timetable in any drop down menu (Myadmin doesn't even have one) - or maybe it's just me...
Tried google too, fruitless.

http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/studentadministrativeservice/timetablingandroombookings.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest