The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Who's Living At Filbert Village 2013-2014?

Hey, who is going to be living in Filbert Village in september?

Scroll to see replies

Me!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Reply 3
I am!
What rooms are you guys gonna be in? :smile:
Reply 5
Block a flat 026

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm in block c flat 70 :smile:
Ooh nice! I think I'm block A room 28, need to double check though
Anyone looking for accomodation a classic ensuite room has become available in Filbert Village Leicester, through UNITE Leicester 96 pounds a week, 10-15 mins walk from campus. You can research on the UNITE Leicester webpage. Please PM me if you're interested as I need to get a tenant as I'm not going to Leicester anymore. Thanks!
Reply 9
Block E, flat 118, room 5 :smile:
Im in block A flat 008 room 1, there doesnt seem to be many people in filbert village on student room.
Reply 11
Original post by amygracee

I am in block C flat 67 :smile:, Finally I found a neighbor. which uni are you going to?
Reply 12
I want to live at filbert village.. What day are you all moving down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZaraFern
I want to live at filbert village.. What day are you all moving down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Move in is on 20th September. I have a single ensuite room if you're interested. 96 pounds a week, wifi, laundry parking and more. Let me know if you're interested! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by amygracee

Block C Flat 70 as well! Which uni are you going to? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by lisa_mae

I'm in block C Flat 69, I can't find anybody else who's in my flat though :smile:
Original post by lisa_mae

I just booked flat 70 in clock C too!
Reply 17
Original post by chicforever_
Me!

Hey, was wondering whats it like at filbert?
Original post by rb94x
Hey, was wondering whats it like at filbert?

Hey! So far I've had a good experience at Filbert. Here's a few positive & negatives I've come up with

The good things I'd say about it is that:
1) Staff are nice and helpful.
2) The room sizes are not bad at all, you get a good amount of space.
3) Ensuite bathrooms are decent for the price you pay. It'd be nice if they were like the showers at Newark and had a glass door but it's nothing major.
3) Kitchen space is quite huge - big enough for at least 25+ people.

The only downsides I personally have with living at filbert:
1) Although they say it's 10 minutes from campus (which it is) it takes me a good 15-20 minutes to get to lectures (I'm all the way at the Hugh Aston building and most of my lectures & tutorials are on 2nd & 3rd floor.) However if this doesn't seem to bother you, then it won't be a problem!
2) I live in Block A and it seems to be cursed this year, the fire alarms are always going off... I recall it going off 9 times in one day.
3) Flat parties nearly always get shut down by security. We once had about 8-10 people over having a little chilled session, music wasn't loud or anything, but the security came, apparently our voices were too loud.. we live on the top floor (6th)

I can definitely say that you'll come across a mixed variety of people, some you'll get on with well and others you may not get on well but there's definitely a chance you'll meet people similar too you.
Reply 19
Original post by chicforever_
Hey! So far I've had a good experience at Filbert. Here's a few positive & negatives I've come up with

The good things I'd say about it is that:
1) Staff are nice and helpful.
2) The room sizes are not bad at all, you get a good amount of space.
3) Ensuite bathrooms are decent for the price you pay. It'd be nice if they were like the showers at Newark and had a glass door but it's nothing major.
3) Kitchen space is quite huge - big enough for at least 25+ people.

The only downsides I personally have with living at filbert:
1) Although they say it's 10 minutes from campus (which it is) it takes me a good 15-20 minutes to get to lectures (I'm all the way at the Hugh Aston building and most of my lectures & tutorials are on 2nd & 3rd floor.) However if this doesn't seem to bother you, then it won't be a problem!
2) I live in Block A and it seems to be cursed this year, the fire alarms are always going off... I recall it going off 9 times in one day.
3) Flat parties nearly always get shut down by security. We once had about 8-10 people over having a little chilled session, music wasn't loud or anything, but the security came, apparently our voices were too loud.. we live on the top floor (6th)

I can definitely say that you'll come across a mixed variety of people, some you'll get on with well and others you may not get on well but there's definitely a chance you'll meet people similar too you.

Aw Thanks for the help, appreciate it, did you book privately or on the dmu site? also is it more first year that stay there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending