The Student Room Group

Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'racist attack'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
And I'm almost 100% sure a muslim wouldn't right "Islam" on a war memorial. Why would someone write down "Islam" on something any way, it makes no sense on it's own. Something is fishy about that tbh.
Reply 41
Original post by Scumbaggio
cowardly, pathetic and utterly pointless

Like attempting to behead an unarmed soldier in broad daylight?

You can use those words to describe the actions of all kinds of people, not just the ones motivated one way or another by religion.

I agree with the bolded parts but Lee Rigby was not beheaded or attempted to have been beheaded. He died from multiple incision wounds, so not beheaded. One of the black tops (Express, or the Mail), the day after Rigby was killed, said he was beheaded when he wasn't as it made a juicier headline. And secondly, I didn't realise a British solder, if not in action, is supposed to be armed? You might it sound like it he should have been armed if not on duty?

On the topic, important not to rush to conclusions but IF it is EDL related, and the individual or individuals are found, charged, found guilty in court, sentenced etc then surely that should open discussion on whether the EDL should be banned? Plus, Anders Breivig, had some support outlined for them in his manual.

Al Muhajroun, Anjem's ex group, was banned (P.S not that I am for that organisation or agreed with its values etc and was completely against what it believed) for what seemed to be, causing offence with the planned rally where the procession of dead soldiers is held. If an EDL linked individual or individuals is found guilty and sentenced, is that not enough to warrant a ban?

But banning sometimes means they spring up again or they get the sympathy vote but just some to throw out there in debate.
Reply 42
Original post by `Jts
And I'm almost 100% sure a muslim wouldn't right "Islam" on a war memorial. Why would someone write down "Islam" on something any way, it makes no sense on it's own. Something is fishy about that tbh.

That's akin to saying 'why would people blow themselves up, it makes no sense?' and doubting the existence of suicide bombers.

The fact is there are nut-job degenerates in this country who will do things you don't understand.
Absolutely unacceptable. What if someone had died?

But I would hardly call it 'racist', I suppose the apt term is 'Islamophobic'. It is about as racist as firebombing a Christian church or a Church of Scientology centre.
Reply 44
Original post by `Jts

I agree.

But that Choudury guy and his people are really misguided and delusional, That group is as bad as the EDL. Its Sad really that such groups exists.
Reply 45
Original post by Aky786UK
I agree with the bolded parts but Lee Rigby was not beheaded or attempted to have been beheaded. He died from multiple incision wounds, so not beheaded.

That doesn't make it any better.

On the topic, important not to rush to conclusions but IF it is EDL related, and the individual or individuals are found, charged, found guilty in court, sentenced etc then surely that should open discussion on whether the EDL should be banned? Plus, Anders Breivig, had some support outlined for them in his manual.

You can't just ban a protest which has legitimate concerns.

Original post by `Jts

It does sounds suspect. The only reason I can think is that (s)he wanted to do it quickly so as not to get caught, and therefore could hardly spend time spraying 'Islam will rule the world'.
Original post by Aky786UK
I agree with the bolded parts but Lee Rigby was not beheaded or attempted to have been beheaded. He died from multiple incision wounds, so not beheaded. One of the black tops (Express, or the Mail), the day after Rigby was killed, said he was beheaded when he wasn't as it made a juicier headline. And secondly, I didn't realise a British solder, if not in action, is supposed to be armed? You might it sound like it he should have been armed if not on duty?

Al Muhajroun, Anjem's ex group, was banned (P.S not that I am for that organisation or agreed with its values etc and was completely against what it believed) for what seemed to be, causing offence with the planned rally where the procession of dead soldiers is held. If an EDL linked individual or individuals is found guilty and sentenced, is that not enough to warrant a ban?

But banning sometimes means they spring up again or they get the sympathy vote but just some to throw out there in debate.

What I meant was that the crime the OP was talking about and the killing of Lee Rigby were both cowardly, pathetic and utterly pointless.
What did they hope to achieve by doing this?
Reply 49
Wherever Islam goes, trouble follows.

Leftists, now is the time to remove your blindfolds.
Reply 50
Original post by Barksy

It doesn't make it any better but it's important to make sure the right information comes out on what did happen, rather than jumping the gun and saying he was beheaded which in turn, I imagine, causes upset to his family.

I wasn't talking about banning protests but the group as a whole if it is shown that convicted criminals (like possibly one who may have committed this burning down of the centre) have links, appreciation of the EDL.
Reply 51
Original post by Barksy

How is someone setting fire to a mosque Islams fault?
Reply 52
Original post by Olenna Tyrell
It does sounds suspect. The only reason I can think is that (s)he wanted to do it quickly so as not to get caught, and therefore could hardly spend time spraying 'Islam will rule the world'.

Lol, if they were going to spray that I think they should stop watching kids TV programmes and grow the f*** up.
Reply 53
Original post by TheKnowledgable
You people who are anti-Islam are forgetting that there are extremists in every religion and just as in Islam, those extremist are a minority.
Even though they claim to, these minority of extremists do not represent the teachings and values of the religion in any way whatsoever wehther that religion be Islam, Judaism or Christianity.
Regarding the attack in woolwich was a political attack, it was to do with the war on Iraq, which obviously is all political. Those murderers who killed lee rigby were not representing Islam even though they thought they were.

Anyone who thinks that the EDL are right when they say Islam and the sharia law is going to take over this country, are stupid and lack knowledge. The religion of Islam is not a threat to anyone, it's just the minority of extremists who put up a bad advertisement of Islam with there radical ideologies.

In Islam, Muslims are taught to respect and obey the law of the land and the majority of British Muslims do that, so frankly the EDL are just stupid.

The difference between a Christian extremist and an Islamic one is that the former will probably oppose gay marriage whereas the latter will happily blow himself up on a crowded bus or murder an innocent solider in the name of Allah. There's just no comparison. The British don't do religious extremism, or at least we didn't before we decided to 'enrich' this island with 'diversity'/
These comments. EDL burns down an Islamic centre? Blame the Muslims!!

Original post by Barksy

Wherever bigoted right-wing fascists go, trouble follows.
Reply 55
Original post by Barksy
That's akin to saying 'why would people blow themselves up, it makes no sense?' and doubting the existence of suicide bombers.

The fact is there are nut-job degenerates in this country who will do things you don't understand.

I agree with you that people blowing themselves up makes no sense.

But I'm sure that you know that there are "Islamic" extremist groups who believe that they are "practising" their religion by blowing up and causing harm to innocent people when they are not practising it correctly.

Islam doesn't tell you to blow up people or anything like that. Those stupid extremist groups are corrupting innocent people just like that guy that murdered Drummer Lee Rigby. The guy that killed him was a convert to Islam and he was with the wrong type of people (the extremist group) and look what happened.

I totally agree that we should get rid and stop terrorism (all forms of terrorism), but getting rid of muslims and setting fire to Mosques and Islamic Centres isn't going to solve anything. The ones that practise Islam properly want to get rid of these "Islamic" extremist groups as well.
Reply 56
Original post by Captain Haddock

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Wherever the British go they create decent, democratic countries that are desirable places to live, i.e Australia, New Zealand and Canada etc. No doubt you'd have called the people who were deported to oz 'right-wing fascists' if you'd been around in those days. Is Australia a troublesome country? Nope.

Islam OTOH creates religious dictatorships like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Yemen: where human rights are routinely suppressed and women are treated as 2nd class citizens.

Thank god people like Barksy are here to counter the sort of non-sense peddled by the left.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes, and of course, any reprisals from the Islamic community will now be justified by the media.

Even though reprisals against Muslim attacks are "senseless, racist violence."
Reply 58
Original post by Captain Haddock

You don't know what a fascist is still I see.

Opposing Islamofascism is fascist...OK

:facepalm2:
Original post by chefdave
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Wherever the British go they create decent, democratic countries that are desirable places to live, i.e Australia, New Zealand and Canada etc. No doubt you'd have called the people who were deported to oz 'right-wing fascists' if you'd been around in those days. Is Australia a troublesome country? Nope.

Was it? Yes. Unless you ignore the systematic oppression, displacement and murder of native populations. And the rebellions. And the riots. But now they're ok!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending