The Student Room Group

Edexcel PHY 1 Help Please

Does anyone have any tips, clues, hints... anything to do with projectiles for the PHY 1 Edexcel paper... they are a part of the course that i really dont understand:confused:
Any help will be appreciated even links to sites with mark schemes on questions involving projectiles... Thanx in advance!! :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone?? Please... i need help
Reply 2
erm....do you mean the formula or actual questions?

i think the formula is:

x = ( 2V sintheta costheta ) / g

I think. are you doing regular phys or salters? i'm doing salters, not sure how they differ.
Reply 3
OMG there is a formula involved... i am doing regular edexcel i.e. not salters... thanx for the help... but could someone please tell me if the formula is a part of the regular edexcel physics course or not...
The reason i am clueless about this is that we were not taught projectiles even though it is a part of the course... so could sumone please tell me anything that would help me do a question on them for the exam
I do edexcel A. For projectiles the main thing is to remember that horizontal and vertical motion are independant of eachother. Horizontal velocity remains constant. The vertical motion can be treated using the 'suvat' equations; with the acceleration being 'g'. The time taken for both types of motion is the same. Hope that helps.
Reply 5
^^^ Yeah that helps... Thank you sooo much ...:biggrin: is there anything else that i need to know guys??

Latest