The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford in trouble and closing courses now.

This is a newspaper report of the official announcement made today.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-university-plans-axe-courses-4054107

Languages, politics etc closing this year. This will be the last intake.
Even Law is being badly affected. The Law School is closing and the law lecturers moved into the business school. I'm going to pull out now and move to my insurance choice. I don't want to be at a Uni that's running down its courses and which will probably be in more trouble soon.
Reply 1
Unless its your course being shut down you have nothing to be worried about. If your course is being shut down, id say get in contact and find out the plans for the year. Might be worth looking at either alternate courses or alternate unis. But there is money at the uni, despite what you'd think. Recently its been anounced that a million pounds will be invested into the allerton library. There are two libraries at salford, and allerton is the small one uses by a smaller number of students, yet they can afford to invest heavily in it.

That said, my housemate has seen his lectures either quit/become sacked left, right and centre this year. Think hes in a course thats about to close down. But mine and everyone elses in the house are completely fine.

id say dont panic, get all the information first before you make a decision.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Dbrown18
Unless its your course being shut down you have nothing to be worried about. If your course is being shut down, id say get in contact and find out the plans for the year. Might be worth looking at either alternate courses or alternate unis. But there is money at the uni, despite what you'd think. Recently its been anounced that a million pounds will be invested into the allerton library. There are two libraries at salford, and allerton is the small one uses by a smaller number of students, yet they can afford to invest heavily in it.

That said, my housemate has seen his lectures either quit/become sacked left, right and centre this year. Think hes in a course thats about to close down. But mine and everyone elses in the house are completely fine.

id say dont panic, get all the information first before you make a decision.

I can only agree with that. What course is your mate doing?
Reply 3
This was going to be my first choice next year for journalism! I'm hoping there's nothing to worry about? Seemed like a good uni!
Reply 4
Original post by MP222
This is a newspaper report of the official announcement made today.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-university-plans-axe-courses-4054107

Languages, politics etc closing this year. This will be the last intake.
Even Law is being badly affected. The Law School is closing and the law lecturers moved into the business school. I'm going to pull out now and move to my insurance choice. I don't want to be at a Uni that's running down its courses and which will probably be in more trouble soon.

Already had plans to get them to release me when i found out on the 3'rd of June they'd be axing history and politics. They emailed me today confirming they had released me. I'm not going to be on board the Titanic when it sinks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending