The Student Room Group

Really Worried About My Science Future

Hey, I am really worried about my future. I love science so much but i find the exam really difficult but i know all the stuff in class and at home. I get into bits when i get into that exam room and to make it worse i am dyslexic and i find it extremely difficult to read the questions and interpret them. I really want to have a job in Science. I have such a passion for this subject but i cant pass the exams. I am in the UK but i really dont know what to do. I did my double award GCSE exams last mount and i am constantly thinking about how i did if i will get a B to get onto the A-level course. I do BTEC Level 2 Diploma as an extra in school and get D* but this qualification is not highly reguarded and i would not get onto a science degree with a Level 3 diploma. What do you think i should do??? Please Help, everyday i worrie about this
Aren't you supposed to be given extra time in exams or something if you're dyslexic?

As for doing well in exams, you need to improve your exam technique. Do past-papers, check the mark schemes and examiner reports (you can usually find these on the exam boards' websites) to see what kind of answers they're looking for.

EDIT: You really need to talk to a teacher about this. If you're not happy with their advice, ask different teachers.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending