The Student Room Group

I don't understand why he broke up with me

Hi
My boyfriend preemptively broke up with me. He said he doesn't want to hurt me and would rather break up while we remember the good times instead of breaking up because he's done something bad. I'm confused!
Reply 1
It would appear he feels he wants to be with other people and doesn't want the urge to overwhelm him while he is still with you so you don't end up getting really hurt.
Paraphrase - I want to kiss/have sex with other girls.
Unfortunately, I am inclined to agree with the others. It is most likely to be that.
it's very ambigious but it seems like he has lost interest... don't worry there is always better fish in the sea, chin up! :emog:
Reply 5
Hun agree with everyone above me!

And i had something similar thing said to me 4 months ago by my ex, and at first i was confused myself right after the break up but the 2nd month after i kind of thought 'he wants to be with someone else' or 'is already liking someone else'
And i was right! he has been with this girl for 3 months already and went straight into it right after the break up with me.
Which sounds like a rebound,

But i'm guessing yours is going to do the same or is wanting to just have other girls.
It sucks to here this but its their lost because you're probs a lovely person, and he's lost that or will regret it!
Original post by art127
Hun agree with everyone above me!

And i had something similar thing said to me 4 months ago by my ex, and at first i was confused myself right after the break up but the 2nd month after i kind of thought 'he wants to be with someone else' or 'is already liking someone else'
And i was right! he has been with this girl for 3 months already and went straight into it right after the break up with me.
Which sounds like a rebound,

But i'm guessing yours is going to do the same or is wanting to just have other girls.
It sucks to here this but its their lost because you're probs a lovely person, and he's lost that or will regret it!

this platitude is one of the most ludicrous statement in regards to the end of the relationship - given (usually) to the dumpee.

When someone breaks up with someone they are obviously unhappy for a variety of reasons - so by breaking up they are improving thier situation so "its thier loss" makes no sense. Doesnt matter how great the other person was, the dumper was unhappy enough to end it. It could actually be the OPs loss and that her bf was a great guy but it just didnt work for him.

Of course he could always just be an immature knob
Reply 7
We talked last night, he actually has cancer so... That was unfortunate.
He didn't want me to have to go through it.
s i g h
Original post by Anonymous
We talked last night, he actually has cancer so... That was unfortunate.
He didn't want me to have to go through it.
s i g h

Oh, that is terrible, I'm sorry to hear that OP. What are you going to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending