The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography Unit 1 + Unit 2 Spec A June 4 + June 12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I live in Cardiff :lol::awesome:

So do I, I think that's why my school decided to do so many cardiff case studies, it makes it so much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ummm...
So do I, I think that's why my school decided to do so many cardiff case studies, it makes it so much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which school? (PM me if you want, or... If you don't feel comfortable saying dw)
Original post by ummm...

Thought unit 1 was hard, but I've got a really bad teacher, whole class thought it was impossibleeeew

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Unit 1 went okay in the end but I sort of freaked out when the first question was Map Skills and then the next one was talking about relief and I didn't even know what that meant :confused: At least I had enough time in this exam. In my mock the school put together questions from different papers, as we hadn't done retail and urban change or tourism, and they didn't give us enough time so some of my 6 markers ended up way too short!
Reply 43
Which school? (PM me if you want, or... If you don't feel comfortable saying dw)

I just have:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by SophieB1997
I think Unit 1 went okay in the end but I sort of freaked out when the first question was Map Skills and then the next one was talking about relief and I didn't even know what that meant :confused: At least I had enough time in this exam. In my mock the school put together questions from different papers, as we hadn't done retail and urban change or tourism, and they didn't give us enough time so some of my 6 markers ended up way too short!

I loved all the map work, relief basically just means the hills

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ummm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh I hate maps. That's what I thought relief was but I still didn't really know how to answer it :frown:
Original post by ummm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm probably one of the only people who doesn't live in Wales that does this exam :tongue: We were supposed to do Edexcel iGCSE but then they decided that they didn't like that course so switched back to WJEC.
Reply 47
I think I'm probably one of the only people who doesn't live in Wales that does this exam :tongue: We were supposed to do Edexcel iGCSE but then they decided that they didn't like that course so switched back to WJEC.

Yeh it's just easy if you live in wales, because like for all the cardiff case studies, you know them because you live there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ummm...
Yeh it's just easy if you live in wales, because like for all the cardiff case studies, you know them because you live there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have one case study on where I live for Retail and Urban Change so that's easy but other than that we have loads for Iceland (for Living in an Active Zone, Climate Change and Tourism), Borth, Happisburgh and Essex for Coasts, Mexico and Lebanon for Tourism, Bluewater Shopping Centre for Retail and Urban Change so they're all really different places that I don't really know much about. :frown:
Reply 49
We have one case study on where I live for Retail and Urban Change so that's easy but other than that we have loads for Iceland (for Living in an Active Zone, Climate Change and Tourism), Borth, Happisburgh and Essex for Coasts, Mexico and Lebanon for Tourism, Bluewater Shopping Centre for Retail and Urban Change so they're all really different places that I don't really know much about. :frown:

Wow we don't do any of them , I wouldn't have a clue where to start, if you want to change your tourism case studies because they're hard to Kenya and costa del sol, they are dead easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are the case studies I've learnt:
Coasts:
- Cleethorpes (coastal management)
- Happisburgh (coastal management)
- the Maldives (rising sea levels)
- Thames gateway project (rising sea levels)

Tourism:
- Cleethorpes (MEDC)
- Benidorm (MEDC)
- Castleton (MEDC)
- Kenya (LEDC + sustainable)

Retail and Urban Change:
- Albert Dock (waterfront development)
- Kuapa Kokoo Project (fair trade)
- Amazon UK Warehouse, Swansea
- Walmart
- Barcelona (antisocial behaviour & crime)

Is there anything else I should have a case study on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by ummm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you put for the very first question about the general direction of the river?
Reply 52
Original post by Sh4hid96
What did you put for the very first question about the general direction of the river?

You could put N or NNW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by ummm...
You could put N or NNW

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put north, what about the latitude question?
Reply 54
I put north, what about the latitude question?

Can't really remember that question sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by ummm...
Can't really remember that question sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was like the latitude and longitude of Pakistan.
Reply 56
It was like the latitude and longitude of Pakistan.

Yeh, can't remember what I put, what did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by ummm...
Yeh, can't remember what I put, what did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was between like 65.5 and 66 so I put 65.75. Not sure if its right though
Reply 58
I think it was between like 65.5 and 66 so I put 65.75. Not sure if its right though

Think I put 66, can't remember though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59

What case studies you doing for retail and urban change?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending