The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath official representative

Scroll to see replies

Did bath has clearing for Accounting and Finance last year?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by mynameispoo
Did bath has clearing for Accounting and Finance last year?

Hi,

Last year we had no clearing spaces for Accounting and Finance. However, we are unable to anticipate what the situation will be this year. We expect that we will have a limited number of spaces on a limited number of courses.

You didn't explain your situation fully but if I can help in any other way then let me know!

Rob
First Year Civil Engineer
Is it possible to make changes to your personal statement and resubmit directly to the university, and will this affect how they view your application?

I suppose in this case, they'll see the UCAS one and then they'll see the one you send them, but will that affect your application negatively?

I don't want to change the whole thing, it was just to clarify a couple of points I made, make my academic interests a bit clearer, and take a couple of sentences out. I realised I've maybe not made myself clear enough on my specific interest within the study as well as my independent reading on this topic, and I don't want this to be the reason I don't get an offer.
Why did Bath wait three months to reject me immediately after I rang to ask about my application without so much as a reason why

Bastards
Original post by All_TheCyanide
Why did Bath wait three months to reject me immediately after I rang to ask about my application without so much as a reason why

Bastards

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you did not receive an offer from Bath.

We have a large Admissions team who work hard to make decisions on all applications as quickly as possible, and wherever possible a decision will be made at the earliest opportunity. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive and the highly competitive nature of many of our programmes, it does take us some time to make decisions on all applications (which we try to do before 31 March).

You can find details on why applications may be made unsuccessful within our applicant webpages (http://www.bath.ac.uk/ug-applicants/applying/unsuccessful-applications/index.html).

Alternatively you can email [email protected] for more detailed feedback on your application.

Thanks,

Steve
Original post by ar-bath
Is it possible to make changes to your personal statement and resubmit directly to the university, and will this affect how they view your application?

I suppose in this case, they'll see the UCAS one and then they'll see the one you send them, but will that affect your application negatively?

I don't want to change the whole thing, it was just to clarify a couple of points I made, make my academic interests a bit clearer, and take a couple of sentences out. I realised I've maybe not made myself clear enough on my specific interest within the study as well as my independent reading on this topic, and I don't want this to be the reason I don't get an offer.

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid that we are unable to accept an updated personal statement.

If we needed to clarify anything in your personal statement then we would contact you for further details.

I wish you the best of luck with your application.

Regards,

Steve
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you did not receive an offer from Bath.

We have a large Admissions team who work hard to make decisions on all applications as quickly as possible, and wherever possible a decision will be made at the earliest opportunity. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive and the highly competitive nature of many of our programmes, it does take us some time to make decisions on all applications (which we try to do before 31 March).

You can find details on why applications may be made unsuccessful within our applicant webpages (http://www.bath.ac.uk/ug-applicants/applying/unsuccessful-applications/index.html).

Alternatively you can email [email protected] for more detailed feedback on your application.

Thanks,

Steve

Fair enough, it just seems very cruel to leave it so close to the exams to reject me and then not give a reason. I have emailed admissions and am waiting for a reply. I'm not the only one but the entire situation is cruel especially as they were the only university I wanted to go to.
Hi,

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid that we are unable to accept an updated personal statement.

If we needed to clarify anything in your personal statement then we would contact you for further details.

I wish you the best of luck with your application.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve :smile: I don't need to change it really, just thought I'd check in case!
Original post by Danny786
I've firmed Bath thanks to the great people on here, including you! I want to know when can we apply for accomodation, can you please find me a date, and tell me how?
Many thanks
and which one is the most popular amongst students, and what sort of things do people bring with them, do macbooks work? what about a tv? and stuff like that

Hi,
I'm glad to hear you've firmed Bath! Just to keep you updated, the date for accommodation applications is 13th April 2015. You will receive an email telling you exactly how to apply before then. There's also some information on the process here.

If you have any other questions about accommodation let me know!

Carly
Hi Steve, currently studying Sport and Exercise Science Level 3, recieved an offer of D*D*D* with 7 distinctions in science related units to do Sport and Exercise Science at Bath. I was just wondering which specific units counted as a science, cheers!
Original post by tabledna
Hi Steve, currently studying Sport and Exercise Science Level 3, recieved an offer of D*D*D* with 7 distinctions in science related units to do Sport and Exercise Science at Bath. I was just wondering which specific units counted as a science, cheers!

Hi tabledna,

I'm not certain of which units count as science-related so it would be best if you sent an e-mail to admissions and they will be able to provide you with the information you need. You can e-mail them at [email protected].

Congratulations on your offer!

Carly
I applied for a MSc course a month ago and only one of my reference was asked for confirmation. Is it normal? I haven't heard anything from the Uni since then. Should I email the admissions to ask about my application status or should I wait for a little longer?
Original post by dorie0807
I applied for a MSc course a month ago and only one of my reference was asked for confirmation. Is it normal? I haven't heard anything from the Uni since then. Should I email the admissions to ask about my application status or should I wait for a little longer?

Hi,

I would recommend contacting the Graduate School directly to find out what's happening with your application.

You can find contact details by selecting the relevant Graduate School on the following page:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/graduate-schools/index.html

Good luck!

Steve
Hi, I am an international student and is going to firm Bath for studying architecture. I would like to ask about the eligibility of accommodation during the course of study; am I guaranteed a place to live throughout the 4 years of university? If not, would there be alternatives for accommodation apart from university accommodation? Thanks!:smile:
Original post by natlaixd
Hi, I am an international student and is going to firm Bath for studying architecture. I would like to ask about the eligibility of accommodation during the course of study; am I guaranteed a place to live throughout the 4 years of university? If not, would there be alternatives for accommodation apart from university accommodation? Thanks!:smile:

Hi,

I'm Rob, a first year civil engineer.

Bath guarantee accommodation to all eligible first year students as long as they meet the application deadline.

Generally after your first year, you will need to look for private housing in the city. Most people get in groups of about 3 - 7 and rent a house in Bath. But don't panic about this yet! There's still plenty of time and it'll all be explained when the time comes.

Rob
Hi,

I'm Rob, a first year civil engineer.

Bath guarantee accommodation to all eligible first year students as long as they meet the application deadline.

Generally after your first year, you will need to look for private housing in the city. Most people get in groups of about 3 - 7 and rent a house in Bath. But don't panic about this yet! There's still plenty of time and it'll all be explained when the time comes.

Rob

Thanks!:smile:
Reply 456
Hi. I have an offer the study bsc maths at Bath. The offer I have been given is A*AAa +2 in STEP/merit in AEA, with A* in maths and a in AS further math. I was wondering how likely I would be to still get a place if I achieved A*AAa without the 2 in STEP/merit in AEA, as I'm trying to chose between Bristol (who require just A*AA) and Bath as my firm choice.
Original post by taleri
Hi. I have an offer the study bsc maths at Bath. The offer I have been given is A*AAa +2 in STEP/merit in AEA, with A* in maths and a in AS further math. I was wondering how likely I would be to still get a place if I achieved A*AAa without the 2 in STEP/merit in AEA, as I'm trying to chose between Bristol (who require just A*AA) and Bath as my firm choice.

Hi,

I'm Rob, a first year civil engineer. Congratulations on the offer!

Sadly I really couldn't comment on how likely it is that you'd get into Bath if you achieved lower grades. In some situations we will still accept people who narrowly miss out on their offers however the best advice is that this should not be relied on. It depends a lot on what your other results are like, what your personal statement is like and what the general standard is.

Sorry I can't really help as I appreciate the situation.

Best of luck, and if there's anything else I can help with, let me know!

Rob
(edited 9 years ago)
Are there any music practicing facilities, like band rooms etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Are there any music practicing facilities, like band rooms etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are loads of ways to get involved in music, including in the new ICIA building for the arts. You can find some info on what they offer for students here. On top of this, there are loads of music related societies, including MusicSoc, who will help you to make the most of these facilities as they meet regularly and also hire out equipment and instruments and help to make you aware is what of available to you.

Hope this helps!

Sam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending