The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Spanish and French with Business and Management

Hey Guys :smile:

I will be studying this course once September comes around, both languages post A-level, however the Business from scratch.

Can anyone tell me what the teaching is like within these departments?
I haven't been to an open day but I have a relative who has just finished their finals in Aber and they couldn't be happier with the Uni.

I'm confident that the teaching is of a high quality however if there is anyone who is currently studying Spanish or French at Aber, let me know!:smile:

see you in September :smile:
Original post by bellaz1
Hey Guys :smile:

I will be studying this course once September comes around, both languages post A-level, however the Business from scratch.

Can anyone tell me what the teaching is like within these departments?
I haven't been to an open day but I have a relative who has just finished their finals in Aber and they couldn't be happier with the Uni.

I'm confident that the teaching is of a high quality however if there is anyone who is currently studying Spanish or French at Aber, let me know!:smile:

see you in September :smile:

Hi Bellaz1,

Firstly welcome to TSR, you've definitely found the best place to come and talk Aber and everything else that goes on in life!

I am a study Marketing but a lot of the SMB (School of Management and Business) share the modules so I've taken a lot of modules with Business/Management students. The overall teaching is very good in the SMB, granted some lecturers are better than others but it is all subjective so I can't say "this lecturer is amazing and this one is awful". The main lecturers for the you will get are Steve, Wyn, Tiffany and Rhydian.

I have a friend who studies French and German, so I'll ask him about the languages department. However, he has always been complementary of the teaching and the modules. There was a little mix up with lecture times at the start of Semester one but these were quickly resolved by the undergraduates officers.

You mention that you haven't studied Business before, I wouldn't worry about that. I didn't study Business at A Level and managed aswell as others who got high grades in Business during their A Levels. In the first year there is a lot of cross references to other study areas such as philosophy and maths so it's more general business than anything specific. If you take reasonable quality notes in lectures and complete the work set for seminars then you'll be more than capable of getting decent scores in your exams. :smile:

Thanks again for making the effort of joining TSR to join our lovely yet slightly mad Aber group. Welcome to the madhouse!

The Optimistic Ram.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Quick Reply

Latest