The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

is this unfair dismissal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'll look into that for myself (sorry I know this isn'ty post!) I won't go anywhere with out someone, even if it's my daughter or dog as I concentrate on them, it's Bern going on 4 years and about to lose my second job! Going to uni though in Sept got the dsa sorted and will have support walking me to rooms etc... I'll look into this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't claim DLA now. It's PIP, which is a lot harder to get.
Original post by kmcgowan13
I'll look into that for myself (sorry I know this isn'ty post!) I won't go anywhere with out someone, even if it's my daughter or dog as I concentrate on them, it's Bern going on 4 years and about to lose my second job! Going to uni though in Sept got the dsa sorted and will have support walking me to rooms etc... I'll look into this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like you'd likely be entitled. :yy: I'd advise getting someone to help you fill in the forms as often an outside perspective helps you put your case better, and don't be discouraged if they initially refuse your application - I got told I was entirely ineligible, which was completely untrue, and then on appeal I got awarded lowest rates for both care and mobility (adds up to £42/week, and has meant I can start paying back a friend who's spent an awful lot of money looking after me :love:). Good luck with everything!

Original post by OU Student
You can't claim DLA now. It's PIP, which is a lot harder to get.

:nah: It's being phased out, but PIP isn't yet available nationwide. You can check what to apply for on the website I linked to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
I need some advice if this is unfair dismissal I attend a college doing my level 3 year 2 health and social care I always achieve distinction stars however recently my college have kicked me out due to my health problems which I have regular hospital appointments for and take medication I had a operation in 2014 on my bladder. I have a back condition depression. kidney problems and a over active bladder and problems with my cervixs and women's bits. College kicked me out an stated in not capable of finishing the course. Because it requries 100 hour work placement and my doctor sates I'm unfit for work however there are little things I do I was offered work placement at a young people's mental health place where all you do is talk to them however college stated I'm not capable of this or finishing th course or anything. Is this unfair dismissal. My grades aren't affected . My works always in on time . I miss days off college when I'm not well enough to come in but catch up on work.
Original post by Emzziie
I need some advice if this is unfair dismissal I attend a college doing my level 3 year 2 health and social care I always achieve distinction stars however recently my college have kicked me out due to my health problems which I have regular hospital appointments for and take medication I had a operation in 2014 on my bladder. I have a back condition depression. kidney problems and a over active bladder and problems with my cervixs and women's bits. College kicked me out an stated in not capable of finishing the course. Because it requries 100 hour work placement and my doctor sates I'm unfit for work however there are little things I do I was offered work placement at a young people's mental health place where all you do is talk to them however college stated I'm not capable of this or finishing th course or anything. Is this unfair dismissal. My grades aren't affected . My works always in on time . I miss days off college when I'm not well enough to come in but catch up on work.

You may get better answers if you start your own thread.
Original post by Emzziie

Start a new thread with this on. the original thread is 3 years old.

Unfair dismissal is a specific legal term that deals with the relationship between an employer and employee.

You are a student at your college and not an employee, so therefore it is not unfair dismissal

What you should do is go and see an advisor in the students union, also the people who look after disability services and tell them whats happened.

You need to see someone who can understand your case as it sounds like it needs more in depth attention. If you have a local law centre then you may be able to get free legal advice or you could look ibnto whether you could see a solicitor on a fixed fee interview with the view o getting legal aid.

They will need to see the decision and then you should look into appealing, they will have an appeals procedure which you need to use if not an appeal procedure then a complaints one. All colleges will have one.

If you do not win on appeal and still feel unhappy, then you should make a complaint to the SFA Skills funding agency and they can take it up with the college.

https://www.gov.uk/complainfurthereducationapprenticeship

Latest