The Student Room Group

Gcse geography edexcel b unit 1,2,3 discussion :d

Hey Guys :biggrin:
I couldn't see a discussion thread for the edexcel b specification geography exam, so I've made one for anyone taking the exam to post questions, thoughts, ideas, or general comments on the exam's taking place on:

UNIT 1- 4th June
UNIT 2-12th June
UNIT 3-17th June

Good Luck!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gd Luck all!
Reply 2
Hey LjWol, how r gonna revise for Unit 3? Im sought of lost.......
Reply 3
Original post by EXAMZ!!!

I'm not revising for it... LOL :P My teacher said you can go through words in italics on the booklet and know those definitions and also practice for the last section what option you would chose and why.
Reply 4
Original post by iceangel8
I'm not revising for it... LOL :P My teacher said you can go through words in italics on the booklet and know those definitions and also practice for the last section what option you would chose and why.

Same, my teacher said know how to evaluate all the options and know the booklet back-to-front then it will be easier to refer to it in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did rivers and watery world last year - let me know if you need help!
Doing tourism and settlements this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Unit 2 and Unit 3.
My current plan is to do really well on Unit 2 and then quite a lot worse on Unit 3 so hopefully it will average out.
Hey Guys! very good luck for unit 2 and 3!
I personally did rubbish in unit 1,ahh it was a horrible paper! so this 2 units, I have to work my butt off and aim for an A*. Any help you need,don't be afraid to ask me :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by EXAMZ!!!

I'm was already going to be doing what the other poster suggested, but i may also look through a few past papers just to get a 'feel' for the paper :biggrin:

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by chococup123
Hey Guys! very good luck for unit 2 and 3!
I personally did rubbish in unit 1,ahh it was a horrible paper! so this 2 units, I have to work my butt off and aim for an A*. Any help you need,don't be afraid to ask me :smile:

What did you put for the Japan question?

I put:
That they may not have been able to cope as:
-certain areas were inaccessible
-The rescue team may have been too small therefore unable to cope with the huge demand for help

i hated it, as i didn't know if they wanted the answers straight from the text or if they wanted us to think deeper, so i went for one of each :/

What did everybody put for the scale question?
I put:
100km but now i think it may have been 1000km now!!
Hey guys, I did unit 1 last year (A* 94 UMS) and my controlled assessment I got 46/50 (around the same ums). I've revised for unit 2, seems to be quite straightforward, however, I'm really worried about unit 3. Anyone got any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lollipopsftw
Hey guys, I did unit 1 last year (A* 94 UMS) and my controlled assessment I got 46/50 (around the same ums). I've revised for unit 2, seems to be quite straightforward, however, I'm really worried about unit 3. Anyone got any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our teacher said basically know where all the info is in the booklet so you can refer to it in the exam.
Know the meanings of the italicised words and use them.
The only revision my class is really doing is a grid evaluating all the options (social, economic and environmental positives and negatives). You need to be prepared to answer all kinds of questions on the options (not just "which option would you choose")
E.g.
Which option is the best socially for rural Uganda?
Which option would most benefit women and girls?
Which option would be least helpful for the inhabitants of rural Uganda?
Which option would be the best to break Ugandans out of the cycle of poverty?
So you need to know all your options inside out.
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mitchellshazia
I'm doing Unit 2 and Unit 3.
My current plan is to do really well on Unit 2 and then quite a lot worse on Unit 3 so hopefully it will average out.

yup; teachers said that this is the go to plan as it is virtually impossible to get an a in unit 3. i got high b's and i got full marks in unit 1 +4!!!
Reply 13
Does anyone have the january 2013 unit 2 higher tier past paper?
Original post by tazza ma razza
yup; teachers said that this is the go to plan as it is virtually impossible to get an a in unit 3. i got high b's and i got full marks in unit 1 +4!!!

I got full marks for 4 but only 95 for 1. So I have to average a low A. I should be fine (hopefully :s-smilie:).
i am sure you'll do fine :-)

by the way; what is your worst topic; mine is changing countryside or living spaces. so pointless these modules

tazza
if anybody could link me to jan 2013 unit 2h paper that'd be great
Original post by tazza ma razza
if anybody could link me to jan 2013 unit 2h paper that'd be great

I'll link it in a couple of minutes, just got home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

THANK YOU SO so much, it would be much appreciated :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, can you link it to me too? Could you link the mark scheme as well, if you have it?

It would be much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending