The Student Room Group

Is 20 fags per week too much for a 15 year old?

Scroll to see replies

whilst everyones going to say to many rah rah rah its not a lot, i kno many who happily blow through 20/40 a day... at that age.
Reply 41
Jesus, some of you are so self-righteous, sanctimonious and interfering.

You disagree with smoking? Wonderful, no need to be an arse about it.
20 a week works out as 3 for 6 days 2 for another day, basically 3 a day, for manly tar covered lungs like mine that is nothing but his lungs are developing. I would say it's not much a pack a week in general smoking terms, it feels like anything less than that isn't really smoking just like having a beer a night isn't really alcoholism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol this thread is 5 months old.

Original post by kumori
I was on about 10-20 a day at 15, never did me any harm. 3 a day is not even classed as smoking. Most people I know smoke more than that on a night out and they don't smoke

Posted from TSR Mobile

This post is so dumb. How do you know they didn't harm you? They could have caused significant damage to your insides that will affect you in later life. 3 a day is not even classed as smoking?? What is it then? "People who smoke don't even smoke". Wtf?
Reply 44
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Lol this thread is 5 months old.

This post is so dumb. How do you know they didn't harm you? They could have caused significant damage to your insides that will affect you in later life. 3 a day is not even classed as smoking?? What is it then? "People who smoke don't even smoke". Wtf?

That's nice... Well because my lung age is only 2 years older than me (which was one of the best of the group i was in got tested, and most other didn't smoke), the rest of my body is fine (thought blood test) and I'm in good health. it could of affected me in my later life, however so can stress, eating, drinking, breathing and not sleeping. Does this mean i just stay awake for 24 hours a day and sit in my room? nope it don't.

and the 3 a day thing is in terms of smoking normally, they may have 3 while drinking however they don't touch another one while sober. I'm sorry if you class that as smoking even the kids who have half a glass of wine at Christmas are also drinkers. so no they are not smokers in the terms of everyday smokers, they smoke what once a week however. i bet there is stuff you do once a week, its not like you brand yourself with it.
Reply 45
Original post by kumori
I was on about 10-20 a day at 15, never did me any harm. 3 a day is not even classed as smoking. Most people I know smoke more than that on a night out and they don't smoke

Posted from TSR Mobile

youll notice the harm more when you get older
Reply 46
Original post by coatsoft
youll notice the harm more when you get older

I would love to see something to prove I would, I have more of a chance yes but it don't mean I am going to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
That's 20 too many cigarettes for anyone.

Apart from appearing "cool", there are no benefits of smoking unless you love polluting the air more with the thousands of substances in cigarettes.
Good Lord, I think some people are being a bit censorious. 20 a week is too much, but a few here and there isn't going to hurt anyone. I would say maximum one a day.
Reply 49
Bet the kid in the story is you OP.
Original post by Hyde
That's 20 too many cigarettes for anyone.

Apart from appearing "cool", there are no benefits of smoking unless you love polluting the air more with the thousands of substances in cigarettes.

Yeah apart from the release of seratonin and dopamine on a drag, the buzz that it gives you the lightheaded feeling the time out from life and the relaxation it provides, and of course the effects in this link http://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/proven-positive-effects-of-nicotine-and.html?m=1 these are all short term effects and also reasons for smoking. The fact is if there weren't positive short term effects to smoking nobody would have taken the effort to grow dry and shred a plant, burn it and inhale the quite harsh smoke that makes most people cough for minutes. And if they did they would have gone "that hurts and I don't feel anything from that **** that" every drug that people use recreationaly has short term benefits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
It could be, depends I guess. I do wonder though if you should be smoking at all?

"que abuse and hate comments"
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Any is too many, really.

I say that as a smoker myself and I started when I was 14.

There's not an awful lot you can do about it. Aged 14 I didn't think I'd become a regular smoker and didn't listen to people telling me otherwise. Now I'm 18 and a regular smoker, I don't think it's anyone else's business.
Maybe I'm just stubborn.

Your funeral :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest