The Student Room Group

Ideas to bring boring business like cv to life.

I have written an ok cv - its not great but not brilliant.

The reason I don't think its great is because it looks boring!!

The company I am applying for is called Wesser and Parter.If you take two seconds to look at their site, you will see that their company is not boring!

I have the experince for this job! I can do this job but I need a cv to present in my interview next friday which scream "HIRE ME"
Reply 1
In my opinion, the best thing you can do with a CV is keep it brief. Two pages, full of impressive facts, so that when someone looks through it, all they is amazing things you can do. If you're worried about the look, keep a professional font, maybe try putting a border around to make it stand out, headers in capitals/bold/underlined. Generally though, it may look boring, but simple is best.
Alex Mann
In my opinion, the best thing you can do with a CV is keep it brief. Two pages, full of impressive facts, so that when someone looks through it, all they is amazing things you can do. If you're worried about the look, keep a professional font, maybe try putting a border around to make it stand out, headers in capitals/bold/underlined. Generally though, it may look boring, but simple is best.

I read on Doctor JobThat sometimes if you really need to stand out you have to do and "off the wall" cv such as a cv which has pop-ups!
Reply 3
In an artistic or creative job that would be cool. I'm not too sure about the company you're applying for, but generally professional is job. If I had a bunch of CVs on my desk, and I opened up a CV which had pop ups, my reaction would be "they're trying to hard, they're obviously trying to cover up a big weakness or gap in their CV if they're resorting to gimmicks."
Would any of the cvs on www.cv4you.com/samples grab your attention?
Reply 5
The one with the orange header. Professional, well laid out, with a little bit of personality. Go for it.
Reply 6
that wesser website is such a site :biggrin:

realistically, you can jazz up your CV all you want, but if you don't have what they are looking for you just aren't getting the job. I have to agree with AlexMann, keep it simple, succint and to the point. after all, you don't want to stand out for all the wrong reasons.
Reply 7
I wonder if people just have b&w text on their CVs (properly formatted with lines and all that jazz), or if there are others who use non-standard colours/fonts (which are still professional) for their resume.

Latest

Trending

Trending