The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Switching courses at UCL- When and How?

Dear my fellow people!

I have been accepted to UCL's ESPS degree and i was wondering if it would be possible to change courses since the language element is bothering me.
I was thinking of changing to Philosophy and Economics.

Is this change possible? and if it is-is it common and feasible?

Also, if i were to change, when do i change- at the start of the year when i actually enter the school (I'm an international applicant) and speak to the professors or now through email?

Thanks a bunch!
Reply 1
Original post by tcp1234
Dear my fellow people!

I have been accepted to UCL's ESPS degree and i was wondering if it would be possible to change courses since the language element is bothering me.

Also, if i were to change, when do i change- at the start of the year when i actually enter the school (I'm an international applicant) and speak to the professors or now through email?

Thanks a bunch!

I'm esps too! Only I love it so if I make my grades there's no chance I'm Switching hah. Anyway, I heard that in kings college there is a 2 week period when uni starts when you can get this done, however I'm not sure if this is for all of uni of London or just KCL.
You do need to let the know soon-ish though because they'll be starting to make schedules soon.
good luck
(edited 10 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by tcp1234
Dear my fellow people!

Thanks a bunch!

Contact the department that admitted you and department you would like to switch to. You will find emails in UCL Prospectus.

Yes, it's possible, I know people who did that.
Reply 3
I switched from History of Art and Dutch to French and Dutch. It took two attempts but I got there in the end! I've got an unconditional so this all happened last year. My first attempt was in March/April, I emailed them and asked if I could switch. They said no because my predicted grades were too low. Then I smashed my predicted grades so after results day I contacted them again and they said yes :-)

I think with course switching it's better to contact them about it sooner rather than later; during the first week of term they may allow you but it's best not to wait if you're sure you want to switch. Email the admissions officer. They'll ask you for a sort of personal statement explaining why you want to do the new course and then get back to you :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending