The Student Room Group

Have I failed English Language?

In questions 1,2&3 of English Language exam AQA i forgot to paragraph my answer and realised near the end of my exam and put // next to each paragraph that would've been

In question 4,5&6 i did paragraph fully

Have i just failed my English Language Exam?
Reply 1
You wouldn't fail, you might have just lost some marks. However you did put a little symbol so it should be fine, because they will probably see that you just forgot.

That english language paper was horrible in terms of timing.
Reply 2
Original post by crashed-out
You wouldn't fail, you might have just lost some marks. However you did put a little symbol so it should be fine, because they will probably see that you just forgot.

That english language paper was horrible in terms of timing.

Okay thanks! Yes i agree completely ran out of time:frown:
English language is horrific in terms of timing. And no, you won't have failed! You put paragraph symbols, and besides, SPaG is only marked in 5 and 6. (I'd imagine that includes paragraphing.) I don't even think they mark stuff like that in 1, 2 and 3 - it's all about comprehension.
Reply 4
that's a huge relief, I really thought i had messed up! Yes luckily I paragraphed in section b!
Occasionally I forgot to paragraph in English - I didn't actually do much practise so I wasn't prepared for a certain exam technique etc
I just put a key saying "//=newparagrah" even though they should know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending