The Student Room Group

Need help with a dating problem!

hello everyone.

my name is saul and im 16 and i have a problem with a girl. Im going to be true and honest. Well it all began when i saw her profile on a dating site and we started to chat since from last year december and it was okay. she is a very shy, quiet, polite girl with low self esteem and no confidence at all. i asked her out in like february and she said ok but when the time came to go out together, she was busy so we set another date in the following month and when the time came again to go out together, she said she forgot and she was already planning to go out with a best friend.

she has been in a relationship before however, details about it are sketchy as she said she is 'hurt' about it. since the last time i asked her out, she hasnt said anything about going out with me again and i do want to start a relationship but its hard if i have never seen her before. im at crossroads now and i dont know what to do so can someone give me honest advice ( not advice that is rude or critisism). i really need some help as i dont want to do the wrong thing. Thanks
Original post by topclass
hello everyone.

my name is saul and im 16 and i have a problem with a girl. Im going to be true and honest. Well it all began when i saw her profile on a dating site and we started to chat since from last year december and it was okay. she is a very shy, quiet, polite girl with low self esteem and no confidence at all. i asked her out in like february and she said ok but when the time came to go out together, she was busy so we set another date in the following month and when the time came again to go out together, she said she forgot and she was already planning to go out with a best friend.

she has been in a relationship before however, details about it are sketchy as she said she is 'hurt' about it. since the last time i asked her out, she hasnt said anything about going out with me again and i do want to start a relationship but its hard if i have never seen her before. im at crossroads now and i dont know what to do so can someone give me honest advice ( not advice that is rude or critisism). i really need some help as i dont want to do the wrong thing. Thanks

You said she's shy and it really does sound as if she's purposefully avoiding the dates youre setting.

My honest advice would be to give it a bit longer and if she's still not into it then move on to another person.
Reply 2
Is it possible that she isn't who she says she is? I only ask as she keeps making up excuses as to why she doesn't want to meet you and doesn't turn up to your dates.

If she is genuine, then you should make it clear that you're interested in her and ask her if she feels the same or not. At least then you'll know whether to move on or not.
Sounds like we should write to Neev could have a potential Catfish.
You say she's shy so when you ask her out she may like the idea of it but then when it comes to the actual date she might feel overwhelmed and like she can't go through with it because of nerves/anxiety..
Reply 5
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird a 16 year old is on dating sites? I thought you had to be 18 for them anyway...
Reply 6
Thanks for all your advice. Pleaae do keep them coming and i will continue to update this thread with new information and for everyones info, it is possible to go on dating sites if you are 16. There are various and trusred ones such as Mylol or Flirtbox. They are only made for teens. I will also try and set up a voting poll but keep the advice coming in. Thanks everyone
(edited 10 years ago)
Be straight with her, do you want to meet up with me or not? Quickest way to get a definite answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending