Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE OCR History Paper 2 10th June-Sources

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any specific potential sources on (Developments in British Medicine, 1200–1945: The impact of industrialization on living conditions and health and hygiene and the development of public health systems in the nineteenth century) that could come for the sources paper on 10th june?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The paper is not as specific as in previous years. So, potentially lots: Anticipate images/references to PH problems/causes. Cholera was a past P2 paper a few years ago - so might come up. Might also look at Chadwick/Simon/Snow, (key individuals). Could also examine impact of key factors on changes - so technology (mentioned in the Q), could be a topic in relation other important key factors - science, individuals, attitudes to the poor, Government intervention etc. OCR also like to put in unfamiliar sources that challenge and require contextual knowledge - so make sure you revise the context of the paper. Good luck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My history teacher is leaning towards the paper being on Snow and cholera as it came up a few years back so is due to come up again soon. However, he believes there is a chance it may be on Edwin Chadwick, in which case it may be a slightly tougher paper
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please give me a short summary on John Simon?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanahey)
    Can someone please give me a short summary on John Simon?
    There is stuff about him on the net.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to cross reference every question
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loolar)
    Go through mark schemes as they would give better information about this
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believe that you do with multiple source questions. So, if a question has two sources then you must analyse both and then cross reference them. This should be standard anyway, otherwise the Q probably can't be answered. Remember your judgment as to the Q as well. If you run out of time do it at the end.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The paper went well! What did people think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Paper was so easy! Luckily we'd looked at all those sources in class before as well so it was like second nature to write down everything aha! Hopefully got an A*, which should drag up my overall to an A* as well 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep went well, however I didn't cross reference on some questions will that matter much?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep went well, however I didn't cross reference on some questions will that matter much?
    Not really, as long as you used the sources the question asked for. Except in question 6, where we had to use all the sources, but otherwise you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2013
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.