The Student Room Group

Help! Will i lose marks for writing vectors like this?!

Untitled.png

All of the vector questions I've done in exams so far I've put it like this, in brackets, will I lose marks?! I've already done this in the mechanics exam!! :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Last Chance
Untitled.png

All of the vector questions I've done in exams so far I've put it like this, in brackets, will I lose marks?! I've already done this in the mechanics exam!! :frown:

I wouldn't have thought so - they all mean the same thing, it's just down to personal preference. :smile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_notation
So full marks I'd say :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Untitled.png

I always try to write the final answer in the same form the question is just incase, but you can do your working in whatever notation you want.
column vectors can be used to represent a vector answer, if you're going to write it in the form xi + yj + zk, I would put "hats" over the i j k vectors if you really want to be safe, but I've never done that and I don't think it's cost me anything
Reply 4
Original post by EatRainbows
I always try to write the final answer in the same form the question is just incase, but you can do your working in whatever notation you want.

I wrote my final answer in this form too...
Reply 5
Original post by Anythingoo1
column vectors can be used to represent a vector answer, if you're going to write it in the form xi + yj + zk, I would put "hats" over the i j k vectors if you really want to be safe, but I've never done that and I don't think it's cost me anything

Okay, thank you. :smile:
I wrote my final answer in this form too...

It will probably be fine, don't worry :'). If for some ridiculous reason they decide to penalise for it, you'll lose 1 mark at the very most.

Quick Reply

Latest