The Student Room Group

How much grant you lot getting

Scroll to see replies

I am receiving £5161 Assembly Learning Grant.
Original post by elise1988
Hi is anyone doing a nhs corse where they get an nhs bursery. I have sorted my bursery out n stuff but i dont know if you can get a maintenance grant with that too from student finance does anyone know x

I'm doing speech therapy this year and have applied for a bursery. Yet to hear back from them though. I was told we can't get a grant but you can get a loan from student finance. Mine will be a reduced rate loan since i've already done a degree. Hope this helps x
I'm getting the max amount... I'm living outside of London in Accomodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I'm only eligible for the reduced rate student loan because I already have a degree, does anyone know how much this might be? Does it depend on the amount of the nhs bursary I get? It's all very confusing :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
London maximum
Reply 25
Original post by thegodofgod
I don't think you can get £5000 just from the maintenance grant, so madders may have included the loan in as well (unless you've included any other bursaries you've received from your university :teeth:).

Anyway, I'll be getting £1799 grant, I think, and I'm not going to get any other bursaries from my university because of the course I decided to do :sigh:

Also, my accommodation cost is going to be very high too :frown: The cheapest option at the University of Brighton is like £125 pw, self-catered :afraid:

If I go to the Newcastle University, however, the cheapest accommodation I've applied for is something like £90 pw, self-catered, and additionally, I'll be given an Opportunity scholarship worth £1000 per year :excited:

But the job prospects of the former degree are better :s-smilie:

Jesus, that's extortionate, you could buy a house and pay less per month......mind you, probably not in Brighton.
Hi is anyone doing a nhs corse where they get an nhs bursery. I have sorted my bursery out n stuff but i dont know if you can get a maintenance grant with that too from student finance does anyone know x

I'm doing Nursing in September so have applied for NHS bursary. If you are doing an NHS course you can't get an SFE grant but you can get a SFE maintenance loan of £2324 (but this is higher if studying in London)
i cant remember exactly but its the full thing, around £3100 :smile:
Reply 28

Nope we get maintenance loan, no tuition fee loan , a 1000 pound non means tested grant and depending on your income upto 5 grand If your living In halls in London we don't get a grant that would be cheating :tongue:
Original post by Gillybop
Jesus, that's extortionate, you could buy a house and pay less per month......mind you, probably not in Brighton.

Yup, my parents pay something like £150 pcm in mortgage repayments :sigh:
Reply 30
£3,354 : D

Living away outside of London
Original post by IronGrass
London maximum

Same :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sod all.

Any by that I mean nothing.
£543 a month once I've taken the rent out, looking forward to having that much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
£0 and minimum maintenance loan (yay..?).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending